The Student Room Group

Finance Question

I am planning on having a gap year, so i have deferred my entry till Sept 2012. I got all my offers and plan to accept one soon. I'm currently planning to study at Bournemouth.

My question is do i need to sort out student finance this year or can i leave it till next year? The same goes for accomodation do i need to do it after I get my results this year or can i leave it to next year?

Thanks for your help :smile:

P.S Probably should have introduced myself first
Leave student finance and accommodation until next year :smile:

You can only start applying for student finance for the year 2012/13 from march 2012 :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by joshfradley
I am planning on having a gap year, so i have deferred my entry till Sept 2012. I got all my offers and plan to accept one soon. I'm currently planning to study at Bournemouth.

My question is do i need to sort out student finance this year or can i leave it till next year? The same goes for accomodation do i need to do it after I get my results this year or can i leave it to next year?

Thanks for your help :smile:

P.S Probably should have introduced myself first

If you're not starting until Sept 2012 then you don't sort out finance until next year. The applications are only open for funding for 2011/12. Accommodation will probably be the same.
Reply 3
Ok thanks guys i was just beggining to worry whether i needed to do anything.
Reply 4
:eek:
I am in a similar situation to the person at the start of this thread.
I went to uni in 2000 for one year only and decided to take a new course in 2008.

I am now in my 3rd year but for various reasons, I will need to repeat some modules. That means an extra year of study.

I only applied for a 3 year course so does that mean that I will not be funded any further due to the fact that I have already received one year's worth before?
I would not get 5 years worth according to earlier posts because I only applied for a 3 year course in the first place?

I know I could just bloody well phone them but it's 2.30am, y'know, so any knowledge greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G
Reply 5
Original post by GAT
:eek:
I am in a similar situation to the person at the start of this thread.
I went to uni in 2000 for one year only and decided to take a new course in 2008.

I am now in my 3rd year but for various reasons, I will need to repeat some modules. That means an extra year of study.

I only applied for a 3 year course so does that mean that I will not be funded any further due to the fact that I have already received one year's worth before?
I would not get 5 years worth according to earlier posts because I only applied for a 3 year course in the first place?

I know I could just bloody well phone them but it's 2.30am, y'know, so any knowledge greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G

Entitlement = length of your course + 1 year - any years already had.

Quick Reply

Latest