The Student Room Group

I want to go clubbing, but I have no one to go with

Scroll to see replies

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by fibrebiz

In bringing my friends along, I would be massively decreasing my odds of pulling, which, let's be honest is the reason why people go clubbing in the first place.

In the words of Frank Boyle, you have never been to Blackpool on Extacy
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by cruciform
No but the point is you get to know them afterwards. First you talk to them, get a good impression, talk about what you like, etc. If it all goes good, get the number, meet up for events and stuff and then if it goes well, you properly ask them out.

Are you single?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by lella_m
It goes without saying really. Chances are I'm not going to find somebody 'decent' in a club. For a start they're highly unlikely to share my interests or social outlook as I wouldn't usually be in a club in the first place, not without great persuasion anyway.

We all live in the same society, so chances are a lot of us share the same social outlook. Additionally, a significant portion of TSR users have been or go clubbing; are they indecent?
Reply 66
Original post by G8D
Same social outlook, what bubble do you live in?

Most TSR users are indecent. I know I wouldn't like to meet most of them in a club.

What were you trying to achieve with this post?

I was trying to correct her didactic view on clubbing and its characters.

I don't live in any bubble. Unless she is, or you are, willing to further define social outlook, I say that the vast majority of the population share the same one.
Meh, I'll go with you once my exams are over haha. I'll go anywhere and everywhere then!!
Original post by lella_m
Curious.

Just because we live in the same society, doesn't mean we're going to share the same social outlook, not even in the slightest bit. I'm sure a significant number of the general public alongside TSR have been clubbing before, sure. That simple fact doesn't mean they are not suitable, I never said that. I simply stated a club would not be in the list of places to look for a potential partner.

But as I said, why?? You can still get to know them by hanging out with them/meeting up or 'seeing them' before asking them out/getting asked out, so there is plenty of time to get to know them. What is the problem??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by lella_m
Curious.

Just because we live in the same society, doesn't mean we're going to share the same social outlook, not even in the slightest bit. I'm sure a significant number of the general public alongside TSR have been clubbing before, sure. That simple fact doesn't mean they are not suitable, I never said that. I simply stated a club would not be in the list of places to look for a potential partner.

And your reason for that was because clubgoers were indecent.

Care to define social outlook?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 and I've never been clubbing before. I would like to, but I've somehow managed to drift away from most of my old friends from school, and I don't really hang round with them much anymore. And the ones I've asked to go clubbing with, they always have some excuse like they have no money or something. I think maybe they're just boring though. Like, how much can it cost to go just once at least?

What else can I do? I am a loner who often goes places on my own, which I don't mind too much normally but I'm not sure it's very safe to go clubbing by myself? Help!

By the way I'm not at uni and I don't plan to go, at least not any time soon.

Anon as this is a little embarrassing.

A lot more than you think. There is the cost of getting there, getting in, buying drinks (usually lots) which tend to cost more in a club than anywhere else, then getting home and in my case food on the way home. Clubbing is seriously over-rated. I can understand you wanting to go if you have never been but if its not really the kind of thing you are into you won't enjoy it. Even if it is your kind of thing you'll grow out of it very quickly, I first went at 18 and had pretty much grown out of it by 20/21. I can't comment on going on your own cos it not that kind of thing I'd do, I'd be too shy.
Reply 72
People do grow out of it though....
Reply 73
Original post by hippieglitter
A lot more than you think. There is the cost of getting there, getting in, buying drinks (usually lots) which tend to cost more in a club than anywhere else, then getting home and in my case food on the way home. Clubbing is seriously over-rated. I can understand you wanting to go if you have never been but if its not really the kind of thing you are into you won't enjoy it. Even if it is your kind of thing you'll grow out of it very quickly, I first went at 18 and had pretty much grown out of it by 20/21. I can't comment on going on your own cos it not that kind of thing I'd do, I'd be too shy.

Original post by J_90
People do grow out of it though....

OH great, so now I'm gonna grow out of it already before I've even been before? :sigh:
Awwwwwww I'll go clubbing with you OP I am in london tooooo :smile:
Reply 75
That was in response to the dude a few posts above mine, I'm just too drunk to be arsed to quote :wink:
Original post by salty_candy
Oh my God, I'd rather die.

what why aha?
Original post by IcEmAn911
It's impossible finding people who are into trance in life! Throughout my entire life I can honestly say that I've managed to find 3 and maybe 4 individuals who are into proper trance music like I am! If you fancy joining me on my trance adventures post uni then hit me up as I am always on the lookout for some new trance friends :biggrin:

I am definitely in need of a friend to trance around the world with!

Ur def right there...apparently the only way to do it is forums and pre-concert meet ups at pubs...although I'm not a trance head myself yet! Anyway I wouldnt mind going on a few select concerts...**** friends, they dunno what they missing out on :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 and I've never been clubbing before. I would like to, but I've somehow managed to drift away from most of my old friends from school, and I don't really hang round with them much anymore. And the ones I've asked to go clubbing with, they always have some excuse like they have no money or something. I think maybe they're just boring though. Like, how much can it cost to go just once at least?

What else can I do? I am a loner who often goes places on my own, which I don't mind too much normally but I'm not sure it's very safe to go clubbing by myself? Help!

By the way I'm not at uni and I don't plan to go, at least not any time soon.

Anon as this is a little embarrassing.

I think weekly organised bar crawls for people visiting cities or who just feel like a night out could be quite lucrative...just saying :biggrin:
i live in london and if you want people to go with i can come OP :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending