The Student Room Group

Shouted at by lecturer

Have you ever been shouted at by your lecturer and how did you take it? It happened to me and I just packed my things and said Is it ok if I leave and then left, I wasn't going to just sit there and take the ****. It really peed me off, I was only reading a newspaper in the seminar and not listening cos I already knew what the lecturer was on about. Just before I left the lecturer said I'm sorry if I offended you :mad:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So you were being ignorant, he shouted at you and said sorry. The problem is..?
Reply 2
Say he touched you in your special place.
Reply 3
Dont disrespect your lecturer by reading a newspaper in their ****ing class.
Well of course your lecturer was annoyed, you were incredibly rude! Why did you even bother turning up? And isn't that a bit arrogant of you to assume that you're not going to learn anything new at all?
:troll:
Reply 6
:yes: been shouted during lab with international students gathering around to see my humilation, all for obtaining wrong results repeatedly.

This is at uni btw.

I blagged my way out of it.

Funny times :yy:
Original post by *mk92*
Have you ever been shouted at by your lecturer and how did you take it? It happened to me and I just packed my things and said Is it ok if I leave and then left, I wasn't going to just sit there and take the s***. It really peed me off, I was only reading a newspaper in the seminar and not listening cos I already knew what the lecturer was on about. Just before I left the lecturer said I'm sorry if I offended you :mad:

If you're not going to turn up and listen/participate, then why go?

It's disrespectful.
If you were going to read a newspaper in the lecture / whatever it was, why the hell did you turn up? It's just undermining the lecturer, it's like saying you're better than him/her...

of course he/she'd get pissed!
Wow, how rude are you?! And very immature, you should have just apologised and put it away, rather than having a strop.
Reply 10
Should have read your newspaper elsewhere then..
Well, what newspaper were you reading?

Could definitely understand the lecturer getting pissed if you were looking at page 3 girls in The Sun. Or just The Sun in general.. *shudder*
Reply 12
Original post by staring.space
Well, what newspaper were you reading?

Could definitely understand the lecturer getting pissed if you were looking at page 3 girls in The Sun. Or just The Sun in general.. *shudder*

No it wasn't page 3 The Sun.
Reply 13
I already knew what she was on about I don't usually lose interest that quickly but I did. Anyways I just wanted to get it off my chest.
I haven't been yelled at in person but had two pretty explosive email fights with my tutor, during which he called me lots of names. It was pretty ugly tbh but both times he ended up having to back down :biggrin:
Reply 15
You go to lectures to learn, show some respect. You are completely in the wrong here and it should be you who is apologising.
What a moron (the OP).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I haven't been yelled at in person but had two pretty explosive email fights with my tutor, during which he called me lots of names. It was pretty ugly tbh but both times he ended up having to back down :biggrin:

Really, my lecturer just went sorry i offended you, what's the point in saying that she clearly already did :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

because of/about what? intriguing...
Original post by *mk92*
Really, my lecturer just went sorry i offended you, what's the point in saying that she clearly already did :smile:

Well in your case, it sounds like you were in the wrong. If you already knew what she was on about, then why didn't you just not go to the lecture? Or do something far more subtle?

If I got bored in lectures or couldn't concentrate, I'd just doodle or play hangman. It still looked like I was writing notes :yes:

In my case, my tutor had to back down because it was about more serious stuff than your case and people senior to him got involved and made him back down. Plus he's got a rep anyway :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending