The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180

This is something that's been covered extensively before. Indeed, many of the disasters that have stuck Japan, natural or otherwise, have been symbolically represented in anime and manga in some form or another. Was an interesting read. :smile:

Episode 24 of Star Driver was very much like a crescendo in that the beginning was comparatively subdued, primarily focusing on character development, that gradually culminated into an epic closure that only a studio like Bones would be capable of. Visually stunning would be something of an understatement. Moreover, many of the revelations are finally coming to fruition as we veer closer to the finale and I have to say that I'm glad I've stuck with this series, despite the rather lukewarm pacing that occurred for much of the midsection. :smile:
Reply 181
what the hell is this owners league crap in star driver:mad:

it should be an ad for morning rescue:hmpf:
Awesome first post! Love the jellies! :biggrin:
started Hajime no Ippo, great first ep :biggrin: :rofl: them meanies :hmmm:

the engrish in that OP :rofl2:

the start of his first match :rofl: only 2 eps in but already really getting into it :biggrin:

i want to dive lost mind :rock: :giggle:

oh god this is hilarious :rofl:

ah its the same seiyuu who does Lee from Naruto, took me a while to figure that out :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
I finished Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka; the epic fight midway through the series was a lie. :sigh: I expected it to be a fun if slightly generic series up to that point, however it then hinted at being more than that. But none of the action after that was particularly great, and the plot seemed to waver all over the place. :s: It remained fun, but it's definitely not up there with Puella and Hourou Musuko like I said it was a month or two ago. :no:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 185
Korea Zombie Desk Car was pretty entertaining throughout, but nothing overly memorable - it was at its best when it didn't try to have a plot :p:

Also finished Kimi ni Todoke tonight - Overdosed on excessive amounts of 'D'aaaww~!' and 'Kyaaa~!' in the final two episodes, but overall this 2nd season was overly long and frustrating.
Reply 186
Watched Kowarekake no Orgel at animoo because someone brought it in and I havnt had time to get hold of new stuff ....It was lovely :puppyeyes: flower:emog:

:sad:
Original post by eugenius 8
started Hajime no Ippo, great first ep :biggrin: :rofl: them meanies :hmmm:

the engrish in that OP :rofl2:

the start of his first match :rofl: only 2 eps in but already really getting into it :biggrin:

i want to dive lost mind :rock: :giggle:

oh god this is hilarious :rofl:

ah its the same seiyuu who does Lee from Naruto, took me a while to figure that out :p:

Hajime no Ippo is great :five:

Lee:zomg: that makes it even better, I had no idea :frown:
Original post by vin
Watched Kowarekake no Orgel at animoo because someone brought it in and I havnt had time to get hold of new stuff ....It was lovely :puppyeyes: flower:emog:

:sad:

:hugs: flower :cute:

Hajime no Ippo is great :five:

Lee:zomg: that makes it even better, I had no idea :frown:

:five: i cant get that OP tune out of my head :music:

ah my bad, looked it up, wasnt him :redface: but their voices are so similar :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 188

:hugs: flower :cute:

:five: i cant get that OP tune out of my head :music:

ah my bad, looked it up, wasnt him :redface: but their voices are so similar :s-smilie:

flower :frown:

this opening is even better:coma:
Original post by vin
flower :frown:

i dont actually remember what happened in it :redface: theres also a short side story ova with flower in it :yep:

this opening is even better:coma:

niice :coma:

the shower scene :rofl:

Miyata-kun, miyata-kuuuun :rofl:

3 months already?! :lolwut: when did they say they were gona have a rematch, must have forgotten..

great rematch :coma:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 190
I'm glad both of you are enjoying Hajime no Ippo and I implore everyone else who hasn't seen the series to watch it as well. It's truly one of the best of the sport/shounen genre. :smile:

As per usual during the workweek, I haven't had an opportunity to watch much anime, but I'm intending to finish off Dragon Crisis tonight (I'm not expecting anything special from this one) and to watch the latest from Shippuden. :smile:
Reply 191
:frown: no more DBKai

:hahaha: krillion is such a fool
Reply 192
Original post by vin

Why are you active on TSR but not signed into MSN?

Edit: I also forgot that I'll probably finish off Infinite Stratos tonight as well. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 193
OMG

This gets 5 stars.
Reply 194
So, the last episode of Dragon Crisis was nothing special, but reasonably enjoyable nevertheless. Overall, the series was pretty average, bearing nothing of note. I suppose there were a few moments that were quite cool to watch throughout (specifically Onyx's overpowered onslaught near the beginning), but ultimately the wide majority of the series comprised Rose's incessant cries of "Ryuji" (courtesy of Rie, no less) amid an episodic backdrop that didn't contribute to the overarching storyline at all (which was, in itself, rather thin). The small harem that congregated around Ryuji was also pointless because it was evident that Rose was his destined one. In a way, I was beginning to feel sorry for his childhood friend Misaki whose bewailing made her one of my favourite characters, in spite of her general insignificance (says a lot about the series when a side character stands out for you). Anyway, in fear of babbling on any longer, I'll simply say that the series wasn't bad by any stretch and may appeal to those who simply want to watch a relatively short romance series that has an action/fantasy element to it. Given its length, you could probably marathon through it in a few days.
Reply 195
watched ep 10 of Fractale, this series could do with being more than 11 eps:sad:
interesting ep of Shippuuden :yep: :moon:

Original post by vin

wat?! :zomg: that was the last ep? :frown:

just checked looks like it is :frown: but i thought there was another saga :puppyeyes: :sad:

i never watched DBZ but DB Kai has been an awesome series :yep: just wished there was more and that it wouldnt just end like that :sad:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 197

interesting ep of Shippuuden :yep: :moon:

wat?! :zomg: that was the last ep? :frown:

just checked looks like it is :frown: but i thought there was another saga :puppyeyes: :sad:

i never watched DBZ but DB Kai has been an awesome series :yep: just wished there was more and that it wouldnt just end like that :sad:

there was more after in dbz but for some reason its ending here :s-smilie:
dB kai is the remaking of DBZ and since many people have watched DBZ they are not interested to watch DB kai so the channel decided to replace it with another anime. its sad it is my most favorite anime.
Reply 199
Original post by daughterofaprince
dB kai is the remaking of DBZ and since many people have watched DBZ they are not interested to watch DB kai so the channel decided to replace it with another anime. its sad it is my most favorite anime.

Actually DB Kai enjoyed quite healthy viewing figures in Japan - they're not doing the Buu Saga since it was never as popular as the other sagas & the Cell Saga is a more natural place to end.

Latest