The Student Room Group

BMI/ dress size please girlies

Scroll to see replies

5 foot 5, 6/8, BMI 16.7
I'm 5ft4, dress size 6-8, my BMI currently is 16.3 as I'm recovering from a bad illness but usually it's around 18. I'm trying to get my weight up to 47kg, anything below that and you can have serious health problems :s-smilie:
Original post by hellobonjour
5 foot 5, 6/8, BMI 16.7

LOL, I'm not the only one then :smile:
Original post by Saluki-Sake
LOL, I'm not the only one then :smile:

Aha no, not just you, I just don't seem to ever put on weight. I eat like a monster as well. I just want more definition, but have no idea what is good to get more!
Reply 104
Original post by Anonymous
I have a BMI of about 29. I'm a size 16- 18 and want to be about a 14 (possibly lower but don't think that's gonna happen lol).

I was wondering what my BMI would have to be for me to be that size, so thought I would ask you guys for a little comparison. I know everyone is different but it could be interesting.

Here's a good BMI calculator: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_calculator/bmi.shtml

So all I really want to know is your BMI and UK dress size.

BMI 24.6 (losing weight atm so hopefully this should go down! :biggrin:)
Dress Size 10/12 depending which shops and which type of clothes. Tops + dresses + skirts = generally a 10, trousers and shorts= 10/12 depending.
Height: 5,6
My BMI (according to the link you posted) is 19.0.
Usually, I'm a size 8 but sometimes a size 6 :smile:

I'm petite! :biggrin:
This probably sounds like some pervy attempt to find out the bra size of the girls of TSR.

I'm sure I heard on one of channel 4's random weight loss related shows that bra size was a very significant factor to take into account when you work out if a girls BMI is healthy ?

Also I'm pretty sure that it's relevant to the dress size as well.
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman

I'm sure I heard on one of channel 4's random weight loss related shows that bra size was a very significant factor to take into account when you work out if a girls BMI is healthy ?

I've often wondered this. A petite, slim girl with F cups might have a higher BMI than a similarly-built girl with A cups.. even though they're both fit and healthy..
Original post by Fjarskafinn
I've often wondered this. A petite, slim girl with F cups might have a higher BMI than a similarly-built girl with A cups.. even though they're both fit and healthy..

Slim girl with big boobs, i.e. 28GG compared to slim girl with small boobs, i.e. 28AA would probs be the difference of about 1/2 stone.
5ft2, 8 stone....so that's BMI of 20-21 (I think).

Dress size: 6/8 on top, 8/10 on the bottom.
Height: 5'4

BMI: 18.3

Size: 6 :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by StressReliever
5ft2, 8 stone....so that's BMI of 20-21 (I think).

Dress size: 6/8 on top, 8/10 on the bottom.

This, BMI doesn't account for how heavy our boobs are.
BMI 22-23ish and dress size 10
BMI: 20.5

Dress Size: 14 on top, 10 on waist. It does depend which shop I am in though!

Hope this helps!
(edited 13 years ago)
BMI = 17.7
Height = 5 foot 3
Dress size = Anywhere between a 6 and a 10 depending on the shop but normally an 8 :smile:
Dress size = 6/8 depending on shop
BMI = 16.2
BMI: ~21.5
Dress size: 12.
My dress size seems larger than everyone else with my BMI :s-smilie:. Ah well. Maybe I just have a weird build. Actually that probably is true, considering how out of proportion my body is...
Original post by razzmatazz rach
Mine is 24 (high end of normal)
I am dress size 12 - 14. Usually 12 in tops, 14 in jeans and 12 or 14 in dresses depending on the style.

Lol negged...

Probably because by TSR's standard I am fat :tongue:
according to that converter my BMI is 20.2 and I range from size 6-12, so I don't think aiming for a certain dress size is the best idea as it's so relative between shops.
5 feet 2 or 3 inches BMI is about 18.83
B:34B
W: 25
H:34/35
tops sizes about size 2/4
bottom sizes 2/4
These are American sizes.
Sizes 4/6/ in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest