The Student Room Group

When they say

When medical schools say that they accept modular resits withing the two years of a-level study do they mean that they accept them but you would be slightly diadvantaged or it makes no difference whatsoever? Can they even see that you've done modular resits?

Also on the BSMS entry requirements page they say modest GCSEs can be balanced by good A/As levels, surely by this they mean AAA predictions/results however isn't this the standard for every medical applicant so I'm slightly unsure as to what BSMS mean by "good A/As levels".

Further what would be considered modest GCSEs by medical standards?
Reply 1
ll
Reply 2
It makes no difference to Universities if you do resits, they just want you to get the entry requirements (typically AAA) within the two years (apart from Cambridge I think, they might want you to add your modular results).

BSMS simply put more emphasis on the A level and AS results/predictions than GCSE's I guess? Good AS levels would be AAAA.

My GCSE's were 2A*s 7A's and 2B's. I'd say they were pretty modest, not terrible, but not 'good' compared to many medicine applicants. . .
Reply 3
Original post by Tetanus
It makes no difference to Universities if you do resits, they just want you to get the entry requirements (typically AAA) within the two years (apart from Cambridge I think, they might want you to add your modular results).

I remember hearing that UCL don't take people who have taken any resits at all, even if it's just a module resit within the 2 years.

Something like that anyway, it's irrelevant to me since it's been such a long time since I did A-Levels.
Reply 4
Original post by Tabris
I remember hearing that UCL don't take people who have taken any resits at all, even if it's just a module resit within the 2 years.

Something like that anyway, it's irrelevant to me since it's been such a long time since I did A-Levels.

How can UCL check that you have done resits?
Reply 5
Original post by arunadindane

Original post by arunadindane
How can UCL check that you have done resits?

Not a clue.

It's just what I've heard. Like I said, it's irrelevant to me. So if you're curious, google it. It's probably just something that they recommend, not enforce, but w/e.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending