The Student Room Group

Shall I presume he isnt interested and move on?

HI guys,

Firstly just to say Im not too hung up on this, but I have a tendency to be pessimistic and cynical about guys (past experience) and so jump to conclusions too quick sometimes, outside opinion is sometimes more helpful.

Had 3 dates with this guy. The last date was a week and a half ago, we went out for lunch drank a little and generally had a really good laugh.

He hasnt contacted me since then however. So I thought on wednesday I would drop him a text, just saying "Hi hows things?" and he hasnt replied.

Should I just forget about it, seeing as it was only 3 dates....I think he would have been more responsive if he was all that bothered?

Thankkkks guys x
Reply 1
Men are weird. This doesn't necessarily mean he's not interested but I personally wouldn't contact him again. If he wants to see you, he will. Simples.
Ask him. Don't base it on assumption.
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Men are weird. This doesn't necessarily mean he's not interested but I personally wouldn't contact him again. If he wants to see you, he will. Simples.

Yah I though as much...:h:
Original post by Bektas
Ask him. Don't base it on assumption.

Yeh I just dont want to be too up in his face though....3 dates isnt that much tbf.
A week and a half - no contact? Unless he's ill, on holiday or is visiting a sick family member then I'd think he doesn't want to pursue things with you. Sorry.
You've made contact; the ball's in his court. Chasing him now will only make you seem more available and less desirable.
Original post by Miss_Scarlett
Yeh I just dont want to be too up in his face though....3 dates isnt that much tbf.

Then wait it out, if he was a decent bloke he should atleast reply to your message.
Original post by TurboCretin
You've made contact; the ball's in his court. Chasing him now will only make you seem more available and less desirable.

Agreed
Ask him out on another date. Men can be wierd like that! If he doesn't respond after a few days/up to a week then I'd give up on him. It's a shame because you think it went well, but it happens :/ Do you know any of his friends? You could ask them what's up...
This reminds me of my situation :frown: Except I completely cocked it up by letting my friends persuade me into drunk texting/calling him after a week of no response. Fairly sure he thinks I'm a bunny boiler right now!

I'd say you've done all that you can - it's not like you're just waiting for him, you've done your bit and texted him first, and if he doesn't do his bit, well then let's be honest, he's simply not worth your time...

Quick Reply

Latest