The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When i was 22, i was mistaken for 15 by a 14 year old. No worries though. Hopefully we'll still look young when we're old.
Reply 21
So you look a little younger, don't sweat it! And given situation she was probably over exaggerating and doing it on purpose.
Original post by darrold
bwib

We are no longer friends.

Haha just kidding dude, I never liked you :smile:
Reply 23
I'm 19, and I get mistaken for being 16 all the time. It's really frustrating!
I get told I look 17, 18, and even 23 sometimes...I'm only 15. I think that's worse to be honest.
Reply 25
Original post by Harrifer
I'm 21 but I usually get reckoned at around 18, depending on how I dress. Doesn't bother me so much now, but people have always guessed me about 2 years younger than I am, which really sucked at school.

My solution is just to dress more maturely, I've found that when I'm wearing a button shirt I get IDed less. Unless you can grow respectable facial hair (which im guessing you can't if you got mistaken for 14)
, your clothes and hair are the only part of your appearance you can majorly change.

Avoid tshirt/hoodie/jeans/trainers combo, because it looks **** anyway. Dress nicely, spend at least 30 seconds on your hair, and stand up tall when you walk.

Another thing is gaining some muscle wouldn't hurt in making you look older. I think getting a tan or at least some colour on your face helps as well. This is all positive stuff anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to try! :smile:

I agree with him OP. You need to grow a beard and moustache.

Spoiler

One time I was on the bus with some shopping bags and some kid about my age said to me "Excuse me. Are you a man?"
I was 15 at the time and I'm average height..................I have very big eyebags..............:sad:
Reply 27
Original post by Pukhtun
I agree with him OP. You need to grow a beard and moustache.

Spoiler

Trust the Pashtun to say that.:wink:
Reply 28
Original post by Mastermind007
We are no longer friends.

Haha just kidding dude, I never liked you :smile:

Feeling is mutual. GET BACK TO WORK!
Original post by darrold
Feeling is mutual. GET BACK TO WORK!

Come back here you flop, you can't just run home to mummy for mutton rolls leaving the rest of us (meaning me) stuck here :l
Reply 30
My cousin got ID'd and she's 38, and had her 5 year old daughter with her. I think the guy in the supermarket might have been trying to pick her up, though.
Now that I'm 18 I don't get told I look older than I am.
I always used to, hmph.
:erm:
Original post by Anonymous
I was talking to my moms new friend that came to my house in the middle of the day as i have left school i go to college and only have to go for a few hours a day.My mom went to make her a drink and she asked me "Why are you not at school?" I told her that i had left school and i am now at college (with a very shocked look on her face) She replied "Oh i thought you were only about 14" I personally thought this was very rude i mean i am almost an adult this is the last thing i want to be told.

Anyone else get the same thing?

Yeah dw lol. I'm 18, get told I'm 12 with a brain of a 6 year old. It's pretty true cuz I don't take life seriously but hey, what can you do? Life's a bitch.
If you're a girl, cut your hair short? I'm 19 in just over a week, with long hair I look about 14, with short 22 :s-smilie:

But once you're actually 18 it doesn't usually matter that much, apart from a bit of embarrassment, if you look younger, as you're able to prove your age if challenged, and the times you're likely to be challenged on are the things that you need to be over 18 to do :smile:
Reply 34
I had the reverse, I was 15 and someone asked me what university I was studying at.
I'm nearly 18 too, but when people meet me they think I look 12-13... I don't mind though. :biggrin:
Do you masturbate frequently?

Frequent masturbation tends to deplete the body of much needed resources (that is, the ejaculation of semen) and may divert or even temporarily delay development.

It could be the cause for your childish looks. :yes:
I get this all the time :frown:
Another negative in the "attractive to women?" column
When I was 18, I looked about 13, with the attitude of a 30 year old.

Incidentally why do people think because you look young at 20, you'll look young at 40? Who says?
Reply 39
i was told i looked 12 when i was 15, when i was 18 that i looked 15 and people are still shocked I'm 20 lol... I guess I'm used to it by now :|

Latest

Trending

Trending