The Student Room Group

April Fools joke backfired! ****!

Scroll to see replies

keep saying nothing :shh:
you sent an email? Thats it? Seriously? An email?

Standards these days are seriously slipping

an email - i ask ya.

I remember April fool pranks of stirring up an ants nest grabbing a load of them in a cup and dumping over girls - now that was an April fools prank - not that at i ever did such a thing of course
Well it's three o'clock so now is about the time to tell her

APRIL FOOL!

I don't see why impersonating a teacher to get yourself into trouble is such a problem for the school.
Reply 23
Original post by chloemo14
Did you do it from a college computer? If so, at my college at least, they might be able to track the internet activity?
Otherwise they'll never find out, just say nothing.

yeah i did it from a school computer. i think they can track it yeah. but i deleted the account so it should be cool right?
Reply 24
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
At least you should have made it say you are a good pupil.

but i am a good pupil. that wouldn't have been funny (not that this is much of an improvement)
Reply 25
Original post by silverbolt
you sent an email? Thats it? Seriously? An email?

Standards these days are seriously slipping

an email - i ask ya.

I remember April fool pranks of stirring up an ants nest grabbing a load of them in a cup and dumping over girls - now that was an April fools prank - not that at i ever did such a thing of course

EXACTLY it was just an email. surely the school's taking it way out of proportion.
Reply 26
Holy ****, your in trouble.

6 years minimum I reckon, if you plea guilty.
Reply 27
Original post by Wardylufc
Well I think you should own up to it. As you say, it was a little prank that got out of hand. If you explain that to your teacher and act really sorry for it, then the worst they could do I imagine is block you from the IT network for a week or something. If you leave it then it will be much more serious when they eventually find out it was you (they will find out you did it if the ICT department get involved).

I dunno. i'm a VERY good student. i don't usually get in trouble for ANYTHING. i'm in my last year too. and i like this teacher. she's always been really nice to me. they're gonna think it's someone in my class cos no one else would've known. there are only about twelve of us. if i say nothng they won't find out right? it'll all blow over. it's not that big a deal surely?
Surely you have to log onto the computer at school using a unique username and password etc. So all they have to do is see who used google mail or messenger or whatever that day, narrow down the usernames to who is taught by that teacher, and then they'll have you and maybe a few others, and it should be quite obvious it is you... bingo :smile:
Reply 29
april fool's on you
Reply 30
haha don't worry, it'll all blow over. it's only a text, you haven't killed anyone.. also, pretty poor banter, you could have done a better april fool than that.. next time tell her you're pregnant or something, that'll make the **** hit the fan x :wink::biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
Just come clean. If the teacher likes you then she probably won't be too angry. Just explain that it was an April's Fool joke and it's been totally blown out of proportion. They'll appreciate honesty more than finding out that it was you through trawling across the net logs.
Reply 32
Original post by ChappersBC
Surely you have to log onto the computer at school using a unique username and password etc. So all they have to do is see who used google mail or messenger or whatever that day, narrow down the usernames to who is taught by that teacher, and then they'll have you and maybe a few others, and it should be quite obvious it is you... bingo :smile:

but if my mum doesn't say what the messaging service was then surely they can't find out. she's not gonna say anything cos she doesn't want to get me in trouble. they don't know it was sent from school. they don't know what time it got sent (but obvs after my lesson and before my mum phoned up) but if my mum doesn't give any specific info they could think it came from anywhere right?
Original post by Anonymous
The first was obviously a prank and said I was a changeling child (don't ask).

I think someone needs to ask! WTF is a 'changeling child'?
Reply 34
Original post by lottie1992
haha don't worry, it'll all blow over. it's only a text, you haven't killed anyone.. also, pretty **** banter, you could have done a better april fool than that.. next time tell her you're pregnant or something, that'll make the **** hit the fan x :wink::biggrin:

actually no - she would never believe i was pregnant. i'm not the type. AT ALL. and she knows it. That's why I did this one. I'm a good student. Always have been. That's why I did it. Not too obvious, understated and concerning.
Reply 35
Original post by EssexDan86
I think someone needs to ask! WTF is a 'changeling child'?

have you ever seen changeling with angelina jolie? Don't worry.
Reply 36
Original post by Caro
Just come clean. If the teacher likes you then she probably won't be too angry. Just explain that it was an April's Fool joke and it's been totally blown out of proportion. They'll appreciate honesty more than finding out that it was you through trawling across the net logs.

but it's the easter hols in a week. surely it'll have blown over by then right? it's not like it's a big full scale problem. just an april fools. i haven't hurt anyone or stolen anything.
and an adjustable one at that
Reply 38
Original post by Anonymous
I dunno. i'm a VERY good student. i don't usually get in trouble for ANYTHING. i'm in my last year too. and i like this teacher. she's always been really nice to me. they're gonna think it's someone in my class cos no one else would've known. there are only about twelve of us. if i say nothng they won't find out right? it'll all blow over. it's not that big a deal surely?

Exactly, you're a very good student in your last year with a teacher who you get on with. And you're right it's not a big deal, it's only a prank of an email. BUT by pretending it wasn't you, you're making it into a big deal, which would do much more harm when they eventually find out it was you.

Maybe you shouldn't approach the teacher, but if you get asked if you know anything you should own up and apologise.

Have you spoken to your mum about it?
HAHAHAHAHAHHA. Nice April Fools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending