The Student Room Group

Shouted at by lecturer

Scroll to see replies

Yh you're well hard init. Dude you're not in school anymore ffs :facepalm2:
Original post by bestofyou
shudder at the girls, or the sun?

The Sun. I can't really comment on the girls as I think they're all pretty fugly (AND I'm a girl), but each to their own!
My friend started messing around with my badminton racket in a lecture and got caught and i got the blame for it. The lecturers exact words were " If you want to play your badminton then go!" so i subsequently packed my things and went to badminton practice. The look of shock on his face when i just walked out was priceless though!
Reply 43
lol can't see why OP was deserving of so many negative ratings
Reply 44
You're an absolute tool.

Instead of being an arrogant git, you could've just not gone. I don't blame her for being pissed off with you.
Reply 45
Apologise again, and say that you feel really bad for doing what you did, and say honestly, that you won't do it again. And who cares if you know what the lecture is about, listen! Or at least look as if though you are listening! He honestly had every right to shout at you, because he's the lecturer. Pay respect to him, if you want to be respected and in his good books.
Original post by staring.space
The Sun. I can't really comment on the girls as I think they're all pretty fugly (AND I'm a girl), but each to their own!
Oh my lab lecturer is always bitching at me... dunno why, but in labs lecturers pms like **** at their students
Reply 48
How would you feel if someone read a newspaper in your lecture? I would find it very rude and I'm sure that most people would feel the same. People who can't see what's wrong with this are immature. It shows really poor manners to act like that.
LOL getting shouted at by a lecturer, in a lecture, the thought is hilarious

I've read a newspapers in leck-chas before, at the back yeah but nobody cares
I can't say I have, because I go to a lecture to learn the stuff in the lecture. If you want to read a newspaper, go outside, or it's just rude.
you pay £thousands for a place to read your newspaper?
no wonder they want to raise the tuition fees! you're setting a great example for the rest of us
Original post by Crazy Paving
I can't say I have, because I go to a lecture to learn the stuff in the lecture. If you want to read a newspaper, go outside, or it's just rude.

I think some people are overreacting a tad, yeah not full blown reading an entire newspaper end to end, but interesting stories, 2 or 3 pages if you get bored or are a bit zoned out in the lecture

not everyone's sitting there paying 100% attention anyway, it's infinitely more annoying to have someone on a laptop like playing games or watching something
Reply 53
Original post by the golden god
My friend started messing around with my badminton racket in a lecture

hehe
Reply 54
Original post by crofy
lol can't see why OP was deserving of so many negative ratings

Because he represents everything that is wrong with this generation.
i would find it strange for a lecturer to yell at someone

but i don't pay over £3000 a year to read the paper in my lectures
Reply 56
Original post by Harrifer
Because he represents everything that is wrong with this generation.

Original post by Tommyjw
So you were being ignorant, he shouted at you and said sorry. The problem is..?

This, a thousand times this. You (the OP) are exactly what is wrong with University, and why for the most part I can't stand it.

Its gets on my tits to no end how ****ing ignorant some people can be, if you don't wanna be there, don't turn up.

Especially on my Primary Ed course, you would have thought given how we're all training as teachers, and know how much preparation with regards to timing and setting up equipment is needed for a decent worthwhile lesson, its amazing how many people just talk and make no effort to listen.

In one subject in particular, every time the lecturer turns his back or stops for breath a good 50% of the people instantly start chatting, its like a bunch of children at times.

Of course there have been many times when I've been tired, or already knew what was being discussed, but I at least gave the lectures the time of day and showed respect, even if I wasn't interested in the slightest.

If you don't like it, **** off and stop making everyone's live such a misery.

I don't know what your doing with a newspaper in a lecture anyway, just shove it up your ****in arse and do the world a favour
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by lazy smurf
You got shouted at by a girl, and then you poo'ed your pants and now you're crying about it?

Cool story brah

I'm a girl!
To be fair, i'd be pissed at that too.

1) Because I don't like being treated like a child. If I could read mags/newspapers at college, I don't see the problem at uni. If he/she had a problem with it they could have calmly asked you to put it away.

2) Because its my choice to be there, therefore if I want to read the paper then I should be allowed to. I am paying for this education afterall - yes reading the paper defeats the point BUT thats not the point i'm making.

3) He is still getting paid at the end of the day so why should it matter what you do?

He overreacted - regardless of whether you were reading the paper, shouting at you was inappropriate. If I was you I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue to be honest, I would have probably said "well theres no need to shout at me for it", what a ****.
Original post by CookieDoughLove
To be fair, i'd be pissed at that too.

1) Because I don't like being treated like a child. If I could read mags/newspapers at college, I don't see the problem at uni. If he/she had a problem with it they could have calmly asked you to put it away.

2) Because its my choice to be there, therefore if I want to read the paper then I should be allowed to. I am paying for this education afterall - yes reading the paper defeats the point BUT thats not the point i'm making.

3) He is still getting paid at the end of the day so why should it matter what you do?

He overreacted - regardless of whether you were reading the paper, shouting at you was inappropriate. If I was you I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue to be honest, I would have probably said "well theres no need to shout at me for it", what a ****.

And showing him a little respect ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending