The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4740
I went to the Van Mildert open day for History on 21st/22nd and loved it! It seemed like a really friendly and fun college, the accomodation was pretty good and i met loads of nice people, i definitely feel lucky to have been put there!! Firmed Durham yesterday and i can't wait for October!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 4741
received my letter from castle this morning and it's a shame to hear that the majority of the univ open day-ers didn't have the best time but don't worry I'm sure it'll be great no matter the college we end up at :tongue: it'll be fun!
Original post by vms
received my letter from castle this morning and it's a shame to hear that the majority of the univ open day-ers didn't have the best time but don't worry I'm sure it'll be great no matter the college we end up at :tongue: it'll be fun!

Well I enjoyed myself at Castle and don't think I am particularly posh (though I go to a private school) :smile:

Not sure if I'm insuring it or not as Warwick is nearer. I'm going to try and visit Warwick to make up my mind.

I'm sure you'll love the Castle :tongue:
Original post by Keckers
The college was awesome. It far surpassed my expectations, the atmosphere was so nice.

The department was really nice as well, seemed like really good facilities and the staff all seemed very enthusiastic (enough that I managed to stay awake despite only having about 4 hours sleep the night before) I firmed it as soon as I got home.

Where abouts are you from?

Brilliant :biggrin:. Cheers for that. I'm from Northern Ireland and flights were really awkward for it. I really wish I had gone now… I firmed Durham today, I can't wait now!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by JubbleU
I went to the Van Mildert open day for History on 21st/22nd and loved it! It seemed like a really friendly and fun college, the accomodation was pretty good and i met loads of nice people, i definitely feel lucky to have been put there!! Firmed Durham yesterday and i can't wait for October!

Hi, I also went to Van Mildert College those days doing Psychology.

I really liked it - atmosphere was amazing and the loud music was sickkkk.

Only thing that worries me is the sharing the toilets/showers business. I like my own space! Anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by gleekchic
Hi, I also went to Van Mildert College those days doing Psychology.

I really liked it - atmosphere was amazing and the loud music was sickkkk.

Only thing that worries me is the sharing the toilets/showers business. I like my own space! Anyone else in the same boat?

Yep, that worries me too! But at least its single rooms, and somebody else said it was 16 people to 4 loos & 4 showers so thats not tooo bad... were they individual bathrooms or a big communal room? I didn't get to go to the open day :frown: What events did they organise both for those going out and those staying in?
Reply 4746
Putting durham as my firm for marketing :smile: snow here I come!
Reply 4747
Firming Durham for Geography :smile:
Reply 4748
Original post by steffanie
I really enjoyed the open days, I went to Durham pretty set on firming UCL, but then had an amazing time at Butler and now have no idea where to firm :frown:
Did anyone else go to Butler? :biggrin:

I went to Butler on 21st/22nd! When did you go?
I didn't apply there originally and was a bit put off by the fact it was self-catered and way out of town, but when I actually got there the people were all amazingly friendly and I had a great time! Think I'm gonna put Durham as my firm instead of Warwick now :smile: Have you decided yet?
Reply 4749
I really enjoyed the open days, I went to Durham pretty set on firming UCL, but then had an amazing time at Butler and now have no idea where to firm :frown:
Did anyone else go to Butler? :biggrin:

Durham!!! it's amazing i love it so much! :smile: yeeeyy october!
Original post by georgini
I went to Butler on 21st/22nd! When did you go?
I didn't apply there originally and was a bit put off by the fact it was self-catered and way out of town, but when I actually got there the people were all amazingly friendly and I had a great time! Think I'm gonna put Durham as my firm instead of Warwick now :smile: Have you decided yet?

I was there on the 21st/22nd as well :smile: Which subject?
Noope I still haven't decided!
I was a little apprehensive after some of the things I'd heard about it, but I thought it was amazing! So much Butler love :biggrin:
Original post by mlsdbk
Durham!!! it's amazing i love it so much! :smile: yeeeyy october!

I'm too indecisive!
Have you firmed it?
Reply 4752
I'm too indecisive!
Have you firmed it?

yes i have.. durham was always my first choice! not just because its an amazing uni but because i am in love with it too! i live in london and personally would not like to be a student here! its great to live but not for uni .. but depends what you want everyone's different! i love the colleges and the fact that its students everywhere.. its so beautiful and everywhere is so close! If you want a big city then newcastle's 10 mins away so best of both world really! though its up to you off course :smile:
Reply 4753
Just firmed Durham today! :biggrin: I'm going to study L100 economics and live at St. Cuths.

Look forward to meet you there this fall!
Is anyone thinking of going to the open days in july? Obviously ive seen durham, but my parents have just told me they want to see the uni/department also before I go. Woo any excuse to see the uni/city again, haha! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4755
Original post by Mocka
Just firmed Durham today! :biggrin: I'm going to study L100 economics and live at St. Cuths.

Look forward to meet you there this fall!

yeeyyy i'm doing econ too! so excited for october! are you american.. 'fall'? :smile:
Original post by magicalelf
Is anyone thinking of going to the open days in july? Obviously ive not seen durham, but my parents have just told me they want to see the uni/department also before I go. Woo any excuse to see the uni/city again, haha! :biggrin:

I will hopefully! I didn't go to the open day in March, and I think it's important that I have a look round before going to uni in the Autumn.

That, or I may just book a campus tour sometime over the summer, when they won't be making an extra special effort to put themselves in a good light :smile:
Reply 4757
Original post by mlsdbk
yeeyyy i'm doing econ too! so excited for october! are you american.. 'fall'? :smile:

why hello there! :biggrin: Which college will you be staying at?

I'm norwegian really, so hopefully i'll learn the proper english during my studies :tongue:
Reply 4758
Original post by Mocka
why hello there! :biggrin: Which college will you be staying at?

I'm norwegian really, so hopefully i'll learn the proper english during my studies :tongue:

haha no its fine!! i'm at St Aidan's :smile:
Original post by Seasick Steve
I will hopefully! I didn't go to the open day in March, and I think it's important that I have a look round before going to uni in the Autumn.

That, or I may just book a campus tour sometime over the summer, when they won't be making an extra special effort to put themselves in a good light :smile:

Just realised that I put I've not seen durham, I have, daft typo haha.
Yeah its definitely important to see it, ooh thats true, but would you be able to visit specific departments/colleges on a campus tour?

Latest

Trending

Trending