The Student Room Group

I have a feeling I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life

Anon or delete.
I don't want to die lonely, but the fact is I'm an ugly south asian guy, so I am gonna find no-one I feel. I'm so worried. Even at uni, nothings changed. :frown: I'm approaching 21 too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

:awesome:

Seriously now OP, being 'ugly' or south Asian is not something that means you will never form a meaningful relationship. Confidence and personality make up for these - and there are plenty of 'ugly' girls out there with the same fears anyway.
don't worry you'll get an arranged marriage:awesome:
Reply 3
for starters it's not all about looks. and no wonder you haven't found anyone with such a negative attitude
Reply 4
you got a red passport?
It'll probably be all right in all honesty - you likely will find someone.

And what would be wrong with being alone for the rest of your life anyway?

It's going to happen to me and it's going to happen to a lot of people.

There's a lot more to life than finding a partner.
Reply 6
You won't - I feel the same as you, and I'm twenty three, so give it a few more years before you give up :smile:

Besides, I think south asian men are hot, and I bet a lot of other girls do too. It might feel like the end of the world now, but you WILL find someone, and have the relationship you deserve. Don't worry.
Doubt it.
My boyfriend said the same thing.

He is South asian, but I don't think he's ugly - though he is loved for many other things other than looks.
Reply 8
Go to Asia and people will be throwing their daughters at you because of where you live...
To be honest, there's someone out there who would find you absolutely gorgeous and appealing. That's what I've recently learnt...
Reply 10
Original post by Comeheretellme
To be honest, there's someone out there who would find you absolutely gorgeous and appealing. That's what I've recently learnt...

How? And what happens if you don't find them gorgeous or appealing at all? Think this only applies to girls.
Reply 11
Technology is advancing so fast that in this day and age, you don't need a partner in life.

Nah, not true. Not for everyone.

Would it break people if I said that the idea of "soul mates" is nothing other than wishful thinking?

I'm sure the OP will find someone, just not until they liven up and decide to at least try to make things happen for them.

Sorry if this sounds harsh.
Well, um...I don't know. But I'm sure you'll meet someone who you will share mutual feelings with. I've seen some unattractive girls/boys with a very attractive partner and it has made me realise that beauty cannot really be defined universally. I think that you should just go out with any girl who is (hopefully) decent in order to boost up your confidence.

Are you an introvert or and extrovert would you say?
Reply 14
Aww OP :console:
Reply 15
Well, um...I don't know. But I'm sure you'll meet someone who you will share mutual feelings with. I've seen some unattractive girls/boys with a very attractive partner and it has made me realise that beauty cannot really be defined universally. I think that you should just go out with any girl who is (hopefully) decent in order to boost up your confidence.

Are you an introvert or and extrovert would you say?

Extreme introvert.
Original post by Alpharius
Nah, not true. Not for everyone.

Would it break people if I said that the idea of "soul mates" is nothing other than wishful thinking?

I'm sure the OP will find someone, just not until they liven up and decide to at least try to make things happen for them.

Sorry if this sounds harsh.

I guess you're right, he should try to make an effort as opposed to just deciding he is ugly and not actually trying to get a partner, because how else is supposed to know if someone doesn't find him attractive? I don't believe in soul mates I just think that people have different tastes and someone is bound to find him attractive...
Well... You're hardly in a position to prophesy into your own future.

Like someone said above, there's always somebody for someone... You've just got to be patient. Also, "ugly south asian guy"? ... Even if you aren't the best looking, it's completely irrelevant. For starters, attractiveness is subject and for desert, loving relationships aren't based on looks. If you have a good heart, then 'the girl of your dreams' will probably find you attractive...

You're 21, free and ready to mingle. Don't dwell on it too much, stress causes premature ageing, we don't want that do we?

Cheer up matey, I'm sure it'll work out ... Eventually lol! :tongue: xx
Original post by Anonymous
Extreme introvert.

Sorry if this sounds ridiculous, but have you considered counselling? Perhaps your self esteem issues need to be helped out. Or just try to get a part-time job somewhere where it requires a lot of interactions with clients or customers, maybe this will help you 'break' your shell.
OP, you're 21 - relax and go outside and talk to women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending