The Student Room Group

Access course 1991

Greetings everyone

Completely new to this , so please be patient with me as I do not know the rules of the forum yet.

I completed a one year Access course to teaching at Brixton Community College in London (now part of Lambeth College) in 1991.

I do not have anything relating to this access course other than a certificate issued by the college which does not contain any examination board information. I need to confirm that I have the equivilent of GCSE Maths/English at grade C or above.
I remember studying the GCSE books and taking the exam but can't remember the exam board.

I am trying to trying to find out who the examination board was at the time and if any records exist to prove that I studied at that level and whether I can get a transcript.

I have spoken to Lambeth College and no records exist that far back. If any one has any ideas that could help me I would be very grateful.
Reply 1
Original post by getting older
Greetings everyone

Completely new to this , so please be patient with me as I do not know the rules of the forum yet.

I completed a one year Access course to teaching at Brixton Community College in London (now part of Lambeth College) in 1991.

I do not have anything relating to this access course other than a certificate issued by the college which does not contain any examination board information. I need to confirm that I have the equivilent of GCSE Maths/English at grade C or above.
I remember studying the GCSE books and taking the exam but can't remember the exam board.

I am trying to trying to find out who the examination board was at the time and if any records exist to prove that I studied at that level and whether I can get a transcript.

I have spoken to Lambeth College and no records exist that far back. If any one has any ideas that could help me I would be very grateful.

hi getting older
if you cant remember the exam board ie the access network who validated ur quals back in 1991 my only other suggestion is have u ever considered taking a more updated GCSE equivalents like the Skills for Life in Adult Literacy and Numeracy,have u ever thought of doing these at all?
I did one of the adult numeracy ones with the OCR board,it usually takes only a few weeks to gain the quals however u would have to have a assessment first though to see what level u are at.I suggest contacting ur local college and enquiring about this if u are interested sorry if i couldnt be more help
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by wizardtop
hi getting older
if you cant remember the exam board ie the access network who validated ur quals back in 1991 my only other suggestion is have u ever considered taking a more updated GCSE equivalents like the Skills for Life in Adult Literacy and Numeracy,have u ever thought of doing these at all?
I did one of the adult numeracy ones with the OCR board,it usually takes only a few weeks to gain the quals however u would have to have a assessment first though to see what level u are at.I suggest contacting ur local college and enquiring about this if u are interested sorry if i couldnt be more help

Thanks for the advice WizardTop I will certainly think about that and any help is better than no help so I apreciate it.
Good luck with the access course you are planning to do. I hope it works out for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending