The Student Room Group

How do I talk to this girl who is "in" my lectures?

There is this girl in my lecture's who I've seen and I kind of like her - I do think she's quite pretty. The only problem is that she either turns up bang on at 9am (or whatever time our lecture starts), or a few minutes late, when I'm already sitting down. This doesn't give me any time to talk to her before the lecture, and I can't really talk to her during the lecture (assuming I'm slightly late and I sit next to her - although this hasn't happened yet). After the lecture, she packs her stuff away and walks away and I never see her until the next lecture. I have also never seen her on nights out. Whenever I have been late, as I'm walking in slightly late, sitting next to her is not my priority as I tend to sit in the first empty seat, nearest to the door so everyone doesn't stare at me.

Also, last night I went to a bar and I saw her there, and I noticed she saw me and I think I saw her say something to her friend and point at me (or in my direction) because her friend had her back to me and when she pointed, she friend turned around and looked in my direction. One of my friends told me to go and talk to her but I wussed out as she had 2 of her friends with her all the time and I never know what to say to girls when I go and talk to them. Missing that golden opportunity basically made me more determined to talk to her but I need to build my confidence and get the timing right (I think).

How can I talk to this girl and make friends with her? Also, I've seen that she sits on her own and it's probably harder for her to make friends now as we are in our second semester and most friendship groups have already formed.

Thanks for any help :smile:

Scroll to see replies

try

'Hello'
Reply 2
"Hey, is it alright if I sit next to you?" That's your in then wham conversation, flirting and eventually the squelchy
Reply 3
"I never get any action, want to get the ball rolling? :wink:"

Ashamedly I tried that once...
Reply 4
Talk to her by opening your mouth and producing your voice.
Reply 5
Sit next to her and when she's not expecting it, quickly rub your penis against her thighs. It should work.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Veldrin
"Hey, is it alright if I sit next to you?" That's your in then wham conversation, flirting and eventually the squelchy

Yeah but she always arrives at like 9 on the dot (or whatever time our lecture starts) or slightly late and by this time, I've already sat down with my friends in our little group.
Reply 7
just act really really nice and be funny :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
"So, what are your views on Einstein's theory of Relativity?"

"Erm...we study Pyschology."

"I know, but still..."

"What's it even about?"

"I don't know exactly. Uniform motion...You certainly give motion a whole new definition when it comes to my downstairs :sexface:"
Reply 11
Original post by claret_n_blue
Yeah but she always arrives at like 9 on the dot (or whatever time our lecture starts) or slightly late and by this time, I've already sat down with my friends in our little group.

If she sits on her own like you said then you can just quickly move to sit next to her regardless of when she turns up, explain to your mates the situation, then you can introduce yourself, it might show her you've made some effort. Failing what I just said you could just hang around outside when its over and just go up to her and if she goes off first then just catch up with her and make a move or wait for another chance encounter at a bar or whatever.
(edited 13 years ago)
Stare rigidly in her direction until she looks at you, then stare into her eyes and don't break eye contact. That outa give her the message.
you: Hi
girl: hey
you: smile
girl: smiles
you: can i **** you:
girl: yeah sure...what time>
you: ahh she is a whore!
girl: time is running out
you: ok...just for one night.
girl: **** off u dickhead!! i saw u on tsr...u want me...dont u??
you: come back to tsr..make another of these stupid threads... and hallelujah.
Reply 14
If she's bang on time, try arriving bang on time? or at the end of the lecture, just go quickly to catch her up. If you want this enough, make it happen. As a girl, a guy being confident is really important to me, and I'm sure she'll be pleased if you make the effort to talk to her. If you don't see her in the lecture, and see her in a bar, go up and say "Hi, I think I recognise you from one of my lectures - you do -insert name of course- don't you?"
Then when she replies, talk about the course, your opinions, ask where she lives, where she comes from, anything that comes to mind. Hopefully she'll come up with some topics too :smile: good luck :smile:
Reply 15
"hey baby, I wanna get inside YOUR lecture, if you know catch my drift...."
Original post by Lizzzle
"hey baby, I wanna get inside YOUR lecture, if you know catch my drift...."

Can I be inside yours? :puppyeyes:
Reply 17
Original post by davidmarsh01
"I never get any action, want to get the ball rolling? :wink:"

Ashamedly I tried that once...

:eek: that actually worked? :teehee:
just stroke her one day. it'll get her fluids going, you get me?
Original post by Veldrin
If she sits on her own like you said then you can just quickly move to sit next to her regardless of when she turns up, explain to your mates the situation, then you can introduce yourself, it might show you you've made some effort. Failing what I just said you could just hang around outside when its over and just go up to her and if she goes off first then just catch up with her and make a move or wait for another chance encounter at a bar or whatever.

THIS.

Quick Reply