The Student Room Group

EDL: "I'd love to see a mosque being built in Mecca"

Scroll to see replies

There is something adorably retarded about them. They are a bunch of thugs, but when they try to explain their views, its like a 6 year old trying to explain the financial crisis!:biggrin:
It's a shame the EDL has turned into what it has.

An actual, organised force against Islamic Extremism would be excellent.

Unfortunately the EDL has turned into BNP-lite.

It must be said however, that many on here jump on the anti-EDL/BNP wagon simply because it's "fashionable" to do so, not because of their own political beliefs.
Reply 22
Original post by doggyfizzel
There is something adorably retarded about them. They are a bunch of thugs, but when they try to explain their views, its like a 6 year old trying to explain the financial crisis!:biggrin:

So true :biggrin:
tbf he probably did mean church but just said mosque by mistake. I'm not saying he isn't a moron though...
Reply 24
LOL :rofl:
He's right!! WE CANT HAVE A MOSQUE built in MECCA! THAT'S BLASPHEMY!!!!
:adore::adore::adore::ahee::banana2:
I really love the far right sometimes. So much so, I just wrote my dissertation on them.
Muslamic rayguns are gonna get ya!
Original post by Foo.mp3
ahaha! Epic #Winning. The EDL, and groups like them, just pwn themselves by their very existence..

..trouble is many of y'all then put 2 + 2 together and get 5 e.g. assume all/most right wingers are similarly retarded and be hating because..

* Reflective of a considered appraisal of certain contemporary 'worldly realities' :rolleyes:

Okay kidda.

I'm not a supporter of the far right, but I hate Islamic extremists almost as much as I hate people who moan about the EDL/BNP because everyone else does, not because they've made a concious political decision by weighing up their policies.
Reply 29
I'm siding with nobody on this issue - IMO you're probably a bunch of Tory-voting middle class kids on an internet forum judging clearly uneducated working class people. I really wonder who the trash are.
"EDL - Educationally deprived lunatics" :rofl:
Reply 31
Original post by Nadiiiiia
"EDL - Educationally deprived lunatics" :rofl:

Why is that funny? I don't really see failings of the educational system as particularly humorous. :rolleyes:
Reply 32
EDL looney
WHAT IS THAT SYMBOL!!!!! AND WHY IS IT ALL OVER MY TOWN!!!!!!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!!!!

The EDL are truly hillarious - they should make their own comedy show.
Ah the EDL never cease to amuse!
Original post by Selkarn
I'm siding with nobody on this issue - IMO you're probably a bunch of Tory-voting middle class kids on an internet forum judging clearly uneducated working class people. I really wonder who the trash are.

I'm against Tories and the current coalition government, get full EMA/uni grant because I come from a home earning under £25,000 and I think that EDF are nothing more than a bunch of racist thugs.
Original post by Selkarn

So your not siding with the unanimous on TSR because were all probably a bunch of Tory-voting middle class Kids? :rolleyes:

That's a new one. :confused:
Reply 36
Original post by Rogercbinboy
I'm against Tories and the current coalition government, get full EMA/uni grant because I come from a home earning under £25,000 and I think that EDF are nothing more than a bunch of racist thugs.

Regardless, looking at your profile you got great grades and I'm pretty sure that I, yourself and many others would consider you a success of the education system. I just find it pathetic that obviously privileged, silver spoon middle class kids on this forum are mocking people who are uneducated and didn't have the opportunities in life that they had.

If some poor kid, by the age of 10, can't do simple mathematics, it's not something to mock, it's an issue that needs to be addressed. It's not funny, and even if he is obviously wrong, mocking/judging the kid isn't the right path. I see that in the same light as people like the guy in the video posted.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Selkarn
Regardless, looking at your profile you got great grades and I'm pretty sure that I, yourself and many others would consider you a success of the education system. I just find it pathetic that obviously privileged, silver spoon middle class kids on this forum are mocking people who are uneducated and didn't have the opportunities in life that they had.

I'm not middle class, far from it - it's no excuse for bigotry.
Reply 38
I love the epic facepalm in the end
Original post by Selkarn

If some poor kid, by the age of 10, can't do simple mathematics, it's not something to mock, it's an issue that needs to be addressed. It's not funny, and even if he is obviously wrong, mocking/judging the kid isn't the right path. I see that in the same light as people like the guy in the video posted.

If I've got good grades then it goes to show that people from the working class can still excel at education. And although this forum (as I've noticed) does consist of a lot of students from good backgrounds or students who excel at education, this forum is not the only place where the EDL is judged.

When I think EDL or BNP I don't think uneducated, although I do think ignorant, and I don't think poor. I see them as racist and violent groups of people, I don't think you can excuse that by saying "they're uneducated". A murderer in court wouldn't be let off because he flunked his A-levels.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending