The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Original post by James9876
I finally bit the bullet and applied for Lupton today, so I'll be seeing you guys in September! :biggrin:

I am SO glad to see someone else's applied for lupton! All I've been seeing mentioned here've been the other halls! Glad I won't be all on my own haha.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by livelove
I am SO glad to see someone else's applied for lupton! All I've been seeing mentioned here've been the other halls! Glad I won't be all on my own haha.

I've heard such good things about Lupton, and when I was in the show flat I got a really good feeling about the place. Plus, £1500 extra spending money throughout the year compared to my other choice (James Baillie), and I'm really not fussed about sharing a bedroom. Wins all round! :smile:

What are you studying?
Original post by HappyMeal
from my personal opinion it's great!
it's so shiny and new lol.
the common area bit past the reception on the ground floor, had table tennis and pool tables and this large screen on the wall with a seating area (for movie nights - just kidding!)
the rooms itself some might find small, but with all that storage and a double-ish bed seems just fine by me!
the ensuite was really nice.
the kitchen common area had something like 4 fridges, stove, washing machines, sink, etc. tv and couches and this is catered!
bring on september! :smile:

Thanks a lot, it sounds perfect! Can't wait! :biggrin:
Reply 1143
I've heard such good things about Lupton, and when I was in the show flat I got a really good feeling about the place. Plus, £1500 extra spending money throughout the year compared to my other choice (James Baillie), and I'm really not fussed about sharing a bedroom. Wins all round! :smile:

What are you studying?

Ah cool, I stayed there with my friend a few months ago and liked it and so I figured that'd be my best bet. Good location and cheap has to be a winner lol. Didn't think they had any shared bedrooms at lupton though?
Going to study french and spanish :smile:, you?
Ah cool, I stayed there with my friend a few months ago and liked it and so I figured that'd be my best bet. Good location and cheap has to be a winner lol. Didn't think they had any shared bedrooms at lupton though?
Going to study french and spanish :smile:, you?

Woops: definitely meant shared bathroom haha! I would definitely object to sharing a bedroom.

I'm studying English Lit.
Reply 1145

That's for med students :colonhash:
Original post by Cally M
Hi there, can anyone recommend accomodation for someone with a very flexible income who would be able to pay that extra little bit? I would really like somewhere with a good social life that's relatively close to campus or on it but where the rooms are also suitably big and quiet for getting some serious work done.

Oh and just a question, is the union bar really good or is it better to have accomodation with its own bar?

Union has 3 bars/.
The bar in clarence dock's pretty nice too, better tha n the picture
Reply 1146
Woops: definitely meant shared bathroom haha! I would definitely object to sharing a bedroom.

I'm studying English Lit.

Haha easy mistake to make lol! Ah cool :smile: well I think lupton's less likely to be oversubscribed so we should get it, in which case I guess I may see you in september!
Reply 1147

What are you studying?

Lupton for me too! It was a lot better than I expected it to be, and the area looks good. The extra money will be handy too :smile: I'm studying psychology, what are you two studying?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1148
Original post by Blink.
Lupton for me too! It was a lot better than I expected it to be, and the area looks good. The extra money will be handy too :smile: I'm studying psychology, what are you two studying?

Wheey glad there's another future luptoner :smile:! I think they have a pretty good atmosphere there too. French and spanish :smile:
Wheey glad there's another future luptoner :smile:! I think they have a pretty good atmosphere there too. French and spanish :smile:

THeres loads of luptoners on you go :smile: x
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
I really want to find some people applying to Henry price! :biggrin: Where are you all!!?!?!

I applied to henry price :biggrin:!
I kept dithering back and forth between HP, JBP and leodis, but I bit the bullet and choose HP, I think your overly excited posts a few days back helped swing the vote in HP favour lol, but also I realised that I really wanna be on campus for my first year, I can always migrate towards Headingly in my second and third year, but for my first year on campus is where its at :smile:
Reply 1151
Original post by Nicola.Garner
THeres loads of luptoners on you go :smile: x

Oh cool :smile: just joined it so glad to hear lol

Original post by dmz
That's for med students :colonhash:

Union has 3 bars/.
The bar in clarence dock's pretty nice too, better tha n the picture

ahh my bad :smile:
Reply 1153
who's down for tannery?
Reply 1154