The Student Room Group

Grrr - can I get a paper application form?

The online one is useless and there seem to be fields missing. For example, on a page where I should be able to enter my household income details "at the bottom", there is nowhere to enter them at all.
Reply 1
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie
The online one is useless and there seem to be fields missing. For example, on a page where I should be able to enter my household income details "at the bottom", there is nowhere to enter them at all.

As far as I know, its your parents who provide household income details, not you.
Original post by Gemini92
As far as I know, its your parents who provide household income details, not you.

There wasn't anywhere to add them though, as far as I could find... Maybe I'm being thick, but there didn't seem to be a lot on there.
Reply 3
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie
There wasn't anywhere to add them though, as far as I could find... Maybe I'm being thick, but there didn't seem to be a lot on there.

I can't remember how to add a parent's account to yours, sorry. It's been a year since I did it. Just so you know, the form gets easier in later years of uni as there's less info to put in.

In response to your original question, you can get paper forms but I'm not sure how.
(edited 13 years ago)
When you've done all of your stuff you move on a couple of pages and it takes you to a page where your parent makes an account so they can support your application and there are loads more options for adding incomes and things.
Original post by Gemini92
In response to your original question, you can get paper forms but I'm not sure how.

It's on the website. :wink: I've linked the one I believe OP needs (new students in 2011/12), but here is where they all are.
Reply 7
Yes you can, and I did :wink:. I accidentally clicked that I wanted income-assessed support when I didn't, and there was no way to go back and change it. I phoned up Student Finance and they said there was nothing they could do, so I had to do a paper form - pretty useless really. But it's actually so much simpler on paper.

The form is here :smile:
Thanks everyone! :smile: Especially those who gave me links. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by schnapster
Yes you can, and I did :wink:. I accidentally clicked that I wanted income-assessed support when I didn't, and there was no way to go back and change it. I phoned up Student Finance and they said there was nothing they could do, so I had to do a paper form - pretty useless really. But it's actually so much simpler on paper.

I know it is of topic but you just reminded me of a query I had the other day lol Why would you not want income assessed? What is the benefit? Do you just get the basic loans if it isn't income assessed?
Original post by Smophy
I know it is of topic but you just reminded me of a query I had the other day lol Why would you not want income assessed? What is the benefit? Do you just get the basic loans if it isn't income assessed?

Oh haha, I would like to get some extra loans/grants, my parents just earn too much for me to get any more. So I would only get the basic loans even if I did try to apply for income-assessed because my parents' income is over the threshold anyway.
And yeah, not applying for income-assessed (or trying to apply but being over the threshold anyway) means I'd get the basic loan amount which is 72% of the maximum maintenance loan, so £3564. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Oh haha, I would like to get some extra loans/grants, my parents just earn too much for me to get any more. So I would only get the basic loans even if I did try to apply for income-assessed because my parents' income is over the threshold anyway.
And yeah, not applying for income-assessed (or trying to apply but being over the threshold anyway) means I'd get the basic loan amount which is 72% of the maximum maintenance loan, so £3564. :smile:

lol sorry you just confused me (admittedly it isn't hard :colondollar: ). So if your parents earn over the threshold (I believe mine do) then are you better of to apply for non income assessed? Or does it not make a difference?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Smophy
lol sorry you just confused me (admittedly it isn't hard :colondollar: ). So if your parents earn over the threshold (I believe mine do) then are you better of to apply for non income assessed? Or does it not make a difference?

That's alright :tongue:. Well if you think your parents earn over the limit then it would be easier to not apply for income assessed and just get the basic loan. You could try applying for income assessed but if your parents do earn over the threshold you're not going to get any more than the basic loan anyway (as Student Finance would assess your parents income to be too much, if that makes sense), so you'd just be wasting your time filling in all those extra parts of the application for no reason. :smile:
Reply 13
That's alright :tongue:. Well if you think your parents earn over the limit then it would be easier to not apply for income assessed and just get the basic loan. You could try applying for income assessed but if your parents do earn over the threshold you're not going to get any more than the basic loan anyway (as Student Finance would assess your parents income to be too much, if that makes sense), so you'd just be wasting your time filling in all those extra parts of the application for no reason. :smile:

Well in that case I will apply for income assessed and just keep my fingers crossed. I know that my Daddio earned less compared to the year before because of illness ( I applied last year but never started that course, didn't get any additional support then) but I also know my mummy, sorry I mean mother, worked extra shifts etc to make up for it. Will just have to wait and see.

Thank you btw :smile:
Original post by Smophy
Well in that case I will apply for income assessed and just keep my fingers crossed. I know that my Daddio earned less compared to the year before because of illness ( I applied last year but never started that course, didn't get any additional support then) but I also know my mummy, sorry I mean mother, worked extra shifts etc to make up for it. Will just have to wait and see.

Thank you btw :smile:

Cool, well good luck. Glad I could help :smile:

Hey do you have a link to the student finance forms for welsh applicants?
Original post by Aeon Prince
Hey do you have a link to the student finance forms for welsh applicants?

google is your friend
http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=616,6202328&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Yeah thanks, I did write it in google then anyways :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending