The Student Room Group

Who gets more drunk ?

on nights out, generally, which gender get the most drunk?

in my opinion, guys definetely get drunker than girls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Guys, as girls know they'd be more likely to 'do' something they'd regret. :wink:
Reply 2
Well, biolocically it's far easier for women to get drunk due to their bodies chemistry....
Reply 3
Tonight it will be me! :biggrin:
in my experience girls but only just
Reply 5
I guess guys. Or perhaps girls are just better at hiding it/want to hide it.
But then you do hear quite a few stories of girls going and doing something really stupid etc...I've also heard a lot of stories of girls I know getting their drinks spiked so I suppose quite a few of those "I got so drunk and..." stories could be explained by that?
Reply 6
Original post by T-Hill
Tonight it will be me! :biggrin:

lol same
Men
Why are there so many threads asking obvious questions about gender differences today.

It's guys, obviously. Always has been.
I don't think gender really comes into it. Some girls get hammered, some don't. Some boys get hammered, some don't.
Original post by -Liam-
Guys, as girls know they'd be more likely to 'do' something they'd regret. :wink:

ive never understood this as i know plenty of woman who can easily outdrink 90% of men in a bar and there not big either one of them is about a 5'5 with size six

she drank 15 vodka an cokes about the same amount of shots and walked home looking perfectly sober :/
Original post by sarahthegemini
I don't think gender really comes into it. Some girls get hammered, some don't. Some boys get hammered, some don't.

Yes, but boys get hammered more.

You don't even need to look at the statistics (of which there are loads), it's just common sense.
Original post by Anabolicminds
on nights out, generally, which gender get the most drunk?

in my opinion, guys definetely get drunker than girls

the thing is though i know quite a few girls that can drink guys under the table. Maybe girls just act differently drunk. I went to a party and i was drunk after not many i stopped after a while and the guy i was dancing with drank three times more than me and was not as dunk as me. i think it depends
Reply 13
I only usually go out with the girls, so I'd say girls! It's easier for us to get drunk anyways :biggrin:
Reply 14
I'd say it was pretty much even.
With my group of friends it's mainly the girls who get drunk, but the boys do get drunk sometimes... I think everyone will be slightly drunk tonight though :wink:
Original post by sarahthegemini

no **** sherlock, hate when some smartasses post comment like this, just asnwer the damn question in ur opinion/experience
Reply 17
Original post by kopite493

she drank 15 vodka an cokes about the same amount of shots and walked home looking perfectly sober :/

sorry but that can't be true.

30 shots of vodka and she was fine, really?
From experience, seems to be girls. could go either way really though.
Reply 19
I only get drunker than ladies on a night out because I drink more. But its not really fair to generalise, I mean there are a lot of mitigating factors to take into consideration on both sides you see so.....yeah!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending