The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

does anyone want storm jameson, in charles morris, like me?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1121
So...anyone here applying for Clarence Dock?
Reply 1122
Original post by srudland8
is the tannery oversubscribed?

not in previous years, you never know though
ahh i hope not!
Original post by alevels
So...anyone here applying for Clarence Dock?

i have applied for it :smile:
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
Fair play :tongue: They seem pretty lenient with swapping rooms once term's started so I can't see why they would say no before you go.

If you don't get the place you put as your preference, it's because there isn't enough space there for everyone so calling isn't really going to help. But once poeple have moved in, they sometimes make friends elsewhere and want to move there or just change their minds and decide they don't like that place after all. But I'm afraid that, before term starts, we can't really change people round. Sorry.
Original post by jmp04
Yeah thats what I thought, plus from what ive heard Tannery always has space in it so I expect ill just be in the nose bleed section of the building.

We won't have any space anywhere at the start of term and if we can't give you your preference, it's because there isn't enough space there. So calling doesn't really help, I'm afraid.
Reply 1127
Original post by accomoffice
We won't have any space anywhere at the start of term and if we can't give you your preference, it's because there isn't enough space there. So calling doesn't really help, I'm afraid.

Is there anyway of putting in a back up? Like applying to JB but willing to go to tannery if you don't get into JB and would it affect your chances of getting it?
Original post by HappyMeal
does anyone want storm jameson, in charles morris, like me?

Yep
ah devonshire hall or oxley??
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
x

Original post by Muffinz
x

I finally bit the bullet and applied for Lupton today, so I'll be seeing you guys in September! :biggrin:
Original post by James9876
I finally bit the bullet and applied for Lupton today, so I'll be seeing you guys in September! :biggrin:

Winning. :biggrin:
Reply 1132
Just incase anyone's interested I thought I'd post this here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Leeds-Accepted-20112012/172316839484745

:smile:
http://www.freshersweek.net/YourSchoolSearch.asp

this link will tell you everyone whos doing your course/ going to your accomdation. x
Reply 1135
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
Do you know that 100% for sure? :wink:

We'll see, and if I don't, at least I tried...it's only for a year after all. :tongue:

:biggrin: Good luck anyway.

I'm (genuinely) off to go get some KFC. Gravy anyone? :awesome:
Reply 1136
Hi there, can anyone recommend accomodation for someone with a very flexible income who would be able to pay that extra little bit? I would really like somewhere with a good social life that's relatively close to campus or on it but where the rooms are also suitably big and quiet for getting some serious work done.

Oh and just a question, is the union bar really good or is it better to have accomodation with its own bar?

hey 'Nicknak256' did you get to see s.j on the open day?
i did and liked it even more than when i saw it online.
i wonder who gets to use that big screen in the common room?
Original post by HappyMeal
hey 'Nicknak256' did you get to see s.j on the open day?
i did and liked it even more than when i saw it online.
i wonder who gets to use that big screen in the common room?

Heya, no i couldn't go to the open day (i don't live in the UK) but i'm glad that it's just as good as the photos! :biggrin: You made me want it even more now!
Original post by Nicknak256
Heya, no i couldn't go to the open day (i don't live in the UK) but i'm glad that it's just as good as the photos! :biggrin: You made me want it even more now!

from my personal opinion it's great!
it's so shiny and new lol.
the common area bit past the reception on the ground floor, had table tennis and pool tables and this large screen on the wall with a seating area (for movie nights - just kidding!)
the rooms itself some might find small, but with all that storage and a double-ish bed seems just fine by me!
the ensuite was really nice.
the kitchen common area had something like 4 fridges, stove, washing machines, sink, etc. tv and couches and this is catered!
bring on september! :smile: