The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Black Lagoon would make a good opportunity for some cigarette product placement.:lolwut:
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Why are you making such a big thing about this? :confused: I always complain about everything the mods/admins do (their April Fools joke this year was pants compared to previous years), but at the end of the day I don't care all that much. :dontknow: If I did, I'd have left the site years ago. Wish they'd have let us know before THEY decided where the society was better off by moving it, but for all I know you lot would have wanted it moved anyway.

I'm ending this discussion here, reply if you want, but I'll be busy watching anime.

:nah:I wasnt, to me its you that were making a big deal about nothing for some bizarre reason. Afterall you were the one getting angry whilst I was calmly replying. :indiff: I was merely trying to help clear the situation up.:sadnod:
AngryJellyfish

Yep, you're a member. :p:

I'm guessing you mean Fullmetal Alchemist, not Full Metal Panic? If so, the original or the Brotherhood remake?

Yes yes, Fullmetal Alchemist :colondollar: I'm watching the original first, and then going on to brotherhood, watched one episode of brotherhood and then thought I should start with the original instead :h:
I've only watched 10 episodes but for some reason I thought it would be about robots and it wasn't at all, silly me (only reason why I didn't want to watch it at first) :h:
Original post by Aiko
Regarding the thread move, admittedly I did suggest this to Phalanges in order to see whether it'll increase the society's awareness to members who are more likely to have an interest in anime by entering this forum to begin with. I for one only found the society through a link elsewhere; I didn't immediately think to check the 'Societies' forum. Hopefully, this will yield more activity. If not, as Vin-kin has mentioned, we can always move the thread back. I'm also intending to move the Ghibli Society's thread here as well for a trial run. :smile:

I did wonder whether someone suggested it, should have known it would be you. :hmmm: :p: Well, we've already had one member who forgot they were a member wander in, so we'll see how it goes. If nothing else the announcements about the new subforum will provide some notice in the short term, I guess.

Original post by vin
:nah:I wasnt, to me its you that were making a big deal about nothing for some bizarre reason. Afterall you were the one getting angry whilst I was calmly replying. :indiff: I was merely trying to help clear the situation up.:sadnod:

One sentence grumbling about things as I'm prone to doing when in a bad mood, followed by "I'm going to watch Fractale instead of doing something about it" isn't me making a big deal about things. :nah: Admittedly I kept it going, and I apologize, but meh. I was bored. :giggle:

I'm currently trying to think of a series worth making a new thread about. :hmmmm2: Juno's already taken the first step with a new Hatdance thread. :yes:
Also, Amazon keeps suggesting Soul Eater to me. Worth a watch?
Reply 224

I'm currently trying to think of a series worth making a new thread about. :hmmmm2: Juno's already taken the first step with a new Hatdance thread. :yes:

Dragon ball z abridged :ninja:

Talking of that show, I now have some birthday presents sorted out (mine is almost two months away, but best to buy when the things are in stock :awesome: )

Going to be getting this and this too :teeth:

I can remember way back when I started out with manga, I decided to skip over DB as it was too long :teehee:

Might watch some more one piece tonight. I've fallen behind on current shows, but in that time watched 30 episodes of Ranma instead :awesome:
Reply 225
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Also, Amazon keeps suggesting Soul Eater to me. Worth a watch?

I enjoyed soul eater. The ending isn't amazing, but I enjoyed most of the journey. It did help that I liked the main characters. It's kind of like FMA in mixing action, drama and comedy, often in the same episode/scene at times. Also like the first FMA it diverged from the manga towards the end.
Reply 226
Admittedly I kept it going, and I apologize, but meh. I was bored. :giggle:

you took advantage of me :mad:

so tell me jelly man is the 11th horrible subs wandering son ep the same as the 10+11 released previously:hmmm:
The UK is getting dedicated anime streaming at last! :zomg: *hopes it isn't an April Fools prank*

Also, Working!! is getting a second season. :yes:

I wonder if it will be profitable enough to last.:beard: we shall see

:emo: they are at kitacon so its probably not an april fool, a load of my friends are at that event this weekend and Im not because Im too poor and have too much work to do :cry2:, the one I went to was a complete blast.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Truered
I enjoyed soul eater. The ending isn't amazing, but I enjoyed most of the journey. It did help that I liked the main characters. It's kind of like FMA in mixing action, drama and comedy, often in the same episode/scene at times. Also like the first FMA it diverged from the manga towards the end.

Ah, thank you! I'll have a go then :h:
Hey guys, hope you're enjoying your new forum. :biggrin: If you spot or know of any other threads around the site that should be moved here, please let me know by post reporting them and I'll endeavour to move them across as swiftly as I can.

Just thought I'd let you know what I intend to do about the stickies. I'm initially going to try and have four stuck threads in here (2 for anime, 2 for comics), and leave the choice of stuck threads largely up to you guys (with a bit of advice from me :p:). Aiko has shown me a preview of her beginner's guide and I think that would be a great sticky for you guys, and then as for the second what do you think? From experience I'd say that it's not too necessary to stick this chat thread, as it's active enough that it will stay near the top on it's own, so it might be a better idea to go for something a little less active (Caraniel's preview thread, perhaps?).

Let me know what you guys think, and as always comments and feedback are more than welcome. :biggrin:
I can't find subs that find the timing of Baccano :frown: Don't tell me this 9gb is worth nothing :frown:
Reply 230
Original post by Truered
The yelling and flood of tears in one piece sometimes moves from :sad: into :teehee: territory. It also made it odd at first, as in Urusei Yatsura I got to Ryuunosuke being introduced shortly after starting OP, and I kept thinking I know this voice :mmm: At first I thought it was Romi Park for some reason, and then after going to wiki I was all "of course it isn't Ed, it's Luffy :slap: "

:mmm:

Yeah, One Piece's uncanny ability to transition, almost seamlessly, from one mood swing to the next is definitely part of its charm. :smile:

And yeah, Tanaka is a veteran seiyuu, probably most known for Luffy now, but she's done her fair share, for sure. :smile:

AJ had a fanservicey avatar that I guess he only had for April fools. Has changed it now (only saying so it doesn't appear I don't even recognize maria holic :awesome:

Ah. :tongue:

I think he was referring to the one I had up as an April Fools joke (largely belated because I overslept until 12:45, but I couldn't change it while up on campus). :p:

I see, I must have missed it. :redface:

I did wonder whether someone suggested it, should have known it would be you. :hmmm: :p: Well, we've already had one member who forgot they were a member wander in, so we'll see how it goes. If nothing else the announcements about the new subforum will provide some notice in the short term, I guess.

To be honest, it was more of a suggestion than a request, and that aside, I assumed they would have consulted you first before actioning the move, seeing as you're the leader of the society. That said, there's a chance that it wasn't even Phalanges and another moderator altogether since he hasn't responded to my latest message that suggested this.

Anyway, on a side note, I'm intending to post the guide first thing tomorrow. :smile:
Reply 231
Original post by Phalanges
Hey guys, hope you're enjoying your new forum. :biggrin: If you spot or know of any other threads around the site that should be moved here, please let me know by post reporting them and I'll endeavour to move them across as swiftly as I can.

Just thought I'd let you know what I intend to do about the stickies. I'm initially going to try and have four stuck threads in here (2 for anime, 2 for comics), and leave the choice of stuck threads largely up to you guys (with a bit of advice from me :p:). Aiko has shown me a preview of her beginner's guide and I think that would be a great sticky for you guys, and then as for the second what do you think? From experience I'd say that it's not too necessary to stick this chat thread, as it's active enough that it will stay near the top on it's own, so it might be a better idea to go for something a little less active (Caraniel's preview thread, perhaps?).

Let me know what you guys think, and as always comments and feedback are more than welcome. :biggrin:

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm intending to create the thread for the guide tomorrow. I'll be assured to inform you when it's created. As for the second sticky, having Cara's preview thread(s) is definitely an option worth considering. :smile:
Reply 232

well my first thought would have been to have this thread as a sticky(It's not a chat thread but a general anime discussion thread actually.:unimpressed:) But since the new season is upon us stickying cara's preview thread is a good idea :yes:
I wanna watch FMA (season 2) can't find any decent torrent downloads though... a good site to watch it all online would be nice

Or I guess I should just get it on DVD if possible
Societies should be a place for keeping all societies together, is what I'm getting at. Or, if they're going to put societies in relevent sub forums, at least have the sense to do it for all of them.

I've also asked for the Kuroshitsuji and FMA threads to be moved here, they've not been dead that long. But the chat thread will probably have to stay where it is (all threads together, yeah vin :rolleyes:). I might as well ask about the caption thread too, that probably won't count as spam.

Certainly nobody intended to move the thread here to upset any of you, I thought you would have wanted a society to be in the relevant forum. I have to admit I've never quite understood the point of the societies forum, all of the societies I've been a member of have been in the forums for those activities (either football or film).
Reply 235
Just embarked upon watching Ah, My Goddess, up to episode 13, but its a dubbed version (I've only watched subbed up till now) and the voice of Skuld is so annoying. I hope that the vocal role that she currently has gets cut back, I just can't take it for much longer!
Reply 236
Can someone recommend me an anime that has a good story and action ? Iv seen all the standard ones One piece, bleach Naruto FMA , FMJ, Hellsing etc. Im so bored at the moment length does not matter :smile:
Reply 237
Original post by G550NDH
Can someone recommend me an anime that has a good story and action ? Iv seen all the standard ones One piece, bleach Naruto FMA , FMJ, Hellsing etc. Im so bored at the moment length does not matter :smile:

Aha, where to begin... Offhand:

Gurren Lagann
Gantz
Casshern Sins
Gungrave
Blue Gender
Blood+
Scrapped Princess
D.Gray-man
Darker than Black
Hunter x Hunter
Kurozuka
Macross Frontier
Nabari no Ou
Soul Eater
Eureka Seven
Claymore

A bit of a mixed bag there, but all of which I'd reccommend, so hopefully you'll find something that interests you. :smile:

I, for one, think Cara's seasonal preview threads would make a great sticky post. As long as they get changed over every season, that is.
Reply 239
Original post by LastLordofTime
I, for one, think Cara's seasonal preview threads would make a great sticky post. As long as they get changed over every season, that is.

Yup, that would make sense. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending