The Student Room Group

Girls- if it was socially acceptable for you to walk around topless... (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by talon1579
The bra wasn't invented for millennia, what did people do before then? Surely if you didn't wear one your muscles would adapt?

Depends how big your boobs are. Trust me, not wearing a bra is extremely painful.
Reply 61
God, that'd be painful...
I am surprised at the number of people who seem to think it's socially acceptable for guys to walk around the streets topless. The only guys I ever see doing that are kids, teenagers and chavs; does that not tell you something?
No. My boobs are too big to be let loose!
Original post by Happy Insomniac
I am surprised at the number of people who seem to think it's socially acceptable for guys to walk around the streets topless. The only guys I ever see doing that are kids, teenagers and chavs; does that not tell you something?

And fat old men.
To all you girls saying your boobs are too big or it would hurt, I think you would get used to it. As I've said before some women on Earth have never even seen a bra, and they seem to get around fine.
Reply 66
Original post by Lewroll
To all you girls saying your boobs are too big or it would hurt, I think you would get used to it. As I've said before some women on Earth have never even seen a bra, and they seem to get around fine.

Some people live without electricity, they manage just fine! Just because some people get by without certain things doesn't mean they're life wouldn't or couldn't be improved if they had access to x or y.
Original post by gracebutlerr
i would! bra's are not comfy

Really? I thought bras provide essential support?

Original post by Carnivores
LOL so hard right now.

:lolwut:

Original post by .Ali.
oh Lewroll

I've always wanted to hear you say that :sexface:
To answer the question...no, because I have big boobs and it would be painful.

Have you never spent the day braless? Wouldn't it be exciting, the freedom and relief. I think it would be healthy for everyone to walk around naked at least one day a year.
Original post by rlw31
Some people live without electricity, they manage just fine! Just because some people get by without certain things doesn't mean they're life wouldn't or couldn't be improved if they had access to x or y.

You misunderstand. Girls are saying without bras their boobs/back/whatever will hurt as they don't have support. I don't see how that can be true when other humans walk around braless and feel no adverse side effects. So I think after a while going bra less it most likely wouldn't be uncomfortable anymore.
Reply 69
Original post by Lewroll
You misunderstand. Girls are saying without bras their boobs/back/whatever will hurt as they don't have support. I don't see how that can be true when other humans walk around braless and feel no adverse side effects. So I think after a while going bra less it most likely wouldn't be uncomfortable anymore.

How do you know they feel no adverse effects? Would they feel the same way if they had ever had the chance to wear a supportive bra?
Original post by rlw31
How do you know they feel no adverse effects? Would they feel the same way if they had ever had the chance to wear a supportive bra?

Of course they feel no effects. If they did they would wear bras (and don't say they don't have access to bras, many small tribal villages have access to more 'western' clothing, and even if they didn't they could make one). Are you honestly suggesting these women walk around their whole lives in pain from not wearing a bra? Thats ridiculous.
Reply 71
Original post by Lewroll
But how do other women on earth manage to walk around all the time topless. Their boobs can't hurt, otherwise they'd wear/invent a bra.... :s-smilie:

But at least men would know what they are getting into. You don't milk a cow without checking the udders first (IM NOT COMPARING WOMEN TO COWS)

Well first thing, I guess it varies between women.

And secondly well... if a guy only wants you for your boobs then it's hardly an ideal relationship :wink:

EDIT: Plus, since when did you have boobs to question my judgment? Or the judgement of many other girls on this thread?
(edited 13 years ago)
I'd don't see the point of that, it's tasteless. I think it's better to leave more to the imagination :wink:
if it suddenly became socially acceptable, no, i wouldn't, because not wearing a bra is so uncomfortable.

if it had always been so and i didn't know any different, probably.
Reply 74
Original post by Lewroll
Of course they feel no effects. If they did they would wear bras (and don't say they don't have access to bras, many small tribal villages have access to more 'western' clothing, and even if they didn't they could make one). Are you honestly suggesting these women walk around their whole lives in pain from not wearing a bra? Thats ridiculous.

No, I'm suggesting that if they've never tried wearing a bra for any length of time, then they wouldn't know whether or not they'd feel more comfortable in one.

I've never said that all or even most women feel pain or discomfort when they don't wear a bra. I simply said that I feel pain when I walk around without a bra.

You can't miss something you've never had.
Reply 75
well with a bra on, i'm a big girl with big boobs so dont want them flapping everywhere. i hate putting on clothes sometimes lol house= underwear only zone!
Original post by rosee92
Well first thing, I guess it varies between women.

And secondly well... if a guy only wants you for your boobs then it's hardly an ideal relationship :wink:

EDIT: Plus, since when did you have boobs to question my judgment? Or the judgement of many other girls on this thread?

I don't have boobs but I do have common sense. I'm not saying if you stopped wearing bras it would be painless. What I am suggesting is that the only reason it would hurt is because you've always been used to a bra. Maybe if you never wore one in the first place you would have no problems.

Original post by rlw31
No, I'm suggesting that if they've never tried wearing a bra for any length of time, then they wouldn't know whether or not they'd feel more comfortable in one.

I've never said that all or even most women feel pain or discomfort when they don't wear a bra. I simply said that I feel pain when I walk around without a bra.

You can't miss something you've never had.

Very true, but I think they must be comfortable enough without them, a bra may make them more comfortable but that doesn't mean they are currently in pain. A pillow makes me more comfortable when I sleep, but I can sleep perfectly well (and quite comfortably) without one.
Reply 77
Original post by Lewroll
Very true, but I think they must be comfortable enough without them, a bra may make them more comfortable but that doesn't mean they are currently in pain. A pillow makes me more comfortable when I sleep, but I can sleep perfectly well (and quite comfortably) without one.

Sure, you can sleep comfortably without a pillow, but as you said you feel more comfortable with one. As long as the choice is there, wouldn't you choose to the option that makes you more comfortable every single time?

As long as there's an option for me to wear one, I'll wear a bra. I've walked down the stairs without a bra before, big mistake :frown:
Original post by rlw31
Sure, you can sleep comfortably without a pillow, but as you said you feel more comfortable with one. As long as the choice is there, wouldn't you choose to the option that makes you more comfortable every single time?

As long as there's an option for me to wear one, I'll wear a bra. I've walked down the stairs without a bra before, big mistake :frown:

Fair point. Of course I still think that without bras women would be perfectly fine, however theres nothing wrong with adding a bit of comfort to our lives :biggrin:

Why was it a big mistake? Did one of your boobs smack you in the face?
Reply 79
Don't lie ...this is a pervy thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending