The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mikeyd85

Get what? :confused:

The 2X
Original post by wizard710
The 2X

You've got it? Or getting it? Or think I should get it?
Oh I don't know, I though G8D was telling you to get the 2X.

But actually he gets something but we don't know what he gets.
I shall be joining the Android bandwagon when my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play arrives, when DPD pulls their finger out of course.

Been keen on the OS since it was announced just never had the money to splash out on a expensive phone till recently.
Original post by G8D
I was referring to a stupid comment on Phandroid I made and mikey vaguely corrected me.

Your link helped me understand where I went wrong.

Haha, yeah, now I know what the craic is!
http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/01/app_of_the_week_wink_o_meter/

Lol. Out of sheer curiosity I might download this! Haha! Maybe it'd be good to give to your GF to help her improve her technique! :rofl:
Also, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer looks very, very good.

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/01/asus_eee_pad/
Samsung's super phone the Galaxy S2 is apparently arriving in the UK within the next two weeks. Some sites are already listing Vodafone and Orange contracts.

It looks amazing but it's too big. Where is the SG S2 Mini?

Edit: Mobiles.co.uk (owned by CarphoneWarehouse) have it available now for next day delivery. The CW website still says April. I'm surprised it's here already!
(edited 13 years ago)

Also, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer looks very, very good.

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/01/asus_eee_pad/

I don't think I could buy anything Acer though, the build quality is nearly always bad. About every laptop I hear braking is an Acer.
Original post by silent ninja
Samsung's super phone the Galaxy S2 is apparently arriving in the UK within the next two weeks. Some sites are already listing Vodafone and Orange contracts.

Edit: Mobiles.co.uk (owned by CarphoneWarehouse) have it available now for next day delivery. The CW website still says April. I'm surprised it's here already!

Must be a mistake :p:

It's 4.3 inches right? I think that's about the biggest a phone should go, it takes getting used to. First few weeks with mine I had thumb aches and thought it was too big now I really couldn't imagine anything else. Browsing is :coma:

Anyone see the news that the Galaxy S would now be getting a 1.4ghz Snapdragon. Qualcomm seem to be the only chip manufacturers that will let you get above 1 ghz stock. Even their dual core is 1.2ghz, seems like they know their efficiencies.
*subscribes to thread* I've had an HTC Desire for several months now and have been very happy with it. Rooted and running a custom ROM (obviously), very pleased with performance and stability (even battery life is fine). :smile:
Reply 4530

I agree on the screen size, it's the only thing putting me off at the moment, but I will have a play around with one before deciding whether to buy.

According to some guy on XDA, mobiles.co.uk said they would have stock on the 18th April along with everyone else.
Original post by yoyo462001

It's 4.3 inches right? I think that's about the biggest a phone should go, it takes getting used to. First few weeks with mine I had thumb aches and thought it was too big now I really couldn't imagine anything else. Browsing is :coma:

It would bulge too much in my pockets, I wouldn't want to attract undue attention from the ladies :wink: lol But seriously, my friend has a HD2 it seems pretty awesome for browsing and media viewing but I'm not sure I can live with it on a day-to-day basis. 4" is my max and 3.7" is the sweetspot. However, recent phones seem to be getting larger screens on smaller overall dimensions so this may well change.

Anyone bought an Xperia Play or Arc? Give us your thoughts please.
(edited 13 years ago)
It would bulge too much in my pockets, I wouldn't want to attract undue attention from the ladies :wink: lol But seriously, my friend has a HD2 it seems pretty awesome for browsing and media viewing but I'm not sure I can live with it on a day-to-day basis. 4" is my max and 3.7" is the sweetspot. However, recent phones seem to be getting larger screens on smaller overall dimensions so this may well change.

Anyone bought an Xperia Play or Arc? Give us your thoughts please.

I have the Xperia Play, it's my first android phone so I'm still getting used to it and finding essential apps to install.

So far I love it, I've had a quick play of Crash Bandicoot while at the pub earlier resulting in some jealousy from one of my friends it played really smoothly as expected. The only thing that has disappointed me is that you have to as far as I see rebuy any PSOne games you have bought on the PSN to play on your PSP/PS3, though thankfully this doesn't affect me much as I only bought one game the rest of my PSOne games sat on my PS3 are ones I got from my PS+ subscription.

Size wise, compared to my old phone (HTC TyTNII) it's larger profile but slimmer, fits comfortably in my pockets although I am being weary as I haven't got a full body case for it yet so the only thing it has shared a pocket with is my bus pass. Battery life will have to have a proper test of in the future but I can imagine it will last most of the day without going over the top with the games.
I'm not planning on picking up either of the new Sony phones but I do like the design and whatnot; I like what they did with the separate controls, does it work with regular Android games?

But the Arc has an amazing design and I love the curved back. I'm probably going to be sticking with my Nexus 1 until the Galaxy S 2 comes out or something.
Original post by ExcessNeo
I have the Xperia Play, it's my first android phone so I'm still getting used to it and finding essential apps to install.

So far I love it, I've had a quick play of Crash Bandicoot while at the pub earlier resulting in some jealousy from one of my friends it played really smoothly as expected. The only thing that has disappointed me is that you have to as far as I see rebuy any PSOne games you have bought on the PSN to play on your PSP/PS3, though thankfully this doesn't affect me much as I only bought one game the rest of my PSOne games sat on my PS3 are ones I got from my PS+ subscription.

Size wise, compared to my old phone (HTC TyTNII) it's larger profile but slimmer, fits comfortably in my pockets although I am being weary as I haven't got a full body case for it yet so the only thing it has shared a pocket with is my bus pass. Battery life will have to have a proper test of in the future but I can imagine it will last most of the day without going over the top with the games.

Cool, sounds good. Hopefully Sony will sort that out so you don't have to re-purchase games. You need to download some emulators and get those good old Nintendo classics on the go.
Original post by Young Spade
I'm not planning on picking up either of the new Sony phones but I do like the design and whatnot; I like what they did with the separate controls, does it work with regular Android games?

But the Arc has an amazing design and I love the curved back. I'm probably going to be sticking with my Nexus 1 until the Galaxy S 2 comes out or something.

The seperate controls work as long as you are able to rebind the controls. That is if the game doesn't have a premade configuration for it.

So far the only non "native" application I have used that doesn't operate on simply touch (NESoid) allowed me to disable the on screen pad, the d-pad, a and b were already bound to the controller which is a good sign.
Original post by yoyo462001
Boooo to the San Francisco :mob:

The same person (presumably) has neg repped me for quoting you lol I wonder if they sleep with their's...

:h:
(edited 13 years ago)
The same person (presumably) has neg repped me for quoting you lol I wonder if they sleep with their's...

:h:

I sleep with my sanfran :ninjagirl:

But I did not neg either of you
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Original post by greeneyedgirl
I sleep with my sanfran :ninjagirl:

But I did not neg either of you

Lucky phone :fan:

Latest

Trending

Trending