The Student Room Group

Help - I have to go on a stag do!

My brother is having a stag do and knowing his friends, this isn't going to be some sort of quiet evening in. I don't really drink anymore nor am I the 'crazy' sort to do wild things. It looks like activities such as paintballing won't be included but I'm wondering how I can survive this intact. Any ideas?
Reply 1
So you don't drink... not hard is it?
Reply 2
Original post by tehFrance
So you don't drink... not hard is it?

I'm not sure they'd take no for an answer. I'm not sure you understand the british drinking culture.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure they'd take no for an answer. I'm not sure you understand the british drinking culture.

Oh just because I am French (half-British) you automatically assume I don't undestand the culture, I have been here long enough to have experienced it :angry: when I go out if I do want to drink my friends don't force me too.

You don't want to drink so tell them so and be instistant about it, give in and it is a sign of weakness for the future.
Reply 4
Original post by tehFrance
Oh just because I am French (half-British) you automatically assume I don't undestand the culture, I have been here long enough to have experienced it :angry: when I go out if I do want to drink my friends don't force me too.

You don't want to drink so tell them so and be instistant about it, give in and it is a sign of weakness for the future.

Wow.... that emoticon is a little excessive. No?

Chill man; it's only TSR.
Well man up then :facepalm:

One night of silliness isn't going to do you any harm.
If you don't "really drink anymore," that suggests that you maybe once did. Perhaps you could have a few pints? You don't need to get bladdered. Or, suggest to your brother about going on a painballing trip as well, and then you won't feel so obliged to go to the 'piss up' as well.

If you're dreading it that much, make an excuse not to go/suddenly go ill on the morning of the stag do!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending