The Student Room Group

Cheap Converse?

Can anyone recommend a website to get cheap(er) converse trainers from?
Reply 1
If you buy them new, they're going to be £30 or so unless you get them in a sale. Amazon often have some decent deals on them (buying shoes off a book website feels odd, I know!) but if you buy them direct from Nike, you're going to pay more. Schuh also seem to always sell them for full price.

Have a look on eBay etc for second-hand ones - often people will buy them online, realise they're the wrong size and then resell them for less. TK Maxx also have Converse in the shoe section, I believe, which can be £15 or so.
Original post by Adelaide123
Can anyone recommend a website to get cheap(er) converse trainers from?

You mean fake converse trainers? :smile:
Go to TK Maxx, I get branded shoes(inc converse) in new condition for £10-£25.
My mom works in TK Maxx, she's checked a few times for me but says they've never had any of the Converse I'm after (Chuck Taylors high or low).

You can get them new for like £12 on ebay.. I did enquire into these and was guaranteed they're new and official (from Hong Kong), didn't trust them enough though lol..
Reply 5
On the office website, they sometimes have converse in their sales, and if you have an NUS student card then you can get a further discount on them.
buy the brandless ones and draw a star on them?

worked for my uggs...
Original post by ipulledhermione
buy the brandless ones and draw a star on them?

worked for my uggs...

I knew a guy that bought brandless ones before..

Shot himself.
Original post by cdsmith1990
My mom works in TK Maxx, she's checked a few times for me but says they've never had any of the Converse I'm after (Chuck Taylors high or low).

I've seen converse chuck taylors loads of times in tk maxx. :dontknow: maybe it depends on the store.
Original post by Sabertooth
I've seen converse chuck taylors loads of times in tk maxx. :dontknow: maybe it depends on the store.

Possibly.. I do tell her to let me know if they have any.. she said she hasn't seen any 'like mine', only the ones with the arrow on the side which I don't like..
The TK Maxx ones seem to have gone up in price loads tho! I bought some yellow hightops last year for under a tenner, and every time I've been in this year they're £27. Which is still way less than the RRP, but more than I fancy paying right now...
Reply 11
I have a friend that got me a few pairs of converse for £20. I think he said he can get any colours/size.

Quick Reply

Latest