The Student Room Group

Girls and boys who have stayed with their partners after cheating incurred pregnancy.

Basically my story is, my bf went on a night out a few months ago and about few weeks ago I found out that he had cheated on me that night with a random girl. She had got in contact with him saying she was pregnant. She's got rid of it now but obviously I know if she kept it things would be even more complicated.

However, I would just like to hear some stories from other people i.e. boys who have got other girls pregnant, boys who's gf's cheated and got pregnant, girls who cheated and got pregnant or girls who's bf's got another girl pregnant. Preferably if the girl got rid of it as that relates to my story but either way I'd like to hear)

I don't want any stupid answers like break up with him etc thats not what I'm asking. I would just like to hear any stories from people who have stayed with their bf/gf after having gone through this. As in why did you stay together, how did you make it work and is it still working etc?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Basically my story is....

I have a feeling you'll be waiting a long time if you want any stories about people staying together through that.
Reply 2
sorry this may be irrelavent but did he tell you out of guilt?
Reply 3
Can't think of any stories of naive girls taking back dicks who don't respect or love them off the top of my head, will keep you posted.
Reply 4
wow :smile: you must be a saint to forgive that!I've been cheated on and can imagine it'd be a million times worse if he'd got someone pregnant :/
Reply 5
Original post by hanaalou
wow :smile: you must be a saint to forgive that!I've been cheated on and can imagine it'd be a million times worse if he'd got someone pregnant :/

Oh I haven't forgiven him! Currently in a state of numbness really.
Reply 6
Oh I haven't forgiven him! Currently in a state of numbness really.

hmm I know that feeling too well!hope you sort it tho:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by reisen
sorry this may be irrelevant but did he tell you out of guilt?

I don't think it was of guilt as such but the fact she got pregnant, he obviously was going to be off to scans and stuff whilst she got the abortion so couldn't really hide that very well. So he had to tell me because of that. if she didnt get pregnant i duno if he would have told me. Not really a very good reason I know.
Reply 8
Original post by Cicerao
Can't think of any stories of naive girls taking back dicks who don't respect or love them off the top of my head, will keep you posted.

yea thanks, you have no idea whats its like unless you've been through it. this is not what i asked is it.
Reply 9
To be fair, I think that any guy that raises a child as his own that was born out of deciet or cheating is a Saint. I know I wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, a child from another relationship or something would be fine. But to raise a child that's not my own because she cheated on me. That'd would be more than I could bare. And I have no doubt I would resent the child. So from that perspective.
Ignore the pregnancy- just concentrate on the cheating. That's the issue. Why would he sleep with another girl? Do you see a way back for the two of you? Could you forgive him? Etc etc, this is what you need to think about.
Reply 11
Original post by Steevee
To be fair, I think that any guy that raises a child as his own that was born out of deciet or cheating is a Saint. I know I wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, a child from another relationship or something would be fine. But to raise a child that's not my own because she cheated on me. That'd would be more than I could bare. And I have no doubt I would resent the child. So from that perspective.

Yea thats why i said obviously if she kept it it would be more complicated because I don't feel I should become like a step mother figure to a child that was born from him cheating on me. Although it wouldn't be the child's fault i would definitely detest him/her.
Reply 12
I feel so sorry for you, it must be so painful. Best of luck x
Reply 13
Original post by Gemma :)!
Ignore the pregnancy- just concentrate on the cheating. That's the issue. Why would he sleep with another girl? Do you see a way back for the two of you? Could you forgive him? Etc etc, this is what you need to think about.

Well I have been doing that so far, I know how sorry he is and everything but I couldn't say right now if i could ever forgive him it would be something that comes in time and I cant see whats going to happen in the future obviously:/
Reply 14
Original post by Gemma :)!

This.

Also, did he even use a condom? :lolwut: If they didn't I'd dump him for his stupidity as well as cheating, but that's just me...
Reply 15
Original post by reisen
I feel so sorry for you, it must be so painful. Best of luck x

Thank you x
Reply 16
Original post by ily_em
This.

Also, did he even use a condom? :lolwut: If they didn't I'd dump him for his stupidity as well as cheating, but that's just me...

Well that fact she got pregnant I would say no, but I don't know.
He made a mistake OP. Forgive him. I'm sure he isn't going to cheat on you anymore and he did tell you.

I got a friend who was in a similar situation as you. They worked it out and are now happily married. So give it another chance.
Original post by ily_em
This.

Exactly! And he wasn't only stupid, he was also a bastard for not thinking that unprotected sex meant that if he got something he would also give it to his actual gf! That's the point I kept making when a similar thing happened to a friend of mine! The idiot still took him back!
Reply 19
Yea thats why i said obviously if she kept it it would be more complicated because I don't feel I should become like a step mother figure to a child that was born from him cheating on me. Although it wouldn't be the child's fault i would definitely detest him/her.

Well, I suppose I could cope with being a stepo figure in the childs life, weekends and such maybe. But I certainley couldn't be a real parent to it.

I don't know if it's a distinctly male point of view I have. POlease tell me if it is. But Assuming I was a woman, I don't think it would be such a big deal if my partner got another woman pregnant and she kept it. After all, the child is far removed from my everyday life. But to have to raise another man's child as your own day in day out would be, unacceptable to me. In that sense. That's not to say I wouldn;t raise them if I was going into a relationship with eyes open.

But then, the whole point is moot for me :tongue: I really don;t like children, and wouldn't go near them, or anyone with them in tow :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending