The Student Room Group

17 and really want to be with someone?

I'm 17 but I just feel jealous that my friends have girls who they go out with most weekend in girl's car and they go driving...etc. I just feel really **** and its affecting my Alevels.

Any motivation please or any advice?
Reply 1
You're only 17, enjoy life
Original post by Anonymous

I'm 17 but I just feel jealous that my friends have girls who they go out with most weekend in girl's car and they go driving...etc. I just feel really **** and its affecting my Alevels.

Jesus Christ- So what?

God, live your own life and who cares what your friends are doing?

If you mess up your A-levels, you only have yourself to blame.

They're just girls, right? Just girls.

It's just depressing the amount of people older than me who feel that not having a boyfriend/girlfriend is the be all and the end all.

Get over it.
Reply 3
Original post by im so academic
Jesus Christ- So what?

It's just depressing the amount of people older than me who feel that not having a boyfriend/girlfriend is the be all and the end all.

Get over it.

These people are with me everyday. I got to boys school but on the weekend, most of them have enjoyed themselves by going out with girls :frown:
Reply 4
I feel your pain.

These people are with me everyday. I got to boys school but on the weekend, most of them have enjoyed themselves by going out with girls :frown:

Ignore the 10-year-old. Nothing wrong with wanting a relationship, but give it time.
Jesus Christ- So what?

Get over it.

alright Anne Hathaway?

You can always retake, you're only young once, might as well have a laugh. (and getting a gf doesn't mean you fail your A Levels)

Oh and like someone said before, the way to a 17 year olds heart is through a car!

So? You can enjoy yourself without going out with girls.

If you feel you're missing out on something, then get a ****ing girlfriend.

If not, move on.
Original post by rugbyladosc
alright Anne Hathaway?

You can always retake, you're only young once, might as well have a laugh. (and getting a gf doesn't mean you fail your A Levels)

Oh and like someone said before, the way to a 17 year olds heart is through a car!

Disgusting attitude to retakes. One could argue that you have an opportunity to educate yourself, so why not use it to your full advantage? There is always time for girls later.

And I'm not retarded; getting a girlfriend =/= fail your A-levels

But read the OP, he says "its affecting my Alevels".
Disgusting attitude to retakes. One could argue that you have an opportunity to educate yourself, so why not use it to your full advantage? There is always time for girls later.

And I'm not retarded; getting a girlfriend =/= fail your A-levels

But read the OP, he says "its affecting my Alevels".

Well you said 'If you mess up your A-levels, you only have yourself to blame. ' inferring that getting a gf would mess up his life.

You haven't even hit puberty yet, so therefore your argument carries no weight. Come back when you start getting interested in real boys and see how easy it is to 'get over it'
Reply 10

If you feel you're missing out on something, then get a ****ing girlfriend.

Congratulations on reaching the crux of the issue so astutely :rolleyes:
I'm in the same situation, but I'm a girl, and want a boyfriend.

But, I'd say, go with the flow, something will eventually happen.
Original post by rugbyladosc
Well you said 'If you mess up your A-levels, you only have yourself to blame. ' inferring that getting a gf would mess up his life.

Err NO?! A girlfriend does not fail your A-levels. Only YOU fail your A-levels. Who the hell sits your exams? Your girlfriend? No.

How the heck does that infer that?

You haven't even hit puberty yet, so therefore your argument carries no weight. Come back when you start getting interested in real boys and see how easy it is to 'get over it'

You know nothing about me. Trust me, I know how hard it is to get over someone.

You know nothing about me. Trust me, I know how hard it is to get over someone.

Bieber?
Reply 14
Still feel really down grr

Awww! Chin up! STD statistics for 17 year girls are rather...unlucky.

Although, as a 17 year old girl, I feel your pain :biggrin:.
Reply 16
Get a blow up doll and go crazy :colone:
Reply 17
By feeling left out by not having a girlfriend is reasonably understand but still foolish. Letting it affect your concentration for your A levels is just stupidity.
You are 17! Find other hobbies, concentrate on your work and when its your time, I'm sure you'll find a girlfriend. Until then, cease with the misery talk.

Quick Reply

Latest