The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Glad to hear you had a good time. :h:

Nothing much has happened. It's like the deep breath before the plunge, plunge being the mass of summer blockbusters.

I think the thread will probably become less active over the next month or two, as most of us are entering exam season.

Eek, exams! I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to summer blockbusters, especially being in Russia... I'm going to try and go to the cinema as much as I can during my 18 days at home during the summer though :biggrin: Orange Wednesdays ftw...
Reply 561
Source Code is getting pretty good reviews.
So it turns out that Disney is making a Miss Marple film. Seeing how much I love Agatha Christie, I was really excited about this... until I found out that they're setting it in America and the quintessential old English lady is going to be played by Jennifer Garner. Who is 38. :lolwut: Honestly, I don't even know why they're bothering to call it Miss Marple.

Anyways, I'm going to watch Whip It tonight! It looks awesome so hopefully I won't be disappointed.
Tim Burton was an animator for The Fox and The Hound and for the original Tron but he was uncredited for the latter :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 564
Original post by channy
"Beyond wrong" is quite a strong statement. I found both enjoyable to watch, but nothing more than that, like a quick ****: not memorable in any way and both ending in frustration.

Without the "Whedonite" fan base, it would've scraped through round one, if that. I believe they skew the results of polls akin to this one quite regularly.

Serenity 69 - 31 Spider Man
Serenity 68 - 32 E.T.
Serenity 57 - 43 Back to the Future
Serenity 62 - 38 Terminator

What a joke, that is beyond wrong.

Is it over now? which film won? if not, which films remain?
The new 'Wonderman' TV show shots look meh.... Didn't even know it was being made till yesterday, I think it's gonna flop like Bionic Woman did but who knows
:lurk:

Can anyone recommend a decent film?

Preferably thriller/psychological thriller :holmes:

Really bored and hence joining another thread though I'm probably underqualified to be called anyway near a film fanatic :ashamed:

But I can pretend and learn from you lot right? :awesome:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Really bored and hence joining another thread though I'm probably underqualified to be called anyway near a film fanatic :ashamed:

Shutter Island :smile:

(Inception obvs but I guess you've already seen that)

Medics are taking over the thread (Beska seems to have disappeared though). :gah: Welcome! Anybody is welcome, fanatic or newbie. :h:

We'll turn you into one. :colone:

Memento, Exam, Se7en, Shutter Island, Donnie Darko and Oldboy are the psychological thrillers that instantly spring to mind. I'd recommend checking the synopsis' out on IMDB and watching the one which sounds most appealing.
(edited 13 years ago)

hmmmmmmmm The Box, Zodiac. The Strangers

The Strangers
The Strangers

If u haven't seen it, watch that
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Shutter Island :smile:

(Inception obvs but I guess you've already seen that)

I've seen shutter island, which was epic!

It's like a sixth sense moment... but better! :yep:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Medics are taking over the thread (Beska seems to have disappeared though). :gah: Welcome! Anybody is welcome, fanatic or newbie. :h:

We'll turn you into one. :colone:

Memento, Exam, Se7en, Shutter Island, Donnie Darko and Oldboy are the psychological thrillers that instantly spring to mind. I'd recommend checking the synopsis' out on IMDB and watching the one which sounds most appealing.

Because we are like viruses :colone:
Beska was here? Wonder what other medics are hiding :ninja:

But glad to be accepted so easily.. some threads are just hard to join.. so clique-y :teehee:

I'll hold you to that :colone:

Ok so will check out Memento, Exam, Se7en and Old Boy, seen the other two. And will take a look at that synopsis too :yep:

Original post by lukejoshjedi
hmmmmmmmm The Box, Zodiac. The Strangers

The Strangers
The Strangers

If u haven't seen it, watch that

I remember seeing the adverts for The strangers and liking the look of it so will probably watch that soon, looks scary :afraid:

:colone:
Watched The Apartment last night and really liked it. Might go on a Billy Wilder binge once I'm done with this silly assignment.
Reply 573
Billy Wilder is pretty brilliant tbh. Not as stylistically distinctive as Huston, Hitchcock, etc., but his films are generally excellent.
His name is Robert Paulson
HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON

:eek:
Rule Number 3: No fighting on sundays, it's a chill day. We like to watch the Football
We all have bold usernames. :colone:
Like, why O_o
Reply 579
glitch innit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending