The Student Room Group

M+S Food.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theronkinator
I do my weekly shop there, it's so nice. Sure it costs a bit more (not near as much as people make out though), but it's worth it.

Don't you get tempted to buy loads of stuff you don't really need though? I would shop there more often if I thought I had enough self-control :colondollar:
I like the chocolate cakes for a pre-gym snack, then a whole spatchcock chicken and cheddar mash for dinner.
Reply 22
Original post by Keith Lemon
I like the chocolate cakes for a pre-gym snack, then a whole spatchcock chicken and cheddar mash for dinner.

I know you do fatboy. :colondollar:
Original post by -honeybee-
Don't you get tempted to buy loads of stuff you don't really need though? I would shop there more often if I thought I had enough self-control :colondollar:

No more so than anywhere else, but yeah I did that like the first few times, but not really anymore. I buy myself the odd treat now and again.
Reply 24
People always moan its so expensive - but I dont think its that bad!

Love:
- Percy pigs
- Jam and cream donuts
- fruit scones and teacakes
- chocolate roulade
- those digestives covered in milk choc in the blue foil
- roast potatos (I know you should make your own!)
- tuna and sweetcorn sandwich
- meat loaf
- count on us veg lasagne
- florida orange juice

- and the best birthday cake ever - colin the caterpillar, nothing beats it!!

Looks like I am slightly obsessed with m&s ooops! x
Original post by theronkinator
No more so than anywhere else, but yeah I did that like the first few times, but not really anymore. I buy myself the odd treat now and again.

Will have to try it!

Original post by LittleGee

I think for some people it perhaps is a little expensive but really you get what you pay for, it's definitely worth it. A lot of the normal stuff isn't expensive though when you compare it to the higher ranges of Tesco etc.
Reply 26
Original post by LittleGee

Love:
- Percy pigs
- Jam and cream donuts
- fruit scones and teacakes
- chocolate roulade
- those digestives covered in milk choc in the blue foil
- roast potatos (I know you should make your own!)
- tuna and sweetcorn sandwich
- meat loaf
- count on us veg lasagne
- florida orange juice

- and the best birthday cake ever - colin the caterpillar, nothing beats it!!

Looks like I am slightly obsessed with m&s ooops! x

They put crack in the chocolate digestives. I swear it. They are PERFECTION.
I like the Pancakes with Chocolate that they had out around pancake day. They were soooo good. I wish they'd bring them back :frown:
Reply 28
Its just better quality overall compared to the other retail stores.
The pathetic attempts by the competition to replicate the M+S brand food is quite futile really, i.e. "Tesco Finest".
Reply 29
Original post by TotoMimo
They put crack in the chocolate digestives. I swear it. They are PERFECTION.

I know! I could eat the whole box though!
I have a major thing for the pistachio and almond cookies atm, they're amazing!
I also love Percy Pigs, their Lochmiur salmon and the different salads they do.
Anyone ever tried their chocolate covered butter toffee popcorn? They put packets of it next to the till so they stare at you until you pick them up... I nearly faint everytime I think about them :coma: They're beautiful.
Reply 32
Original post by La Papillon
Anyone ever tried their chocolate covered butter toffee popcorn? They put packets of it next to the till so they stare at you until you pick them up... I nearly faint everytime I think about them :coma: They're beautiful.

They're just as good as these:

Also, *slaver*:

Bakery Chocolate Chip Sugared Shortbread

Baked Crumbed Ham Slices

Smoked Salmon, Mascarpone, Prawn and Asparagus Terrine

Triple-layer Carrot and Walnut Cake

Dulce de Leche Banoffee Pie

Triple Chocolate Crunch Cereal (this is like eating dessert for breakfast).

Seriously. I eat ANYTHING that comes out of Marks and Spencer. God, give me their freakin' CATFOOD and I'll eat it.
Original post by TotoMimo
Terrible idea to ask me this question. Why? PREPARE TO BE FLOODED!

And I'm not even scratching the surface of the things in Marks and Spencer I love.

JKFHSDJKFHDJFHSAD MMM FOODGASM.
Eh, yeah.
:smile:
Original post by Tyler.
I don't know about the food. But I love the fact when you buy a newspaper in Marks and you pay in the self service checkouts it asks you if you want to pay the full price or give it a new price. I think that its brilliant paying one pence for a paper.

Does it not need colleague authorisation :O
this could be one hell of a fun time if it works on everything :wink:
Original post by angelbones
THE CLUB SANDWICHES. Oh god, just thinking about them is making my mouth water...

I wish I won the lottery, just so I could live off M&S food at uni. Seriously.

Yeah they're good, though my girlfriend has recently managed to make clubs better than they can.

In general M & S has amazing sweets.
I've never really tried anything from there :O Is it really that much more expensive that Tesco/Asda etc? All I hear about them is the high prices. Tempted to go in and buy something random.
I love the cakes they have in the cafe - can never justify having a whole slice to myself though, they're huge! My dad works there and once got one of the cakes that was going out of date for just a couple of quid...we dined like royalty that week.

Also quite like their ready meals - they're not that much more expensive than Sainsbury's, and they taste a lot nicer. Especially the Count On Us spaghetti and meatballs.

Their all butter cookies made me gain about half a stone during exam term last year - these bad boys:

I could get through a whole pack in a day. And they're not exactly low in calories!
Reply 38
Original post by impossible!
I've never really tried anything from there :O Is it really that much more expensive that Tesco/Asda etc? All I hear about them is the high prices. Tempted to go in and buy something random.

To be fair, you DO get what you pay for. But GET IN THERE! I can't believe you've never been into Markie-Parkies!

In terms of expense, we're talking like, £3(ish) for their (exquisite) ready meals (I particularly love their Fuller Longer range and Count on Us ranges - somehow, they make "being careful" with what you eat PROPERLY delicious as opposed to "fake" delicious - I'm looking at YOU, Weight Watchers-paltry-portion-tastes-like-cardboard-feet meals) as opposed to the equivalent for a pound or so cheaper in Tesco, but I find even simple things like Marks and Spencer are better, like cooked meats - a pack of their extra lean ham is a quid, and it genuinely IS far leaner, higher quality ham than elsewhere.
Reply 39
Original post by SoapyDish
I love the cakes they have in the cafe - can never justify having a whole slice to myself though, they're huge! My dad works there and once got one of the cakes that was going out of date for just a couple of quid...we dined like royalty that week.

Also quite like their ready meals - they're not that much more expensive than Sainsbury's, and they taste a lot nicer. Especially the Count On Us spaghetti and meatballs.

Their all butter cookies made me gain about half a stone during exam term last year - these bad boys:

I could get through a whole pack in a day. And they're not exactly low in calories!

Oh QUOTED FOR TRUTH. Those, and these:

Marks and Sparks biscuits are sublime.

Quick Reply

Latest