The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by magicalelf
Just realised that I put I've not seen durham, I have, daft typo haha.
Yeah its definitely important to see it, ooh thats true, but would you be able to visit specific departments/colleges on a campus tour?

According to the website, you should be able to book tours for whatever college or campus you want, if you email them plenty of time in advance.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 4761
does anyone know how the durham/newcastle music scene fares?? thanks
Original post by Annonymous_47
Has anyone heard of Durham giving offers after the March open days? My status on AES changed to 'app sent to college, see UCAS for further details' about 4 weeks ago but I still haven't heard anything. Starting to think they just forgot about me hah...

There are some offers still being made and some college allocations to be made resulting from that. There aren't that many but the University doesn't give up on applications just because they haven't managed to make a decision in time for the open days.
Original post by vms
does anyone know how the durham/newcastle music scene fares?? thanks

Depends on what kind of music you're into. Newcastle is pretty good for everything though I think. Durham not so much. Like I said, depends on your taste.
I went to Cuth's and it was really good, everyone was so friendly- at first it was a tad awkward, because I arrived late with another girl and everyone else had already formed little groups at the bar, but we just kinda dived in and started chatting to other people and then it was fine. :smile: Also, the party was so much fun, I loved meeting (and dancing with) everyone!
If you have a cartoony face on your shirt with Stacy signed next to it, that was me :P Or anything about losing the game (sorry).

Original post by Meena373
(Oh, and btw, if any of you were at Cuths on the 22nd-23rd and have 'Meena Qureshi owns this' or something to that effect on your shirt, feel free to send me a messege or fb me...)

I have "Meena owns this VERTICALLY" on mine! Aha :smile:
Reply 4765
Original post by Get Famous
Depends on what kind of music you're into. Newcastle is pretty good for everything though I think. Durham not so much. Like I said, depends on your taste.

indie/rock/synth stuff, thanks!
Just firmed Durham! :biggrin:
:woo::woo:
Original post by pianofluteftw

Original post by pianofluteftw
Just firmed Durham! :biggrin:
:woo::woo:

Me too!!!
Original post by KayteeKaytee
Me too!!!

:smile: See you in October! (Well I hope so!!!!) :wink:
Original post by astro67
There are some offers still being made and some college allocations to be made resulting from that. There aren't that many but the University doesn't give up on applications just because they haven't managed to make a decision in time for the open days.

Ahh thanks for that - they have replied now though anyway, thankfully!
Reply 4770
Original post by steffanie
I was there on the 21st/22nd as well :smile: Which subject?
Noope I still haven't decided!
I was a little apprehensive after some of the things I'd heard about it, but I thought it was amazing! So much Butler love :biggrin:

I'm doing English, how about you?
Reply 4771
Original post by Stacemeister

If you have a cartoony face on your shirt with Stacy signed next to it, that was me :P Or anything about losing the game (sorry).

Ahhh I love your little cartoon face, its so cute! :biggrin: xx

And I just firmed too- yay!!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4772
Firmed Durham, for law at St John's College. Feels good...
Reply 4773
Just firmed Durham!!! So excited.
Just firmed :smile:
Original post by vms
indie/rock/synth stuff, thanks!

Well there used to be Revolver which was quite good for all sorts of alternative stuff but that died this year...Out of the main clubs, Studio tends to play some indie occasionally but you'd probably have to look into smaller places like Fishtank doing specific nights. You just have to be on the look out for special events really..
Reply 4776
firmed durham, nat sci at st cuths!! so freaking excited :biggrin:
Reply 4777
anyone here called Ollie went to the St John's open day on the 23rd March? (stayed overnight 22nd)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4778
Original post by e.lau16
anyone here went to the St John's open day on the 23rd March? (stayed overnight 22nd)

I did!
Reply 4779
we should all probably get off here so we can revise and actually get the grades to go!! getting an offer is not enough :smile:

Latest