The Student Room Group

Girls- if it was socially acceptable for you to walk around topless... (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

That would be so painful! and annoying when they flew around when you were trying to do things
Reply 81
Original post by Lewroll
I suspect this would happen :colonhash:

And how icky would it be to see an old granny with saggy breasts down to her knees :afraid:

A joke:
An old granny comes to a hospital with a bullet in her knee. A doctor says: Why don't you go to police if someone shot you? Granny replies: I tried to commit suicide and so I shot myself. When I asked my physician what's the least painful way to die, he said that it has to be being shot in the heart, right under the boob.
:smile:
Reply 82
Boys would soon decide they wouldn't like girls walking around without bras on, thats what pulls the boobs up, for those with bigger chests, everything soon starts to decend. Especially those who have babies or are getting older, would you find it attractive to see an 80 year old woman just enjoying the breeze as she walked past you?

Tribal women who walk around topless are used to that, plus I don't think they're seen as a sexual attribute in their societies, just that they produce milk for the babies. When girls wear bras for most of their lives it feels completely different to go without it. One time I forgot to put my bra on before I went to school and only realised when I arrived, the entire day it felt uncomfortable and I kept having to cross my arms over or under my boobs to get some support and make it look less werid.
Reply 83
Original post by Lewroll
Fair point. Of course I still think that without bras women would be perfectly fine, however theres nothing wrong with adding a bit of comfort to our lives :biggrin:

Why was it a big mistake? Did one of your boobs smack you in the face?

No, they're not that big lol. It just hurt as they moved up and down. I once went to a spinning class and forgot my sports bra, that was worse.
Reply 84
No.
Men wouldn't mind it as sexy anymore.
Reply 85
I didn't read this all of the posts in this thread, I can guess, though, it's mainly guys going "Oooh yeah boobs!" or something

*sigh*
As if I don't get grabbed and perved at enough when I'm fully dressed...
No. It is socially acceptable in some places, but that wouldn't make a difference to my opinion.
Yes, I'd like to have the choice but would I, probably not, especially with our climate and I feel cold easily.
Reply 89
Original post by Lewroll
I suspect this would happen :colonhash:

And how icky would it be to see an old granny with saggy breasts down to her knees :afraid:

Tribes in Africa where women go topless don't regard them as sexual anymore because of it.

Infact the anecdote goes they think its bizarre that grown men like breasts, like playing with them etc, since in their eyes they're meant for babys so it must look as odd as a grown man playing with a rattle lol.
I would love for it to be socially acceptable to walk around topless in the summer, bras are annoying when it's not, plus it's not equality, you'd have to be careful not to get sunburnt nipples though
Reply 91
Original post by Lewroll

Have you never spent the day braless? Wouldn't it be exciting, the freedom and relief. I think it would be healthy for everyone to walk around naked at least one day a year.

Well yes but it's painful! It's a boob crime. :frown: Guys feel free to walk around naked though...
Reply 92
Original post by insoms
Tribes in Africa where women go topless don't regard them as sexual anymore because of it.

Infact the anecdote goes they think its bizarre that grown men like breasts, like playing with them etc, since in their eyes they're meant for babys so it must look as odd as a grown man playing with a rattle lol.

Breast fetishism is just a manifestation of mother/child bonding translated into something sexual. Arguably something similar can be said to be true for all heterosexual relationships, except sometimes it's a father/daughter relationship. That's why men like being mothered and pick girlfriends similar to their mother.

So when you crave to suck and fondle with your girlfriend's breasts you are simply harking back to the time you were suckling on your mother's teat, that's a psychological fact. You're just craving the intimacy you shared with your mum.

The ironic thing is that nowadays mothers don't like breastfeeding their child, a completely natural thing to do and the actual biological purpose of breasts, and this is because breasts have become considered even more sexual than ever before and it seems weird for your new born child to be sucking at something your boyfriend was at week earlier.

Now we have a situation where it's more common for a woman to want to enjoy experiencing the intimacy of breastfeeding with her spouse and just go to the shops and buy some formula for her child.
Yes. But then I'm one of those who thinks we should be able to walk round naked without getting arrested so :dontknow:
Original post by RunningHam
This is such a boy thread.

Boy being the key word...

OP: would you like to see your mum and sister wonder about topless. Just wondering.

Incidentally, you remember than nudist nutter about a decade back that climbed up a pole outside Westminster and tied himself to the lampost? He lived across the road from me. He was very strange...he did quite a lot of streaking in London too. "Nudity is beautiful" he would say.
(edited 12 years ago)
Guys, rethink your answers when you imagine the theoretical situation of going to your nan's for a sunday dinner and being greeted by her topless? ..or introducing your mum to your mates for the first time? lol.

Also, i reckon if it was socially acceptable for girls to walk around topless, guys' hype and 'love' for womens' boobs would not be so special?
Reply 96
Probably not. Its nice to relax in pjs round the house without a bra on but its uncomfortable after a while so I'd have to at least wear a bra
Reply 97
But if it were socially acceptable you guys would get no kick out of it......so it wouldnt be worth it??
(edited 12 years ago)
If I wasn't for the fact I'm a bit insecure about my breasts, I would happily walk around topless if it was 'accepted'. I love doing it in my room/after a shower. It always pisses me off in summer/abroad when elderly men with hairy chests and a pot belly can wander around damn near naked and I'm sweating and trying to find a top and bra that work together AND keep me cool.
This thread is win!

Quick Reply

Latest