The Student Room Group

Girls: Do you really care about abs over big chest, shoulders, arms and back?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lexi99
Nah I'd much rather have a slighty flabby, cuddly tummy over a 6 pack. It says that the guy is more chilled and relaxed about life and doesnt care if he has a hair out of place or a bit of extra weight than if he looks good.

Also it would make me feel bad about myself if i had to be next to a perfectly toned guy

But it's fine for a women to fixate over ever intricate detail that is their body. Pls go, if a guy dedicates time going to the gym it does not make him 'unchilled' for lack of better word.

pls go.
Reply 21
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Most TSR girls lie to themselves or have very weird tastes. This should be obvious to most people by now.

Why though? :confused:

id be happy if OH spent time in the gym......i do so its only fair
Original post by Break To Build
Yes, the four hours a week it requires to achieve anything resembling decent. Such a burden on your relationship cannot be sustained I'm sure.

This...

four hours a week, 168 hours in a week equates to spending to much time in the gym.

Oh lawdy, lawd. why do i torture myself entering these threads.
Original post by robotwars
yes i know you care about personality over anything else :rolleyes: but putting personality aside for a moment here.

i've spoken to girls online (albeit from other countries. mainly the USA) and they have said they care a lot about if they can see the guy's abs. they dont care much for big shoulders, chest, back and arms, as long as they can see the guy's abs. i have showed pictures of random guys who are big and strong (mostly rugby players) and have said they hate them because no abs are showing. they dont have a big belly but simply no abs are showing.

so i ask you girls this: do you only care about the abs over big shoulders, chest, back and arms?

A big fast motorcycle is much more impressive.
Not as much as his wallet
Original post by Break To Build
Yes, the four hours a week it requires to achieve anything resembling decent. Such a burden on your relationship cannot be sustained I'm sure.

..if you cared to read my correction.
Original post by Lexi99
It says that the guy is more chilled and relaxed about life and doesnt care if he has a hair out of place or a bit of extra weight than if he looks good.

It really doesn't. I have a very high metabolism so I have a toned physique regardless of how much exercise I do. Whereas I know many extremely vain people don't have toned physiques (despite trying) but spend excessive time on their hair etc
Original post by strawberry
..if you cared to read my correction.

I read your correction, you're still incorrect. The difference between spending 4 hours in the gym and staying small and getting bulky is eating right. You don't have to spend long in a gym to get results as long as you're eating correctly.
Reply 28
compromise is the best tbh :smile:
my body is very good and recieve compliments about shoulders ,back but mainly arms and people that see my slightly toned abs ..

neg all you want , that is the truth ....
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by robotwars
do you only care about the abs over big shoulders, chest, back and arms?

Absolutely not... I would rather a guy had lovely strong arms than a 6-pack!
LOL forget all you boring girls, I LOVE muscles. Give me a guy who takes pride over his body and spends a bit of time in the gym rather than a lazy arse any day. Big arms, a big chest, a nice stomach, big legs... :coma: YES PLEASE.

I'd rather their hobby for a few hours a week was their physique rather than star wars.
Reply 31
Original post by KingPrawn0356
It really doesn't. I have a very high metabolism so I have a toned physique regardless of how much exercise I do. Whereas I know many extremely vain people don't have toned physiques (despite trying) but spend excessive time on their hair etc

Obviously there are exceptions but i was mainly talking about guys that go down the gym to try and get a 6 pack
If you have a naturally toned physique, try being grateful for your good genes rather than criticising people who work to try and get toned.

Original post by strawberry
a perfectly toned man just tells me that he will more likely spend more time in the gym than with me.

Actually, not necessarily. It actually affects your physique negatively if you sped absurd lengths of time in the gym. More likely that a muscled guy will spend lots of time eating, which doesn't exactly detract from time he can spend with you.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Threepigs
But it's fine for a women to fixate over ever intricate detail that is their body. Pls go, if a guy dedicates time going to the gym it does not make him 'unchilled' for lack of better word.

pls go.

I didnt say it was fine for a woman and this is the general impression i get of guys that work out.

I think its cos i have roommate who is the only person i know who goes to the gym and is constantly obssessing over what he eats, if its good for him; the other day he freaked out cos he was getting a tiny beer belly :rolleyes:

I would rather be with a guy who wasnt as extreme as that and would rather spend time with me than workout
Original post by Lexi99
Obviously there are exceptions but i was mainly talking about guys that go down the gym to try and get a 6 pack

guys who go to the gym only to get a 6 pack are ignorant and stupid. if you know what you're doing and you work out properly, you can get a six pack without doing a single ab exercise. those skinny ***** who go to the gym to do a ton of crunches don't deserve to be in a gym
Reply 35
I think alot of male egos are getting hurt in this thread
Original post by Lexi99
I think alot of male egos are getting hurt in this thread

How?
Reply 37
Original post by .Ali.
I don't like abs at all. That said though, I don't really like muscles.

This has made me happy. :biggrin:
Don't go to the gym just to impress some girl, do it for yourself. If she doesn't like you for who you are then forget about her.
Reply 39
Pipeclearner Arms FTW!
Yeah, Im proud. Till you punch me directly in the face.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending