The Student Room Group

16 and 21 - Is this ok?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by .Ali.
Personally I think it's fine. He's legal, she's legal, err'body's legal. :awesome:

Get me?

Everything is nice legal

Girls are like taxes inni, there's ways round them but as long as it's legal, all is good!
Reply 21
Original post by derp
Creep

Original post by Arenas123
You doing it doesn't make it ok. That's some creepy stuff if you ask me.

It's legal :ashamed2:
Original post by Reml
No, this is almost as disgusting as homosexuality; God views all relationships with minors as an abomination, and this is no exception

So not really all that disgusting at all?
I dunno...when I WAS 16 it seemed ok...but if I knew a guy now who was 21 and had a 16 year old girlfriend or one that was even still in school I would find it a bit weird. But everyone's different and mature at different rates so I can't be the one to judge!
Reply 25
Original post by Chaofan88
So not really all that disgusting at all?

How naive you are :rolleyes:
Reply 26
Original post by .Ali.
Personally I think it's fine. He's legal, she's legal, err'body's legal. :awesome:

Girl = 16

Man = 60

Is it still fine? He's legal, she's legal, everybodys legal.
My mom loves my bf. He's 10 years older. :mmm:

(Met when I was 17 :awesome:)
It's a bit of a grey area tbh. I'm almost 20 and even I would still be a bit weird about being with a 16 year old. I guess it's ok though. Prepare to get stick from friends though and be seen as being a bit creepy by some people that don't know you very well.

I wouldn't be happy if it was my daughter, then again I wouldn't have much say in the matter.
Reply 29
Original post by Noodlepants
It's legal :ashamed2:

Sorry that was a bit harsh.

Still I think it's a bit weird.

Would you go out with a 45 year old ? That's still legal. Legality of it all isn't very helpfull.
Reply 30
i did 17 and 25 so i would say yes :tongue:
you'll obi=viosuly get a few who think it's weird but it could be a lot worse (obviously)
I think it depends on how mature both parties are..
The 21-year-olds friends might think it is a bit weird though.

It gets less weird as you get older.
As long as he doesn't try to get sex off you. Lol, remember, the law basically only steps in when it gets sexual.
Reply 33
Original post by Anonymous
My mom loves my bf. He's 10 years older. :mmm:

(Met when I was 17 :awesome:)

Really ? Are you that happy with your relationship that you go anon to tell us about it ? You clearly know something is wrong there.

Why is everyone talking about their mum being ok with it ?

What about your dad ? They are the ones that I thought girls had to worry about when they were bringing a guy home.
Reply 34
Original post by SAK.A
Girl = 16

Man = 60

Is it still fine? He's legal, she's legal, everybodys legal.

Slightly creepy but nothing insanely 'wrong' with it. Apart form the fact it's a blatant trophy girlfriend/rich man scenario. I mean it's not paedophilia as the vast majority of 16 year olds are fully developed.
Morally yeah seeing as your legal and the age gap is only 5 years. But socially it might not work out your both in different places like education and work wise. As for maturity only you can judge that.
Reply 36
Original post by .Ali.
Slightly creepy but nothing insanely 'wrong' with it. Apart form the fact it's a blatant trophy girlfriend/rich man scenario. I mean it's not paedophilia as the vast majority of 16 year olds are fully developed.

So if you had a 16 year old daughter and she was dating a 60 year old man you would be okay with it?
There is nothing wrong about that mate, my girlfriend is currently 20 and I'm 17. No problem whatsoever. :smile:
Reply 38
I'm 21 and I wouldn't go anywhere near a 16 year old girl. Girls are very immature at that age anyway so compatibility would be an issue. But it's not the worst age gap I've heard. I found out that my ex-gf went out with a 19 year old when she was 14, now that's sick.
Reply 39
No its not alright yes it may be legally right and within the law but no it does'nt agree with my moral codes because I don't believe a 16 yr old person be it male or female can make a good mental decision. Especially when it comes to issues dealing with relationships personally I think if you are 21 and date a 16 yr old you are taking advantage of the person.

Just remember how immature people of that age are than ask yourself how fast they think? also imagine yourself breaking up with this young partner and her/she getting angry and making there way to the police to tell a big lie that will leave a big impact in your life yes I hope you understand how dodgy the ground your planning on treading on is.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending