The Student Room Group

I nearly died last night my life is a ****ing mess.

The following is an account of the events that transpired yesterday and almost led to my death. It's a little long so if you don't wanna read it then **** off and troll elsewhere. Got it??

Yesterday was the Annual Welsh Varsity. It's basically Swansea vs Cardiff in a whole range of sports which culminates in a rugby match at the Millenium stadium with Swansea vs Cardiff. Naturally we won and thrashed Cardiff. After we got home 2 of my friends decided they didn't wanna go out after all, so they gave me both their tickets and i just went.

Originally i planned to go for one drink in a bar and then finish off in a club. However bars were opened for longer than usual so i just stayed there and got really hammered. I must've spent about £30 on drinks. £7 on two drinks in Revs, and the rest were Firebombs and Jaegerbombs. I got thrown out of Revs for virtually poassing out in the sink and then hit the club. I was in there for maybe 10 minutes before i just gave in and decided to go home. I don't remember much about the cab ride home. I got into my flat and just passed out on someone's door.

I was dragged into the ktichen and proceeded to throw up all over myself on the kitchen floor. My tongue had to be removed from my mouth to prevent me from choking. An ambulance arrived and i was taken to A&E. The paramedics pricked my finger to check blood glucose, put a weird thing on my thumb to take my stats and also had these weird pad things o both my arms and legs.

I think they were glued on with jelly or something i'm not sure what they were. Anyway my shirt was ripped and i was given blankets. I got a cab ride home at 6:45 which cost me £20.

I woke up in the afternoon. When i got back after my lecture my flatmate posted a pic of me on facebook and i asked him about it and they started abusing me saying i was an ungrateful piece of ****. I just barely got into the flat and tbf i hadn't thought of apologising to them. After the abuse i went into my room for 5 mins and then got them all into the kitchen and than apologised and thanked them for it.

Everything was cool after that and it was as if nothing ever happened.
I'm still in shock after last night and the abuse i recieved from them. I also feel like **** and haven't eaten all day as my gullet and stomach and mouth just feel like they're on fire. Anyway i'm just a little scared and anxious right now.

TL:biggrin:R Went out last night, spent almost £60 half of that on drinks and ended up in ended up in A&E, virtually half dead. Got abused by my flatmates and just spent the whole day feeling bad. I'm on Citalopram so that didn't help.

What should i do now? I'm a little nervous around my flatmates after them seeing me in that state as they now give me dodgy looks.
Also do they hate me or view me as a disgrace? When i got up they stuck the pic on my door and one of em called me a ****ing disgrace.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They were probably worried about you and that's why the got angry. It'll pass as long as this isn't something you'd usually do.
Erm yeah.... being on Citalopram probably didn't help... I take it and I'm off my face after a glass of wine..

Things will die down eventually. I suppose every person has a memorable story attached to them...
Why is this exactly the same story as the thread abuot a guy hating his housemate?
I don't think getting drunk really constitutes being half dead.

Suck it up...
Original post by Anonymous
The following is an account of the events that transpired yesterday and almost led to my death. It's a little long so if you don't wanna read it then **** off and troll elsewhere. Got it??

Yesterday was the Annual Welsh Varsity. It's basically Swansea vs Cardiff in a whole range of sports which culminates in a rugby match at the Millenium stadium with Swansea vs Cardiff. Naturally we won and thrashed Cardiff. After we got home 2 of my friends decided they didn't wanna go out after all, so they gave me both their tickets and i just went.

Originally i planned to go for one drink in a bar and then finish off in a club. However bars were opened for longer than usual so i just stayed there and got really hammered. I must've spent about £30 on drinks. £7 on two drinks in Revs, and the rest were Firebombs and Jaegerbombs. I got thrown out of Revs for virtually poassing out in the sink and then hit the club. I was in there for maybe 10 minutes before i just gave in and decided to go home. I don't remember much about the cab ride home. I got into my flat and just passed out on someone's door.

I was dragged into the ktichen and proceeded to throw up all over myself on the kitchen floor. My tongue had to be removed from my mouth to prevent me from choking. An ambulance arrived and i was taken to A&E. The paramedics pricked my finger to check blood glucose, put a weird thing on my thumb to take my stats and also had these weird pad things o both my arms and legs.

I think they were glued on with jelly or something i'm not sure what they were. Anyway my shirt was ripped and i was given blankets. I got a cab ride home at 6:45 which cost me £20.

I woke up in the afternoon. When i got back after my lecture my flatmate posted a pic of me on facebook and i asked him about it and they started abusing me saying i was an ungrateful piece of ****. I just barely got into the flat and tbf i hadn't thought of apologising to them. After the abuse i went into my room for 5 mins and then got them all into the kitchen and than apologised and thanked them for it.

I'm still in shock after last night and the abuse i recieved from them. I also feel like **** and haven't eaten all day as my gullet and stomach and mouth just feel like they're on fire. Anyway i'm just a little scared and anxious right now.

TL:biggrin:R Went out last night, spent almost £60 half of that on drinks and ended up in ended up in A&E, virtually half dead. Got abused by my flatmates and just spent the whole day feeling bad. I'm on Citalopram so that didn't help.

What should i do now? I'm a little nervous around my flatmates after them seeing me in that state as they now give me dodgy looks.
Also do they hate me or view me as a disgrace? When i got up they stuck the pic on my door and one of em called me a ****ing disgrace.

Try not to worry about it, time is a great healer .. give it a couple of days and it will be water under the bridge..
Reply 6
WAHEEEEEEEEEEY SWANSEA!

...yeah, that's all I have to say. :colonhash:
Reply 7
Describe the abuse and I can tell you.
Let them calm down, then talk it over with them again if you feel you need to. Are they your friends? - could they be angry because they were worried about you/are upset that you were so ill?

Drink really doesn't mix with Citalopram though, I'm sure you know that now.

Hope you feel better soon. You should probably try to eat something, not sure what would be best though (did the hospital advise you?). Water as well of course - best to sip it gradually, not too much especially on an empty stomach.
Reply 9
You went to your lecture?
Original post by Anonymous
The following is an account of the events that transpired yesterday and almost led to my death. It's a little long so if you don't wanna read it then **** off and troll elsewhere. Got it?

Originally i planned to go for one drink in a bar and then finish off in a club. However bars were opened for longer than usual so i just stayed there and got really hammered. I must've spent about £30 on drinks. £7 on two drinks in Revs and the rest were Firebombs and Jaegerbombs. I got thrown out of Revs for virtually poassing out in the sink and then hit the club. I was in there for maybe 10 minutes before i just gave in and decided to go home. I don't remember much about the cab ride home. I got into my flat and just passed out on someone's door.

I think they were glued on with you jelly or something i'm not sure what they were. Anyway my shirt was ripped and i was given blankets. I got a cab ride home at 6:45 which cost me £20.

I thought as much.
Reply 11
Original post by Georgiahoneybee
Why is this exactly the same story as the thread abuot a guy hating his housemate?

That's what i was thinking, are you black
You went out by yourself :lolwut:? Probably not wise in the first place. As for your housemates it's probably just best to talk to them - they are your friends i presume?

Also that seems a tad OOT for £30!
Reply 13
Original post by Broderss

yeah, wtf?
Reply 14
Original post by Broderss

Yes i went to four consecutive lectures.. Don't ask why
Reply 15
Original post by Georgiahoneybee

You read my mind :smile:
Reply 16
You should really know better than to go on a booze cruise whilst on Citalopram OP. :facepalm:
I don't mean to be a smart-ass but try to be more responsible next time. Anti depressants and excessive alcohol do NOT mix
That's more NHS money down the drain. Just because you acted like a tool, that ambulance had to pick you up instead of someone having a heart attack or a real problem.
Reply 18
After coming out of A&E , you decided to attend a lecture????

You are messed up Lol :smile:
Reply 19
Uh Im guesing the thread earlier was about you then.. I'd post the link but I dont know whether you would want to read it.

You apologised, we all do stupid things.. you obviously feel bad and did the right thing of trying to make amends. Just have to keep going. Hope you feel better soon!
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending