The Student Room Group

8 exams within 10 days

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yep, I have 10 exams within the space of 11 days.
Three of them are 3 hours long!
The week of 20th to 24th June is gonna be brutal.
These are the exams I have:
5 in 3 days this may
Original post by ebam_uk
Lol

I am just glad it is 10 exams in 3 weeks, cambridge 2nd yr engineering is lonng... also paper 8 is a bit longer than 2 hrs .... to be pedantic

should really know this... but what on earth is even in paper 8?
Reply 23
Original post by Yosaron
These are the exams I have:

I'm guessing you like maths? :teehee:
Reply 24
Original post by Nix-j-c
But I would have thought we would go on study leave in mid to late may but no, it starts in the may half term which starts the 28th may, for two or three weeks. My last exam is the 27th May.

If your school is being ridiculous over study leave then just dont go in - this is what the majority of my sixth form did. There's no point in going in and doing silent revision in lessons when you could be at home working solidly :s-smilie:
Then again, you might still be finishing the syllabus...
I had 8 exams over 11 days in my last year of A level. With 2 exams on 2 of those days. It is manageable, just make sure you start now and you should be fine :smile:
I would of only had 3 exams, spanning through June, around a week and a bit between them. If I never had any resits! But, both my resits are in mid-may, (both AS) and the rest are in June (as stated earlier!). I can't wait for exam season to be honest! Just wanna do the exams and get the results!

Original post by Yosaron

Why is your timetable so fancy! I only have a crappy hard copy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
should really know this... but what on earth is even in paper 8?

Paper 8 is:

Business Economics + 2 options which ur gonna learn next term like aero/civil/thermo/bio/electrical/info... what ever u wanna choose, tbh its the easiest paper but because its taught so late u have like 2 weeks to just learn the stuff!
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah well i got three in two months. Now that's what u call stressful.
Reply 29
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Yeah well i got three in two months. Now that's what u call stressful.

legendary... still stressful i guess, the build up etc!
Reply 30
Original post by The Stig
That's a bitch - although that volume of exams within a short period is not at all uncommon, having them ALL before study leave is a bitch indeed.

Long, fun summer though :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Nix-j-c
I've seen on other threads that people have about 8 or even 10 ! exams! for A-levels this may/june.

But has anyone else got them this closely packed?

Plus mine are all in May, before we go on study leave!

You should ask to go on study leave earlier because of all your exams being before it starts.
Our school changed our dates really late on last year and it started after most people's exams so we all complained and we were allowed to start it earlier if we asked.
They still haven't told us this years dates:grumble: Oh the wonderful organisational skills of my school...............
Original post by ebam_uk

Original post by ebam_uk
legendary... still stressful i guess, the build up etc!

Yeah true. and also, ive just done like 3 courseworks in 10 days or so. sooooooooooooo stressed.
Reply 33
I've had 9 in 2 days. Beat that :colonhash:
10 over 7 days for me (20th to 27th June).. should be fun
I've 6 exams over 3 days, I've got it bad :frown:
Reply 36
Original post by Master.K
I'm guessing you like maths? :teehee:

Haha yep!
Should hope so anyway as I'm going studying it for 4 years in October. :biggrin:

Original post by Bektas
Why is your timetable so fancy! I only have a crappy hard copy.

That is from my colleges Student Portal, haven't got my hard copy yet because the seats haven't been confirmed.
It's basically a website where you can view attendance graphs, reports, exam timetables, results, references etc.
Reply 37
Original post by 1.2.3.
If your school is being ridiculous over study leave then just dont go in - this is what the majority of my sixth form did. There's no point in going in and doing silent revision in lessons when you could be at home working solidly :s-smilie:
Then again, you might still be finishing the syllabus...

So far none of our teachers said they will be doing lessons during study leave - i think ones for whose students will still be yet to do exams will do revision sessions but the only studying I shall be doing will the the aerodynamics and hydrodynamics of sailing dinghies. My friend warned me that doing those kinds of 'tests' may require lots of repeat 'experiments' that take many hours each and that you should only do them on nice days :P :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by Tits&Acid
Yes. I was ill through much of college, ended up teaching myself half of my a levels, and taking the majority of my modules in june, plus a couple of AEAs.

How did you do?

Someone I know in year 13 said their timetable was the same as mine except she redid biology not maths in the june and it was too much for her - she is now doing all her ASes again.
Original post by Nix-j-c
How did you do?

Someone I know in year 13 said their timetable was the same as mine except she redid biology not maths in the june and it was too much for her - she is now doing all her ASes again.

AAABa plus 2 distinctions in AEA maths and Economics. I was in the year when the A* wasn't available, but percentage wise, my A's in Maths and economics a levels were A* level (but I guess I can't necessarily say that cos the syllabus was different). Although I very narrowly missed out on that 3rd A :p: Fortunately, on the remark, I went up 10 marks, else I wouldn't be at Oxford haha
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest