Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2011

Scroll to see replies

My conditional for photography and film came through today...B and a C! x
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 341
So is there a difference in the responses when you apply for Postgrad or Undergrad? Because I just submitted my application for MSc International Marketing with Tourism and Event, and reading that many haven't heard anything and they have applied earlier than me, should this worry me? I mean the problem comes from the fact that I will go back home for the summer and it will be very inconvenient if, I dunno, they ask me for an interview or something. And another thing, since I am graduating just now in July, say they accept me it will be conditional, but the only condition will be to send them my undergrad diploma, right? Or can they put more than one condition?
Reply 342
Hehe. :smile: I've just firmed Napier.. Now I'm waiting September!!! :biggrin:
Conditional for English! So chuffed, they only want one B at a higher as well :biggrin: :biggrin:: D
Original post by agudger
Ahh right i have a friend that lives in Glasgow so i went to see her for the weekend after my interview, i think it's great how easy it is to get from glasgow to edinburgh, and also how cheap it is!
I loved the uni and the campus we would be based, i loved the city. I basically loved everything, i think i will cry if i dont get in hahaha
Cool i was in B group, how do you think your interview went?

Suely we should know by today or tomorrow?

http://www.napier.ac.uk/napierlife/applicants/Pages/Undergraduate.aspx

On there it says they aim to communicate with applicants by the 31st March too.

Plus it is 2 weeks tomorrow!
Reply 345
Conditional for Tourism and Entrepreneurship! :smile:
Reply 346
conditional for forensic sciences..one more to go...ecotourism...just wondering,if they make it till april:smile: i woudnt mind,i will have more time to think what to choose then...:smile:
Admissions
"Due to high volumes of numbers this year decision making has taken longer than expected, but we hope to have all decisions made by the week beginning 11th April."

That's what my girlfriend received via email a few days ago
Well it's the day of the "we'll let you know within 2 weeks" limit.
Reply 349
Original post by redsauce101
Well it's the day of the "we'll let you know within 2 weeks" limit.

It's the two week mark and stillll nothing, hoping that by about half 6 today i have found out, if not i have another weekend of worrying :frown: they have to get back either today or monday....
Original post by agudger
It's the two week mark and stillll nothing, hoping that by about half 6 today i have found out, if not i have another weekend of worrying :frown: they have to get back either today or monday....

I don't think i can wait another weekend!!! Most people in my class have found out from other universities (apart from the odd one or two) and i could cry for not knowing. The longer it goes on the less hopeful i'm feeling. This means so much to me.
Reply 351
Original post by Jessibear
Well not to put a downer on things but yeah i think so. I didn't get an invitation to any open days but I've had an interview and so have most people I've spoken to. It could be a good thing though.. It might mean you've just got an automatic unconditional. Tell me when you hear anything please?

Heard back from them yesterday, and my application was unsuccessful unfortunately! Good thing my other four choices came back positive though :P. I'll probably be heading to bournemouth or sheffield instead.. I think I saw that you got an unconditional? Congrats! xx
Reply 352
Original post by yils
Heard back from them yesterday, and my application was unsuccessful unfortunately!

what course did you apply to?
Reply 353
Original post by starmix
Unconditional for English and Film, finally!!!

Congrats! :smile: What grades did you manage to already have to get an unconditional? They've asked for BC from me this summer, little tricky! grrrr
Reply 354
Original post by Ugny
what course did you apply to?

I applied for journalism :smile:
Reply 355
uncontional for photography and film :smile: though im a but worried about the film part as ive never done any film before haha :/
unconditional for journalism :smile:, bang tidy! still waiting to hear from glagow cale and stirling..
Original post by tgh
Has anyone else applied for Festival and Event Management?

I applied for that alone and also that with Marketing, and still nothing back!

I'm a bit worried as I am meant to be re-sitting Higher English and got a Conditional offer from QMU (my second choice) to get an A in English, but stupidly I've not done any work for it! So really need an unconditional.

Hey i've applied for that too but haven't heard anything yet! I'm really worried about it but I haven't heard of anyone with an offer for the course either so at least there's still a chance!

I have a conditional for QMU but I really want to go to Napier so fingers crossed we hear soon :smile:
Reply 358
Anyone applied for business management? still waiting on a reply :frown:
Reply 359
If it all goes tits up, I'll got to Napier as that's my insurance offer.

Applied to do Marketing and Consumer Studies. They're getting quite a lot of applicants, Napier. 50% increase from last year alone.

Quick Reply

Latest