The Student Room Group

Girls: Do you really care about abs over big chest, shoulders, arms and back?

yes i know you care about personality over anything else :rolleyes: but putting personality aside for a moment here.

i've spoken to girls online (albeit from other countries. mainly the USA) and they have said they care a lot about if they can see the guy's abs. they dont care much for big shoulders, chest, back and arms, as long as they can see the guy's abs. i have showed pictures of random guys who are big and strong (mostly rugby players) and have said they hate them because no abs are showing. they dont have a big belly but simply no abs are showing.

so i ask you girls this: do you only care about the abs over big shoulders, chest, back and arms?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nah I'd much rather have a slighty flabby, cuddly tummy over a 6 pack. It says that the guy is more chilled and relaxed about life and doesnt care if he has a hair out of place or a bit of extra weight than if he looks good.

Also it would make me feel bad about myself if i had to be next to a perfectly toned guy
a bulky man just tells me that he will more likely spend more time in the gym than with me.

excuse my prejudice, even if this may not be true. there's a difference between toning up and body-building.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
so dyu prefer this

or this?

without judging the face
Reply 4
Legs are far more important.

Abs mean nothing on a skinny guy.
Reply 5
Original post by robotwars
yes i know you care about personality over anything else :rolleyes: but putting personality aside for a moment here.

i've spoken to girls online (albeit from other countries. mainly the USA) and they have said they care a lot about if they can see the guy's abs. they dont care much for big shoulders, chest, back and arms, as long as they can see the guy's abs. i have showed pictures of random guys who are big and strong (mostly rugby players) and have said they hate them because no abs are showing. they dont have a big belly but simply no abs are showing.

so i ask you girls this: do you only care about the abs over big shoulders, chest, back and arms?

I don't like abs at all. That said though, I don't really like muscles.
Reply 6
Original post by rlw31
Legs are far more important.

Abs mean nothing on a skinny guy.

Well said. So few people realise this.
Reply 7
Original post by MC armani
so dyu prefer this

or this?

without judging the face

Bottom, the first guy looks like a Ken Doll.
so dyu prefer this

or this?

without judging the face

The second one, without a doubt!
The abs in the first picture are GROTESQUE (in my opinion).
Obviously it is possible to have abs somewhere in the middle of the two, but if they don't show, it's no big deal for me.
Reply 9
don't really give a fig for abs, much prefer lovely arms, shoulders...SHOULDERS! and backs
Reply 10
Original post by reisen
don't really give a fig for abs, much prefer lovely arms, shoulders...SHOULDERS! and backs

Shoulders and arms! :coma:

so dyu prefer this

or this?

without judging the face

Second without a doubt! Ah really muscular guys scare me.
Reply 12
Prefer that 2nd guy

BUT tsr girls, why do you lie so much?!?!? Do you like chubby guys because they make you feel better about yourself? Or because you dont want to look shallow? :confused:

Normal girls like -

-. height (but this is not that important in most cases....just in mine)
-. abs but not disgusting veiny abs or too much bulging muscles........lean and toned like a swimmer....
-. pecs are more important than abs imo .... i dont really care about abs (muscle tits or fat tits = NO! )
-.shoulders have to be wide but there must be some distinction between your head and neck

so OP girls like a good physique but in moderation. Any girl who likes a humongous meathead is either very athletic herself which is normal or....a complete frat loving slut which is not normal. Any girl who likes ONLY skinny guys is an insecure emo or hipster. You can like skinny guys obviously.... thats what not what Im saying. But deliberately seeking out guys who have a girly hipster look even when they have a ****ty personality is weird. Girls who like fat guys are fat or in love.

---

neg **** storm from the liars in 3.....2......1 :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by strawberry
a perfectly toned man just tells me that he will more likely spend more time in the gym than with me.

I am fairly toned/'ripped' and I spend zero time in the gym. I might do the odd set of press ups every now and again, but mainly it's about diet.

But if by toned you been bulky, then fair point.
I think the ladies prefer a body more or less like this:

RIGHT ladies?
Reply 15
Original post by robotwars

While guys with 6 packs are fit, I wouldn't want to go out with someone with one. I'd much rather they had big strong arms, so that you always felt safe if you get what I mean? Plus better hugs! Abs are fit, but they aren't realistic or what I would personally want. Also, would you really want to go out with someone who spends all of their time in the gym? Not worth it if they spend more time on their looks than with you I reckon. Fine stay in shape, but not ott.

But yeah, not important! Wayy rather have big arms and chest that a 6pack!:biggrin:
Reply 16
nice arms and shoulders ftw.
Original post by Anya~
Prefer that 2nd guy

BUT tsr girls, why do you lie so much?!?!? Do you like chubby guys because they make you feel better about yourself? Or because you dont want to look shallow?
:confused:

Normal girls like -

-. height (but this is not that important in most cases....just in mine)
-. abs but not disgusting veiny abs or too much bulging muscles........lean and toned like a swimmer....
-. pecs are more important than abs imo .... i dont really care about abs (muscle tits or fat tits = NO! )
-.shoulders have to be wide but there must be some distinction between your head and neck

so OP girls like a good physique but in moderation. Any girl who likes a humongous meathead is either very athletic herself which is normal or....a complete frat loving slut which is not normal. Any girl who likes ONLY skinny guys is an insecure emo or hipster. You can like skinny guys obviously.... thats what not what Im saying. But deliberately seeking out guys who have a girly hipster look even when they have a ****ty personality is weird. Girls who like fat guys are fat or in love.

---

neg **** storm from the liars in 3.....2......1 :biggrin:

Most TSR girls lie to themselves or have very weird tastes. This should be obvious to most people by now.
Original post by strawberry
a perfectly toned man just tells me that he will more likely spend more time in the gym than with me.

Yes, the four hours a week it requires to achieve anything resembling decent. Such a burden on your relationship cannot be sustained I'm sure.
Original post by Teveth
I am fairly toned/'ripped' and I spend zero time in the gym. I might do the odd set of press ups every now and again, but mainly it's about diet.

But if by toned you been bulky, then fair point.

I meant bulky. Sorry for the confusion. Toned is the wrong word.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending