The Student Room Group

How will I ever get anywhere if he won't even look at me?!

Basically this guy(a friend of friends) was out with us one night and I thought 'Wow, who is he?' It seemed like the chemistry was reciprocated, but stupidly we never actually spoke.

Now he'll at me from a distance and he'll be nearby if one of his mates are talking to me; but when I actually turn to look at him he does that looksinthe otherdirectionreallyfast thing. Twice now I've been right next to him and ready to give him my best smile and a hello :smile:, and both times he's looked away as soon as I looked at him, so I don't even get the chance to smile! Wtf...

Another time I was standing talking to a mate (in a club) and when his group of mates walked off to talk to some other folk he hung about on the spot on his own :s-smilie: I wondered if this was his signal for me to go over, but I couldn't have ditched the friend I was with.

I've since pointed him out to a mate and she said that he's alright-looking but I'm 'way out of his league' and she thinks he's too scared to approach me. I have no idea what it is...I wanted to add him on Facebook(...bloody Facebook) because it might be less intimidating for hm to talk there first but it would be too odd. Move on or is there another way?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Move on, he obviously has no interest. Or he is too shy or insecure to chat you up. Either way, are you willing to have such a guy as your boyfriend? A confident guy would suit you much better :cool:.
How do you know there was 'chemistry' between you if you two never spoke?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Now he'll at me from a distance and he'll be nearby if one of his mates are talking to me; but when I actually turn to look at him he does that looksinthe otherdirectionreallyfast thing. Twice now I've been right next to him and ready to give him my best smile and a hello :smile:, and both times he's looked away as soon as I looked at him, so I don't even get the chance to smile! Wtf...

You aren't perchance a former high priestess of Athena, are you? Hubris is a powerful concept.
Reply 4
Original post by alijimi
Move on, he obviously has no interest. Or he is too shy or insecure to chat you up. Either way, are you willing to have such a guy as your boyfriend? A confident guy would suit you much better :cool:.

As it happens a confident guy is interested but I'm not attracted to him...go figure. I definitely feel that this guy is, there's something there. I found out a few things about him through a friend and we actually have a lot in common; plus he banged right into me one night and was really apologetic and sweet about it. So he seems like a decent guy.

Oh listen to me! I know you are exactly right and I'm just wasting me time, but sometimes being really atrtacted to someone only comes around occasionally. He would've approached though right? Probably just need to let it go.
Reply 5
Original post by sarahthegemini

Weird as it sounds, the first time I saw him we locked eyes on eachother for ages. It was an amazing feeling and keeps happening, as I said it's just a feeling but it's not going anywhere, so...
Reply 6
As it happens a confident guy is interested but I'm not attracted to him...go figure. I definitely feel that this guy is, there's something there. I found out a few things about him through a friend and we actually have a lot in common; plus he banged right into me one night and was really apologetic and sweet about it. So he seems like a decent guy.

Oh listen to me! I know you are exactly right and I'm just wasting me time, but sometimes being really atrtacted to someone only comes around occasionally. He would've approached though right? Probably just need to let it go.

Not much you can do when he wont even look at you, sounds like he is just really shy. Maybe when he is talking to one of your friends go over and start talking to him and your friend, that way he cant run away... i mean that way it might be a bit easier for him :P either that or when he is drunk take advantage.. no i'm joking that would be mean. You could also maybe just go speak to him randomly, like say you 'lost' your friends in a club you could ask him if he has seen them, then you wont come across as some wierd stalker girl like you do on here.. only joking but might be a bit less intimidating and would be a bit of an ice breaker.
Reply 7
Original post by st_23
Not much you can do when he wont even look at you, sounds like he is just really shy. Maybe when he is talking to one of your friends go over and start talking to him and your friend, that way he cant run away... i mean that way it might be a bit easier for him :P either that or when he is drunk take advantage.. no i'm joking that would be mean. You could also maybe just go speak to him randomly, like say you 'lost' your friends in a club you could ask him if he has seen them, then you wont come across as some wierd stalker girl like you do on here.. only joking but might be a bit less intimidating and would be a bit of an ice breaker.

Exactly. Previously one of his male friends came over to speak to me and during the conversation I turned round and he was standing watching us(not as freaky as it sounds over this...); instead of just joining in with the conversation I mean, which he could have done.

I was going to go over and say hello to one of his friends that I know when he was with him, but there were about seven other guys with them in a big group...slightly intimidating. Saying hello and a smile always seems the simple method, as well. :frown: Thanks for your advice, it just feels a bit hopeless at this point, running out of options!
Reply 8
Exactly. Previously one of his male friends came over to speak to me and during the conversation I turned round and he was standing watching us(not as freaky as it sounds over this...); instead of just joining in with the conversation I mean, which he could have done.

I was going to go over and say hello to one of his friends that I know when he was with him, but there were about seven other guys with them in a big group...slightly intimidating. Saying hello and a smile always seems the simple method, as well. :frown: Thanks for your advice, it just feels a bit hopeless at this point, running out of options!

yeah well obviously you gotta do it at the right time but maybe if he is just with one friend maybe go other then but i agree it wouldnt be such a good idea when he is around a big group. Obviously I have no idea what you both look like but it could just be because he thinks he doesnt have a chance with you but its hard to say
Reply 9
OP, how often do you see him?

If it's not very often, I say take your chance next time and just start a convo as he seems like one of those guys that are shy, incredibly shy. When a shy guy looks at you the way you describe that guy doing, it's ONLY because he likes you. As the guy above said, if he thinks he has no chance with you, and is shy, he probably never will - intimidation.
Just say hello and start chatting instead of waiting for him to make the first move.
Reply 11
How talkative is he with his friends?

Maybe next time you see him just say hello to him even if he's not looking. Even the shyest of guys will usually reciprocate a hello and it may make him feel less intimidated by you.

You're a woman, hopefully you should be more qualified to answer this than any man on the planet.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
You're a woman, hopefully you should be more qualified to answer this than any man on the planet.

I don't claim to have chemistry with a guy that I've not even had a conversation with :teehee: So no, I can't answer that :colonhash:
I don't claim to have chemistry with a guy that I've not even had a conversation with :teehee: So no, I can't answer that :colonhash:

I merely meant your puzzlement with a fellow females mind.

YOU ALL THINK ALIKE! So you must know. ^_^
Reply 15

Good eye contact in the way I'm taking about usually means good chemistry. What constitutes chemistry to you then?
Reply 16
Original post by Mumbles...
How talkative is he with his friends?

Maybe next time you see him just say hello to him even if he's not looking. Even the shyest of guys will usually reciprocate a hello and it may make him feel less intimidated by you.

Talkative-ish...?

He doesn't seem like a big talker in general but I've seen him being relatively friendly and introducing himself to other males...with me he just stares then when I'm near swivels his head in the other direction. I want to do this...just say hello even if he's not looking but it will be a bit mortifying saying it into thin air ha ha! May give it a go...
Reply 17
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Just say hello and start chatting instead of waiting for him to make the first move.

Well I was going to say hello and start chatting had he actually looked at me...it's a bit off-putting when you think the person likes you, then suddenly they won't even look at you.
Good eye contact in the way I'm taking about usually means good chemistry. What constitutes chemistry to you then?

Well to me, chemistry is like, when you meet someone and talk to them and the conversation just sorta flows and you can just kinda 'feel' it. Y'know?
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
I merely meant your puzzlement with a fellow females mind.

YOU ALL THINK ALIKE! So you must know. ^_^

Not true :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending