The Student Room Group

Nottingham, Sheffield or Leicester?

Hey guys, :smile:
I am going to apply to do History at university, and have been narrowing down my uni choices to 5, and need help with my 5th choice. (Nottingham, Sheffield or Leicester)
Sheffield is ranked the lowest of the 3 (31st), but the highest for History (10th)
Leicester is ranked the highest (12th), but the lowest for History (30th)
Nottingham is ranked 21st overall, and 17th in History, so it sits in the middle

any thoughts guys? thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by JackSt93

Yes, albiet not terribly helpful advice.

Don't get obsessed with league tables. As you can see, there is no real difference between the three. Besides, if you go to another table you will possibly find slightly different places (with Leicester aboving Nottingham in the history table, for example).

But I will do something useful. Move the thread to history.
Reply 2
Original post by JackSt93
I am going to apply to do History at university, and have been narrowing down my uni choices to 5, and need help with my 5th choice. (Nottingham, Sheffield or Leicester)
Sheffield is ranked the lowest of the 3 (31st), but the highest for History (10th)
Leicester is ranked the highest (12th), but the lowest for History (30th)
Nottingham is ranked 21st overall, and 17th in History, so it sits in the middle

Have you been to look around the unis? This really helped me when choosing my five for history last year. Also, are there differences between the standard offer between the three?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending