The Student Room Group

AS English Lit- AQA- Dont know how to start :(

Im doing an exam question, but I dont even know how to start.
a)'Write about the ways Rossetti tells the story in lines 81-183 of 'Goblin Market'
b)How do you respond to the view that the males in Rossetti's poems are always villains?

Part b I have an idea what to include for, however I have no idea what to talk about in part a, any help?

what does it mean to write about the way they tell the story? tone?

Would appreciate any help.
Original post by polarbear22
Im doing an exam question, but I dont even know how to start.
a)'Write about the ways Rossetti tells the story in lines 81-183 of 'Goblin Market'
b)How do you respond to the view that the males in Rossetti's poems are always villains?

Part b I have an idea what to include for, however I have no idea what to talk about in part a, any help?

what does it mean to write about the way they tell the story? tone?

Would appreciate any help.

I guess you're doing the Lit B spec, I did this last year and had to write on Rossetti, Hardy, The Kite Runner and The Great Gatsby if you need anymore help!

Anyway, I haven't got my poetry anthology anymore and I hate Goblin Market so this won't be specific but...

The A part is all about AO2 - form structure language things, so you need to write about all the different poetic devices the poet uses, talk about the tone, structure and mention and explain why they use similies, metephors and things like that. Give a general summary of the poem and a little bit of context about it (but this is more for the b question so don't worry too much) and then conclude by saying that they do all this to make the poem effective...

I know you said you are ok on part B, but just remember its the essay that needs an argument in it, if you get stuck compare three poems and structure it Yes, No, Maybe before concluding, and make sure you get some context in there (Rossetti never married, she turned down a few marrige proposals would be good for the question!)

Hope that helped a bit!
Reply 2
Original post by shootforstars
I guess you're doing the Lit B spec, I did this last year and had to write on Rossetti, Hardy, The Kite Runner and The Great Gatsby if you need anymore help!

Anyway, I haven't got my poetry anthology anymore and I hate Goblin Market so this won't be specific but...

The A part is all about AO2 - form structure language things, so you need to write about all the different poetic devices the poet uses, talk about the tone, structure and mention and explain why they use similies, metephors and things like that. Give a general summary of the poem and a little bit of context about it (but this is more for the b question so don't worry too much) and then conclude by saying that they do all this to make the poem effective...

I know you said you are ok on part B, but just remember its the essay that needs an argument in it, if you get stuck compare three poems and structure it Yes, No, Maybe before concluding, and make sure you get some context in there (Rossetti never married, she turned down a few marrige proposals would be good for the question!)

Hope that helped a bit!

Do you have any notes on the great gatsby that you can perhaps upload on here? I am struggling so much on it!
What did you get in english lit btw
Original post by EffKayy
Do you have any notes on the great gatsby that you can perhaps upload on here? I am struggling so much on it!
What did you get in english lit btw

What kind of notes are you after, I'm resitting it this summer so I'm about to get my notes down!
Well I got a C last year and I'm currently doing A2
Reply 4
Original post by shootforstars
What kind of notes are you after, I'm resitting it this summer so I'm about to get my notes down!
Well I got a C last year and I'm currently doing A2

Just any tbh. \:
And ooh okay (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending