The Student Room Group

Are girls visually turned on at all by guys?

I am NOT talking about celebrity guys or models. I am talking about regular guys at school, in university, on the street etc.

On this site, it appears that everyone thinks girls are not visually turned on at all, and that they don't have any primitive or natural urge to have sex, like guys do. Apparently according to people on here, girls only care about finding a partner who can provide them with financial security and a safe environment to bring up a child. They don't get turned on visually at all, so it begs the question why most guys bother to work out or play sport etc. beyond simply being healthy. Or why guys bother to dress well or get a good haircut when girls don't care about visual stuff on guys.

And the only reason why girls would care about a guy looking good is to give their children good genes.

It doesnt make sense when i see girls coming onto the fit, good looking guys in clubs, or the good looking guys with girls always around them. can someone please enlighten me?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not necessarily 'turned on', seeing as you can't see the guy's body when they're wearing clothes at school/university/in the street.

Doesn't stop me appreciating a good body though.

During sex, it does turn me on. Backs/shoulders/eyes/lips :sexface:
Nope, just notice if they look handsome etc. that's all.
Reply 3
I make girls look like they wet themselves as I walk past.

Makes tube journeys awkward though.
I do If I find a guy attractive and Im not talking attractive in the sense ' omg he's hot/fit'. Not to sound big headed but I meet a lot of guys who are fit but very rarely come across guys who I find physically attractive and I dont know why. But yes I do to answer your question.
Reply 5
sure why not man.why not.if i told you girls get turned on by tomatoes would you believe me?just wondering!
Reply 6
Sorry, not really. but we'll notice if you're ridiculously ugly/ good looking :redface:
EDIT: I just mean that guys all look the same to me tbh so I'm not bothered about looks
(edited 13 years ago)
"Clean up on aisle 4" is usually the result of women looking at me.
Reply 8
I don't get turned on by girls.

Very emotional creatures with too much baggage and not enough to offer.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ILoveOrangeJuice
I do If I find a guy attractive and Im not talking attractive in the sense ' omg he's hot/fit'. Not to sound big headed but I meet a lot of guys who are fit but very rarely come across guys who I find physically attractive and I dont know why. But yes I do to answer your question.

whats the difference between fit and physically attractive? :confused:
Original post by Dr Pressure
Apparently according to people on here, girls only care about finding a partner who can provide them with financial security and a safe environment to bring up a child

I am definitely not one of those girls.

Good looking guy is a turn on for me. :P (But his personality is more important, to be honest.)

So I have to admit I get turned on visually by guys but I am not one of those girls who care about good looking guys giving good genes.

Guys who work out and play sports are, apparently, stronger/fitter. In my opinion, at least. Therefore people associates that with being good at ..... .

I personally think it's irrilevant. But it could be a turn on. :P

But muscly is a turn off though, not like wrestlers... :P
Are you using your fleshlight whilst reading this?
I know what you mean. like some guys will get turned on if they saw a hot girl with a great ass, thighs, hips and some good tits. But this leaves you thinking what is the equivalent for girls. perhaps it's arms shoulders, height etc :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Dekota-XS
I don't get turned on by girls.

Very emotional creatures with too much baggage and not enough to offer.

You are probably gay. :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by amsie/
Sorry, not really. but we'll notice if you're ugly :redface:

what the hell? so you are saying once a guy is beyond ugly, it doesnt matter at all about his looks?
Reply 15
Yup, if they have that whole 'broad shoulder-narrow waist' swimmer thing going on then mhmm. Not always obvious under clothes though :frown: Ooh, or if they have pretty eyes or good hair.

.. I'd like to point out I'm only a little bit shallow. Personality matters most etc :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
If they are really good looking, oh yes :colone:
whats the difference between fit and physically attractive? :confused:

he has a pretty face and possible good body too, attractive to me is there has to be some spark. sorry dont know how to explain it to you.
Reply 18
what the hell? so you are saying once a guy is beyond ugly, it doesnt matter at all about his looks?

No, just saying, all guys kinda look the same to me, to stand out you'd have to be hideous but I've not seen many of them :wink: No, I don't really care about how a guy looks tbh, I like nice guys :h:
I was in the library once, sitting at this pretty full cluster of tables. Beside me was this girl who had gone by the time I'd came back from a break. My mate sat on her seat and read a note that was left on her table.

It read " He has very beautiful eyes, I bet he has a beautiful cock too ".. no joke!

There were about 10 different guys there though, WHO had the pretty eyes?!!?! :zomg:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending