The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daughterofaprince
dB kai is the remaking of DBZ and since many people have watched DBZ they are not interested to watch DB kai so the channel decided to replace it with another anime. its sad it is my most favorite anime.

Source? According to ANN's TV ratings, DB Kai has been up there with the likes of One Piece and Doraemon quite constantly. :wtf:

(I've picked a variety of weeks at random to prove my point - March 14-20 2011 - January 3-9 2011 - October 25-31 2010 - February 8-14 2010 - July 6-12 2009)
(edited 13 years ago)
i am a great fan of dragon ball story and i keep checking out the latest news about dragon ball in google hoping that akira toriyama will start writing manga again. i read something similar like its popularity was falling now that i know it feels good that the story is as popular as before.
but i dont think that buu saga was any less interesting.
Reply 202
From my understanding, DB Kai finished because Toriko is to replace its time slot. As AJ has mentioned, the ratings have always been consistently high throughout much of its airing. In any case, it's a shame that they didn't feature the entirety of Z and particularly Buu (barring Freeza, he's probably my favourite villain). I would recommend that those of you who haven't seen Z to do so, but also to watch the original DB as well. :yes:
Reply 203
I really wanted to watch this buu arc for entirely selfish reasons.:sad:
Reply 204
Just noticed the thread's been moved to the new subforum.:zomg: I will gladly conquer this place.:proud:

:evil:

Nice to see the prince back in Level E, he's such an evil bastard:giggle:

(Eww a baseball ep :pierre:) :mmm:
I suppose that'll make things easier when it comes to making new threads and everything, but what the hell is the point of the 'Societies' subforum if they're going to start moving societies here, there and everywhere? :s: They had better not be implying we're not a proper soc. :mad: Inconsistent idiots.

Meh, time to watch the final episodes of Fractale and Houro Musuko I think, to help me calm down...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 206
Original post by AngryJellyfish

I suppose that'll make things easier when it comes to making new threads and everything, but what the hell is the point of the 'Societies' subforum if they're going to start moving societies here, there and everywhere? :s: They had better not be implying we're not a proper soc. :mad: Inconsistent idiots.

Meh, time to watch the final episodes of Fractale and Houro Musuko I think, to help me calm down...

it was moved because people would be more likely to look in this sub forum for an anime thread :erm:

There are many society threads on tsr not in the actual societies subforum :yep:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by vin
it was moved because people would be more likely to look in this sub forum for an anime thread :erm:

There are many society threads on tsr not in the actual societies subforum :yep:

On the other hand, Societies is a nice, obvious main forum, and we were always near the top due to our high activity. Now we're buried in the back end of nowhere. :s: And I know there are other socs that aren't in societies, I've complained about that in the past too. :rant: They didn't move Ghibli, now did they? Probably because it doesn't say 'anime' in the title...

[Edit] Okay, at least we still show up on the main forums page if we're active. Didn't know subforums did that. But I'm still failing to see the point of 'Societies' right now, and the inconsistency will continue to annoy me.

I'm currently grabbing After War Gundam X, because I saw the first couple of episodes in my first year at Aberanime, and have put it off since then. :yes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 208

On the other hand, Societies is a nice, obvious main forum, and we were always near the top due to our high activity. Now we're buried in the back end of nowhere. :s: And I know there are other socs that aren't in societies, I've complained about that in the past too. :rant: They didn't move Ghibli, now did they? Probably because it doesn't say 'anime' in the title...

[Edit] Okay, at least we still show up on the main forums page if we're active. Didn't know subforums did that. But I'm still failing to see the point of 'Societies' right now, and the inconsistency will continue to annoy me.

I'm currently grabbing After War Gundam X, because I saw the first couple of episodes in my first year at Aberanime, and have put it off since then. :yes:

Relax if this proves a bad idea we can just request they move it back:indiff: but new posters are a rarity anyway:sadnod: If ghibli needs to be moved then it can be but thats another separately run thread. It's not like they are deliberately out to annoy you on this of all days. The mods have admitted their ignorance in this area so if no one tells them how are they supposed to know.:indiff: Give it a damn chance to see how it goes anyway before you get angry, its still on a trial run anyway.:sadnod:
Ghibli is no more seperate from the classification of anime/comics than this thread. :indiff: I won't be asking them to move it, but it'd annoy me to have both in different places.

I've told them to send Fairy Tail and the review threads over here, both of which would probably benefit if this works out. Not sure whether to bother with the old threads (Umineko etc), people would probably get warned for bumping some of them (another thing that's always confused me with regards to moderating...)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 210
Aaah new place. Is it still April fools? :awesome:

Been watching more one piece (now up to episode 41). I hate Arlong (in the good way)

I was happy to be proved wrong (spoiler for somewhere between episode 30 and 38)

Spoiler

btw AJ where is your new av from? :teeth:
Reply 211
So your issue is threads being in different places ...when this subforum is a way of keeping all these threads together:eyebrow:
Am I a member? It's bad when I don't even know isn't it :sigh:

I've only just started watching Fullmetal! It's so good! Why haven't I watched this before? Aaah!
Original post by vin
So your issue is threads being in different places ...when this subforum is a way of keeping all these threads together:eyebrow:

Societies should be a place for keeping all societies together, is what I'm getting at. Or, if they're going to put societies in relevent sub forums, at least have the sense to do it for all of them.

I've also asked for the Kuroshitsuji and FMA threads to be moved here, they've not been dead that long. But the chat thread will probably have to stay where it is (all threads together, yeah vin :rolleyes:). I might as well ask about the caption thread too, that probably won't count as spam.

Original post by whitepearlbaby
Am I a member? It's bad when I don't even know isn't it :sigh:

I've only just started watching Fullmetal! It's so good! Why haven't I watched this before? Aaah!

Yep, you're a member. :p:

I'm guessing you mean Fullmetal Alchemist, not Full Metal Panic? If so, the original or the Brotherhood remake?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 214

Societies should be a place for keeping all societies together, is what I'm getting at. Or, if they're going to put societies in relevent sub forums, at least have the sense to do it for all of them.

I've also asked for Kuroshitsuji and FMA to be moved here, but soc chat will probably have to stay where it is (all threads together, yeah vin :rolleyes:). I might as well ask about the caption thread too, that probably won't count as spam.

You're really being anal now.:indiff: Societies should be where they go yes but then if the relevant sub forum is a better place then it should go there. But thats really up to those societies to decide. If this thread proves to be in the wrong place at the end of this trial then it can be moved back and nothing will be lost. You're making it very clear that where threads go shouldnt be based on the merits of the thread but whether it has society in the title. Where those other societies would be better off is a matter for them. This main thread is really just a general anime thread so naturally it would go in the anime subforum.:indiff:

Chat should be moved of course:rolleyes: but that obviously cant happen unless you are aware of a way the posts of a single thread can not be counted.
The UK is getting dedicated anime streaming at last! :zomg: *hopes it isn't an April Fools prank*

ANN

Anime News Network and the anime distributor Kaze SAS have announced 'Anime on Demand,' a new video platform in the UK. From the press release:

Ever wanted a service where you didn't click on a file and find you were geo-filtered out? Ever felt frustrated with monthly-subscriptions and want to try a different way of doing things? How about one where you can interact face-to-face at events across the UK with the staff behind the project? All of these questions and more are what helped shape our decision to launch this platform in consensus with the whole UK industry.
Launching in April in time for the Spring simulcast season, we'll be bringing you some of the hottest titles in one convenient spot for the UK - more lineup details from Monday.

Instead of a monthly subscription price as well - alongside at least one free simulcast per season, we'll be trialling a completely new and awesome pricing system so you don't have to pay for the same content repeatedly!

Special first season pricing will be as follows:

SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER: Spring Season - early adopter's pass (April-July, including an extra month to sample the new season's anime): £9.99

Annual pass (Spring, Summer, Winter and Autumn seasons): £34.99

There'll be some extra special bonuses for Annual pass buyers to be announced along with our line-up later in March.

Expect to see us travelling the convention scene in 2011 as well - starting with Kitacon at the beginning of April! If you have a question, request or something *you* would like to see then come along and see us there.

You can also sign up at Kitacon for £10 and get a free gift with registration! All you will be asked to enter to our sign up computer at the event will be your email address, a user name and a password plus bring the season pass fee!

While we prepare the website, www.anime-on-demand.com to launch, check us out on either Twitter or Facebook at the links below.

LINKS: Website: www.anime-on-demand.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/animeondemand

Facebook: Anime on Demand

Also, Working!! is getting a second season. :yes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 216
Original post by Truered
Been watching more one piece (now up to episode 41). I hate Arlong (in the good way)

Arlong has remained one of my favourite villains from One Piece, despite the many that have proceeded him, simply because of his intolerable demeanour, especially toward a certain character. :tongue:

I was happy to be proved wrong (spoiler for somewhere between episode 30 and 38)

Spoiler

Bellemere's bravery and commitment to her adopted children was extremely admirable, absolutely. Hopefully, you're beginning to see why One Piece is so popular from this arc. It only gets better. :smile:

Maria Holic. :smile:
Sorry Tru, missed your post. :o:

Original post by Aiko

I think he was referring to the one I had up as an April Fools joke (largely belated because I overslept until 12:45, but I couldn't change it while up on campus). :p:

Original post by Truered

I'm not sure what anime it was from, I downloaded it years back from a site that had anime avatars listed under the heading 'ecchi'. :giggle:
Reply 218
Original post by Aiko
Arlong has remained one of my favourite villains from One Piece, despite the many that have proceeded him, simply because of his intolerable demeanour, especially toward a certain character. :tongue:

Bellemere's bravery and commitment to her adopted children was extremely admirable, absolutely. Hopefully, you're beginning to see why One Piece is so popular from this arc. It only gets better. :smile:

The yelling and flood of tears in one piece sometimes moves from :sad: into :teehee: territory. It also made it odd at first, as in Urusei Yatsura I got to Ryuunosuke being introduced shortly after starting OP, and I kept thinking I know this voice :mmm: At first I thought it was Romi Park for some reason, and then after going to wiki I was all "of course it isn't Ed, it's Luffy :slap: "

:mmm:

AJ had a fanservicey avatar that I guess he only had for April fools. Has changed it now (only saying so it doesn't appear I don't even recognize maria holic :awesome:
Reply 219
Regarding the thread move, admittedly I did suggest this to Phalanges in order to see whether it'll increase the society's awareness to members who are more likely to have an interest in anime by entering this forum to begin with. I for one only found the society through a link elsewhere; I didn't immediately think to check the 'Societies' forum. Hopefully, this will yield more activity. If not, as Vin-kin has mentioned, we can always move the thread back. I'm also intending to move the Ghibli Society's thread here as well for a trial run. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending