The Student Room Group

Schoolgirl, 12 gives birth on school trip

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Dekota-XS
Oh come on, its a technological advancement. If a 12 year old girl can give birth successfully, we should be happy that we're evolving as humans.

this.
Original post by 4ttari
Lets blame things the might not even be related to this in anyway.

And let's ignore sex education forced down 5 year olds because they need to have sexual awareness of what orgasm, prostitution and homosexuality is.

:lolwut:
Original post by Blueflare
:lolwut:

All the people criticising her are seriously ****ed in the head, she is TWELVE. She clearly is not to blame for whatever happened here. And it is perfectly possible for people to not know they are pregnant. She's expecting to be going through puberty so how is she supposed to know that things such as irregular periods were due to pregnancy and not just normal development? FFS leave her alone, she is just a child.

I agree. People are being so rude and just need to stop :angry:. I think she's been abused (the article said that she's been put into care and her dad does have a record for sexual abuse). Also I agree with the whole irregular periods thing in this case, and she's just a child so she's probably not entirely clued in stuff like sex and periods and stuff. I know I wasn't at that age (and I started my periods when I was 10), I only knew towards the end of year 7.

People just need to back off seriously.
Reply 123
Poor girl. It was in the metro other day that a Canadian school girl visiting England with her school gave birth in the hotel. The only reason they found out was because hotel staff found the baby dead after the school party had left. The cause of death is not known but the police etc caught up with the girl at the Canadian airport and took her for treatment. No one knew she was pregnant either.

I can't begin to imagine the fear you would feel to be told you are giving birth when you didn't even know you was pregnant, especially at that age.
Absolutely crazy.

I was having a look at that thread which said the youngest grandmother is a 23 year old Romanian. Now THAT is scary...
Reply 125
Original post by Bekaboo

As in adenosine tri phosphate (ATP!)
It's a nucleotide made up of adenine (one of the 4 RNA bases) and a ribose group

From a non molecular biology POV it makes you sleepy.
Caffeine binds to the receptor built for adenosine, because they kinda 'look the same', but it doesn't make you sleepy obviously - it makes you hyper! So if you have caffeine around then the adenosine gets left out :frown:

You are so knowledgeable! Wish I was more like you :colondollar:
Reply 126
Original post by janet9
You are so knowledgeable! Wish I was more like you :colondollar:

Hehe purely on the basis of the statistical TSR demographic, chances are I'm older than you and have been through more education :wink:
the younger you are the tighter your stomach muscles tend to be, so therefore they dont often give, so you cant see a bump. its a pretty common fact.
I really feel for her and worry how this will affect her future.What confuses me is how could no one notice she was carrying a baby?
Reply 129
Original post by loling909
A 12-year-old Dutch schoolgirl who gave birth during a school trip has been placed into foster care.

The unnamed girl from Groningen was out with classmates last Tuesday when she felt violent stomach pains. An alarmed teacher called an ambulance and when emergency services arrived they realised she was about to give birth.

Neither the girl nor her family realised she was pregnant, and she showed no signs of carrying a baby.

She has refused to name the father.

Dutch social services told news agency ANP the girl “may be in an unsafe environment” at home and have asked police to begin a formal investigation.

They said: “It is not clear if the adults in this story have played a role. That is why we have asked the police to look into the adults.”

Dutch paper the Telegraaf reports that the girl's father has a conviction for abusing an older sister.

The schoolgirl, along with her baby, are said to be “doing well” in hospital.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/schoolgirl12-gives-birth-on-school-trip-blog-52-yahoo-lifestyles.html

:eek:

Nasty little tramp....then again, I blame the left wing media who sexualise young children in western countries, and call it freedom.
Reply 130
Original post by Dee Leigh
I agree. People are being so rude and just need to stop :angry:. I think she's been abused (the article said that she's been put into care and her dad does have a record for sexual abuse). Also I agree with the whole irregular periods thing in this case, and she's just a child so she's probably not entirely clued in stuff like sex and periods and stuff. I know I wasn't at that age (and I started my periods when I was 10), I only knew towards the end of year 7.

People just need to back off seriously.

Never is the girls fault is it.
This is why these things are comeing common, the girls are always let of the hook!
Reply 131
Original post by OddThings
I really feel for her and worry how this will affect her future.What confuses me is how could no one notice she was carrying a baby?

No one forced her to open her legs!
Stop feeling sorry for low lives.

Ok I'm going to leave this thread and when I come back I expect to see that this thread was really about kittens. :mad:
Original post by NerdBOY1

No one forced her? It seems her father may have.Neither of us know intimately the full story so stop being judgemental.She could have been sexually abused,dont assume she is a whore.
Cool story bro, idc.

Oh piss off, sexist. You have no idea what this girl has gone through, at 12 years old yes she may be an over-sexualised young girl who did not understand what she was doing, or she was assaulted. Do you think either of these things are acceptable? Your comments are vile.
Never is the girls fault is it.
This is why these things are comeing common, the girls are always let of the hook!

That's not what I'm saying...
erhjkl
Reply 138
She was probably too stoned to realise she had a bun in t'oven.
Reply 139
At 12, your period isn't regular. And if the baby was premature she might have just thought she was growing and getting a bit of a belly as the rest of her grew? I think it's quite plausible that a 12 year old girl wouldn't realise she's pregnant. I wonder how it happened - I hope she wasn't abused by her family :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending