The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone,

I hope you've seen this. As I hope you can appreciate, the Sci-Fi forum is pretty dead, except for a few times a year. We feel it's time to get rid of it. The reason I'm posting though, is to say that the users of this forum haven't been completely forgotten! We will be making sure that this thread is going to be stickied in the TV forum (and will therefore be TVs only sticky).

I felt I ought to post in case there were any worries about the future of this thread. :smile:
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Hello everyone,

I hope you've seen this. As I hope you can appreciate, the Sci-Fi forum is pretty dead, except for a few times a year. We feel it's time to get rid of it. The reason I'm posting though, is to say that the users of this forum haven't been completely forgotten! We will be making sure that this thread is going to be stickied in the TV forum (and will therefore be TVs only sticky).

I felt I ought to post in case there were any worries about the future of this thread. :smile:

.........April fool? :erm:
Not an April Fool, the Entertainments forum is changing (and has been in the planning stages of doing so for quite some time).
And now a 60 second BBC America trailer in HQ:

I am so ****ING excited for Doctor Who. This season series is going to be awesome.

**** yeah :teeth:
(edited 13 years ago)
Did anyone else enter the competition on the Dr Who site about seeing the first two episodes at the premier? I do hope they are going to tell me I've won. :wink:
I entered, but I assumed the time for winning has passed?
Original post by spacepirate-James
I am so ****ING excited for Doctor Who. This season is going to be awesome.

**** yeah :teeth:

Ugh, why do people use the American term season when BBC itself says its like series 6.

But the term is used interchangably these days,

Just goes to show how Americanised we are getting.
I genuinely get annoyed when people call it a season - It only applies to American programmes!
Original post by drbluebox
Ugh, why do people use the American term season when BBC itself says its like series 6.

But the term is used interchangably these days,

Just goes to show how Americanised we are getting.

Sorry :colondollar:

It's just because I watch a lot of American TV.
Original post by spacepirate-James
Sorry :colondollar:

It's just because I watch a lot of American TV.

Lol someone neg repped me for my comment, just shows how some pathetic people like to find any excuse to troll.

I know it wasnt you though.
Lol someone neg repped me for my comment, just shows how some pathetic people like to find any excuse to troll.

I know it wasnt you though.

Or they think you and LLoT need to learn to relax and not get upset by the tiniest and most insignificant of things.

I didn't neg you but it's just a thought.
Meh, I was negged by someone called "Mathletics".
Original post by sleekchic
Or they think you and LLoT need to learn to relax and not get upset by the tiniest and most insignificant of things.

I didn't neg you but it's just a thought.

Who said I was upset and needing to relax? It was just a basic comment made kinda jokingly.
Reply 7215
A different term than seasons would probably be beneficial but I like having different terms for an overall series and a series/season within the overall series.

It just stops any confusion when talking about tv programmes and makes it easier to reference what you are talking about.
Original post by LastLordofTime
I entered, but I assumed the time for winning has passed?

Probably has to be fair, but still I read it say evening (well in one part, another did say afternoon) so I still have a tiny winy bit of hope. :tongue:
Original post by Mess.
A different term than seasons would probably be beneficial but I like having different terms for an overall series and a series/season within the overall series.

It just stops any confusion when talking about tv programmes and makes it easier to reference what you are talking about.

The term season is so confusing to me since its pretty much shown over 2 actual seasons of a year, its more understandable in America when they have shows over an actual season of the year.
Reply 7218

The term season is so confusing to me since its pretty much shown over 2 actual seasons of a year, its more understandable in America when they have shows over an actual season of the year.

The majority of people these days seem to watch more American tv than English so it is probably why 'season' comes so easily to most.
Original post by Mess.
The majority of people these days seem to watch more American tv than English so it is probably why 'season' comes so easily to most.

I don't have a problem when people call an American programme by 'season', since America actually has a TV season. Britain however does not, so it doesn't make sense to use the moniker for British programming :smile:

Latest