The Student Room Group

For all the people who find Chemistry A-Level easy...

Scroll to see replies

A*A*A* :smile:
I find it hard and I got A* in triple.
Its not that clear cut. GCSE chem is doss.
Reply 22
I got AAA at triple, and dropped chemistry after getting an E at AS
A*A*B with a B in physics.
I got like full marks in physics until the final exam where I got 37/100 or something and brought it down to a B.

But it doesn't reflect much. I know people who've got a D in chemistry a level after getting A*'s at gcse and others getting an A at a level after getting A at gcse.
Reply 24
Triple A*A*A*

It just takes a bit of extra work and lots of practice, then it's no harder than anything else
Reply 25
double: BB
A*A*A*A* in four GCSE sciences 1198/1200 UMS overall (lost 2 UMS in physics coursework because I was not available to do a proper copy of my draft...)

As for AS Chemistry, trying to attain high 90 UMS (my goal) is undeniably hard for anyone but relatively speaking to achieve an A, I would say that it is pretty straightforward.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by .snowflake.
When it's out of 300 it isn't!

Certificate appears to disagree with me.
Unit 1 (C1,2,3) 96/100 UMS
Unit 2 (C4,5,6) 96/100
Coursework 93/100
So only dropped 15UMS.

You need 270/300 for an A* in GCSE chemistry.

I know I only did double award (all my school offered) but I didn't drop a single mark in Chemistry... It's not really hard enough to be worth a boast.
Reply 28
Chemistry is the best A level :teeth:

I luurrvvvvv it.
Triple (Aqa)
400/400 for chemistry
400/400 for physics
388/400 for biology :frown:
I did triple and got A* A* A.
Reply 31
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Did you do triple or Double Science?
What grade did you get? (GCSE)

A* A* double award -> A*at chemistry A2 :smile:

Edit: Justs saw people bragging about unit marks and thought to myself gota get in on that 100% at GCSE 100% at alevel on written exams lost 5 marks across the 2 years in cw... Last year I got a place at kings college cambridge to study natural science. Boom.
(edited 13 years ago)
Double: BC

Now aiming for an A* at A2 :smile:

I don't think it matters on GCSE grades. It's more about motivation.
Reply 33
Original post by .snowflake.
When it's out of 300 it isn't!

Certificate appears to disagree with me.
Unit 1 (C1,2,3) 96/100 UMS
Unit 2 (C4,5,6) 96/100
Coursework 93/100
So only dropped 15UMS.

You need 270/300 for an A* in GCSE chemistry.

I got 300/300. Now can you stop trying to show off.
Reply 34
Original post by hassi94
Double, A*A* (got like 97% (dropped on Biology) first year then 100% second year if you care at all)

I think it's quite easy, takes a bit of work but there aren't any concepts that are particularly difficult. As long as you think logically and are good at maths it'll be easy :smile:

No, nobody cares.
Thanks.
Reply 35
Original post by Reminisce
A*A*A*A* in four GCSE sciences 1198/1200 UMS overall (lost 2 UMS in physics coursework because I was not available to do a proper copy of my draft...)

As for AS Chemistry, trying to attain high 90 UMS (my goal) is undeniably hard for anyone but relatively speaking to achieve an A, I would say that it is pretty straightforward.

four??
Trip A* dropped 2 in the last paper. I was so happy!! Too bad everything else sucked.
I did triple, got A*A*A. (A for biology)
A level is so much more different though. Just because of a high grade at GCSE doesn't mean you will breeze through AS. You actually have to use brain power for A level!
A*A*A*

And no one wants to hear you guys saying how you dropped 2 UMS overall or whatever. It just makes you sound arrogant.
Original post by EffKayy
four??

Our school had the usual triple science and half of the dual awards (so together, 4).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending