The Student Room Group

Could/Would you date outside your race?

Hey guys :smile:

Im a young black danish female and im mostly attracted to white guys..

Im very shy though so i dont really approach guys..

When i was 15 i got the courage to tell this danish boy i liked him and his response was "youre cool and everything but i dont want a black girlfriend"

my best friend was schocked... (sorry for the spelling) but i guess you cant help what you're attracted to right? it didnt exactly help my confidence at the time and i was so young and insecure as it is. lol...

whats your thoughts on this? and yeah would/could you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Race - Yes.
Religion - No. Because if our beliefs are different how would we even get along surely you should be with somebody with similar values and beliefs as you.
Damn thats a bit harsh/blunt.

And yes I would.
Reply 3
Original post by TheDanishAlmond

I'd date a latina so I guess I can :smile:

Ideally I'd like to marry a Jew though.
TROLLLL what is up with the amount of insecure black and asian guys/girls and worrying if white guys like them or not
Reply 5
Yeah, its all good really, if they're nice then it alright..
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
TROLLLL what is up with the amount of insecure black and asian guys/girls and worrying if white guys like them or not

Why did you post anon to say that:confused:
Reply 7

When i was 15 i got the courage to tell this danish boy i liked him and his response was "youre cool and everything but i dont want a black girlfriend"

my best friend was schocked... (sorry for the spelling) but i guess you cant help what you're attracted to right? it didnt exactly help my confidence at the time and i was so young and insecure as it is. lol...

Race shouldn't matter. If you like the person, it's all that matters. Forget the parents, just do what makes you feel happy.
Reply 8
i like dating out of my race, all colours :tongue: (not so keen on green :ninja:) you get the odd white girl who doesn't give you a shot cos you're black but there's 99 others who would and we live in England :biggrin:
Reply 9
Never "dated" inside my own race.
Reply 10
im mixed race myself, so im open to all racial AND religious backgrounds. of course, i have my preferences though.
Reply 11
I'd never date a Troll. Unfortunately a lot of Gnomes are still quite racist.
Reply 12
Could I? - yes.

Would I? - well, an adventurous nomad has to explore before he finds his homeland...
I have before and I very much would again :smile:. Obviously some people won't, and you just have to accept that. But there's still plenty of people out there open-minded enough to give you a chance. Oh, and you probably shouldn't go out of your way to specifically date someone for the sake of their race, cos that's a bit weird, just find someone nice whatever race they may be :smile:
Forget the boy who said that. Obviously small minded and couldn't see your inner beauty. I'm an open person. Its the personality you fall in love with, looks are just a bonus. I'd date any race or religion providing they are who I love.
Yeah of course.

I tend to find a lot of people tend to be attracted to some races more than others (just as you mention particularly liking white guys), so you might find that more guys feel the same way as the one you mentioned in your OP. But there'll be plenty of others who don't have a preference/actively prefer black girls, so I wouldn't worry. :smile:

I think attraction to skin colour is like attraction to height, yes they are not changeable features but everybodys preference is difference!

I quite like african/meditteranean/middle eastern looks but my bf is white, blonde haired and blue eyed!!!

And seeing as i dont feel i fit into a race category, seems futile classification to me!
Yes and yes. Love is blind.
Only if she was chinese
Reply 19
Original post by Clip
Never "dated" inside my own race.

This.

And to answer OP: yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending