The Student Room Group

SAAS Application 2011

(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I had a similar problem. I was making an account today, and my mum closed the window half way through (-_-), and it told me the editing details section was unavailable.

But don't worry, its down for maintanance or something, it'll be back on the 6th of April :smile:

They have more information on their facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/saasfb

Hope that helps you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Escocia
Hey, I had a similar problem. I was making an account today, and my mum closed the window half way through (-_-), and it told me the editing details section was unavailable.

But don't worry, its down for maintanance or something, it'll be back on the 6th of April :smile:

They have more information on their facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/saasfb

Hope that helps you :smile:

Oh ok, phew! Thanks so much. :smile:
Reply 3
In what cases are you exempt from parents contribution? I'm not sure if I am or not.
Reply 4
I am not sure what to do for details of income. I do not work and do not receive any income, but my Mum receives benefits. Is it household income or just my own personal income in which case I would put none?
Reply 5
Original post by Kelz_26
I am not sure what to do for details of income. I do not work and do not receive any income, but my Mum receives benefits. Is it household income or just my own personal income in which case I would put none?

I'd say email the SAAS and ask them.

Im stumped with my national insurance number. I was living out of the country on my 15th birthday, so I didn't get one, so now I have to apply...
as if I didn't have enough to do...
Reply 6
Original post by Escocia
I'd say email the SAAS and ask them.

Im stumped with my national insurance number. I was living out of the country on my 15th birthday, so I didn't get one, so now I have to apply...
as if I didn't have enough to do...

Ok thanks. I think it would just be my income as there is a section later for parents.

That must be annoying. :s-smilie:

There is also a section that says:
Only complete this section if you will be aged between 50 and 54 years at the start of your course.
On completion of your course, do you intend to take up employment? Yes No

When I went on that page the 'no' box was already selected and it won't let me unselect it so it it looks like I have completed that section. :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by Kelz_26
Ok thanks. I think it would just be my income as there is a section later for parents.

Only complete this section if you will be aged between 50 and 54 years at the start of your course.

When I went on that page the 'no' box was already selected and it won't let me unselect it so it it looks like I have completed that section. :s-smilie:

:s Thats strange...maybe you should ask them about that aswell...

It's all so complicated...
Reply 8
Original post by Escocia
:s Thats strange...maybe you should ask them about that aswell...

It's all so complicated...

I know, I want to get it out of the way as soon as possible!
Reply 9
Original post by Kelz_26

SAAS do not want to know about any income you make from employment. Even if you did work.

Your mum would enter her benefits in the 'replacement living costs' field in the income section towards the end of the app.
Original post by Kelz_26

Just ignore the section for people who are 50-54 unless you fit that criteria.
Reply 11
Original post by auld reekie
Just ignore the section for people who are 50-54 unless you fit that criteria.

But it says

On completion of your course, do you intend to take up employment? Yes / No

And the box 'no' was already selected when I went on to that page and it won't let me unselect it.
Original post by Kelz_26
But it says

On completion of your course, do you intend to take up employment? Yes / No

And the box 'no' was already selected when I went on to that page and it won't let me unselect it.

You will not be aged between 50 and 54 at the start of your course, will you? Then that is why you do not need to answer this question and it has automatically selected no.
Reply 13
Original post by WeekendOffender
You will not be aged between 50 and 54 at the start of your course, will you? Then that is why you do not need to answer this question and it has automatically selected no.

I thought if you were not between aged 50-54 it shouldn't say yes or no. It doesn't matter anyway, I'll just leave it. :tongue:
Reply 14
On the "update your details" section, are you able to get in to update things online or does it say that its "unavailable at this time" ?
Reply 15
Original post by Escocia
On the "update your details" section, are you able to get in to update things online or does it say that its "unavailable at this time" ?

It says that on mine too.
Reply 16
Original post by Kelz_26
It says that on mine too.

Ah, ok. I was panicing that there was a problem with mine.

Does that become edit-able after you submit your application then do you think?
Reply 17
Original post by Escocia
Ah, ok. I was panicing that there was a problem with mine.

Does that become edit-able after you submit your application then do you think?

I'm not too sure... I'm assuming so.
Reply 18
Original post by Kelz_26
I'm not too sure... I'm assuming so.

Alright. Thanks :smile:
Reply 19
It won't let me apply for travel expenses. It says "Claims for travel expenses are not accepted from students who have not applied for income-assessed support for this session. Our records show that this applies to you." I actually have though, so I e-mailed them but they are taking ages to reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending