The Student Room Group

Girls: Do you really care about abs over big chest, shoulders, arms and back?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robotwars
yes i know you care about personality over anything else :rolleyes: but putting personality aside for a moment here.

i've spoken to girls online (albeit from other countries. mainly the USA) and they have said they care a lot about if they can see the guy's abs. they dont care much for big shoulders, chest, back and arms, as long as they can see the guy's abs. i have showed pictures of random guys who are big and strong (mostly rugby players) and have said they hate them because no abs are showing. they dont have a big belly but simply no abs are showing.

so i ask you girls this: do you only care about the abs over big shoulders, chest, back and arms?

I really don't want to see a boys abs. Just no. Nor do I want them to have big arms and big hefty shoulders.

Original post by Break To Build
I read your correction, you're still incorrect. The difference between spending 4 hours in the gym and staying small and getting bulky is eating right. You don't have to spend long in a gym to get results as long as you're eating correctly.

that entirely depends on the person and his medical condition.

Original post by innerhollow
Actually, not necessarily. It actually affects your physique negatively if you sped absurd lengths of time in the gym. More likely that a muscled guy will spend lots of time eating, which doesn't exactly detract from time he can spend with you.

maybe, but I don't generally find muscley, bulky guys attractive anyway.
I prefer a 4 pack over a 6 pack but a slim stomach will do. I have a thing for legs though, well the calves (weird, no?). Arms are equally important too.
No. As long as they dont have a belly..im not fussed.

Although nice arms :sogood:
Reply 44
Yes, the four hours a week it requires to achieve anything resembling decent. Such a burden on your relationship cannot be sustained I'm sure.

I box. I do my training at 5am, I then have breakfast at 7am.
Most women spend this kind of time putting on make up and getting themselves ready and looking presentable, me on the other hand, all I need to do to look presentable is to spend 10 minutes in the shower and another 5 or 10 minutes over the sink.
OMG a sexy back is the oneeeee
I don't partcularly care for any of the previously mentioned...big muscles kinda scare me. I prefer very skinny physiques.
Reply 47
A certain type of girls are really obsessed with six-packs. I don't need to elaborate.

Abs are seriously not important to me at all. When it comes to looks; face is first, charming smile, shoulder-length, full hair, not obese or too skinny, a slight tan, in general ok shape and so on. Abs are not really on the list. If he happens to be super-toned, okay, but I would never choose a health-studio guy over a cute normal one.
Reply 48
Yes, the four hours a week it requires to achieve anything resembling decent. Such a burden on your relationship cannot be sustained I'm sure.

it doesn't even take that it's like 10mins of press ups and sit ups in the morning and before bed.

E:not that i care about getting negged but why? It's the truth :confused:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 49
am I the only person that is a bum girl?
Original post by dol:)
am I the only person that is a bum girl?

why are you a bum girl? is there anything you like in particular about a guy's bum?
Girls only care about money

/thread
Original post by robotwars
do you only care about the abs over big shoulders, chest, back and arms?

Absolutely not... I would rather a guy had lovely strong arms than a 6-pack!
Original post by Guy Secretan
Don't go to the gym just to impress some girl, do it for yourself. If she doesn't like you for who you are then forget about her.

The only thing worth reading on this thread. You're only going to be happy with a girl if you're happy in being single and doing your own thing.
A guy who is obsessed with going to the gym to get ripped is just really unattractive to me, and i'd much rather him spend the time with me and be more chilled out. Having said that, laziness and acting like a slob is also very unattractive - it's all about striking the perfect balance! :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by Sophie_girl
LOL forget all you boring girls, I LOVE muscles. Give me a guy who takes pride over his body and spends a bit of time in the gym rather than a lazy arse any day. Big arms, a big chest, a nice stomach, big legs... :coma: YES PLEASE.

I'd rather their hobby for a few hours a week was their physique rather than star wars.

Made me laugh, sounded pervy haha although you're only speaking the truth, most girls on here just wont admit it. Its like when they say they looks arent important where we all know they are.

Original post by j.emilylala
A guy who is obsessed with going to the gym to get ripped is just really unattractive to me, and i'd much rather him spend the time with me and be more chilled out. Having said that, laziness and acting like a slob is also very unattractive - it's all about striking the perfect balance! :biggrin:

so 3 hours a week is too much and obsessive? tbh it has no logic what you are saying, it doesnt take much to maintain a good body and people are gonna be a lot healthier for it. Most girls that dont like guys be in good shape are like that because of their own insecurities and dont want other girls to be attracted to their bf
(edited 13 years ago)
Shoulder and backs :coma: - however lightly defined abs are also nice :grin:
Original post by j.emilylala

Dd you even read the thread? You only have to spend a few hours a week in a gym. Its just having a hobby which just so happens to give you a good physique
Original post by Megaloblastic
Dd you even read the thread? You only have to spend a few hours a week in a gym. Its just having a hobby which just so happens to give you a good physique

You dont necessarily HAVE to spend time at the gym to have a good physique?
Reply 59
Guys, do you care of the flabby tummy on a girl?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending