The Student Room Group

Generally, why is it only a select few guys that get the all of girls?

Keep anon/delete, know guys on here.
Basically, why is it only a select few of the best looking guys/popular guys who can get lots of girls. The majority of guys just get left out. Then girls complained how they get dumped by the same type of jock/athlete built guy and go back for more.
This is all I ever see at uni. Girls don't want to be around guys at all unless they have the whole package. Average or even above average just won't do. Why is everything so shallow and cliquey at uni, really hoped it'd be the opposite, but it's actually worse and less diverse than school for this type of thing. Darn it Hull!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because what their head and what their hearts want are two different things pal.
Reply 2
Original post by Tyler.
Because what their head and what their hearts want are two different things pal.

Expand, don't understand what you meant.
Learn to play the guitar and you'll have girls swarming all over you. :smile:

It just seems to work.

Having a nice bum will also work nicely. Just saying.
Reply 4
Original post by Wick3d

Having a nice bum will also work nicely. Just saying.

This
Reply 5
Harsh generalization.
Lasting and fulfilled relationships as well as those that break hearts rarely have anything to do with looks. Everyone has different standards and those standards change with time and experience.
Also, everyone makes mistakes when it comes to choosing to date someone - that is how one learns to distinguish the pricks between the roses. Your observations only apply to Hull.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Wick3d
Learn to play the guitar and you'll have girls swarming all over you. :smile:

Busking?
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Busking?

Not Busking. Just being able to play, and play pretty good.
Reply 8
Its evolution at work
Reply 9
Original post by Tyler.

..how do you mean?
Reply 10
Well this isn't fact, I'm not a female but this is my conclusion;

Their heart desires a nice gentle guy who isn't going to mess them around and is going to take good care of them. Their head tells them otherwise - so when they spend time with a "bad boy" they tend to fall for them. Most girls love a bit of roughness and a bit of mysteriousness.

That does tend to change later on in life, or so I've heard.

Girls, feel free to correct me. I don't pretend to be an expert. ;p
Original post by Wick3d
Not Busking. Just being able to play, and play pretty good.

It was a joke mate.
I doubt that. You aren't going for the right girls lol. Don't you think loads of girls might say 'why is it that only a select few girls get all the guys, most guys only want the much better than average ones and complain when they get dumped, rejected or used. I thought things would be different at uni, but all the guys are shallow and cliquey.'
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Cause the average guy = yawn
Reply 14
Original post by Anya~
Cause the average guy = yawn

That's cool, so you're not average girl then?

Piks or GTFO
Reply 15
In other words: the OP is insecure about his appearance, and blaming the world for not wanting to shag him. Hardly surprising, is it?
Bad boys tend to be the most confident funny guys.
Nice and kind = dull as dishwater.
Original post by L i b
In other words: the OP is insecure about his appearance, and blaming the world for not wanting to shag him. Hardly surprising, is it?

This.
Reply 18
Coz girls become instantly more attracted to you if they know other girls are too
Reply 19
Original post by Noodlepants
Bad boys tend to be the most confident funny guys.
Nice and kind = dull as dishwater.

Well, that's subjective

I find dishwater very interesting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending