The Student Room Group

16 and 21 - Is this ok?

Scroll to see replies

The rule is half your age plus seven. So no.
Reply 41
Original post by SAK.A
So if you had a 16 year old daughter and she was dating a 60 year old man you would be okay with it?

For my child? I'd be uncomfortable with it. I'd deffinately be okay with up to 25 though, and after 18 I wouldn't give a damn who she dated.
Reply 42
Original post by Fumblenuts91
The rule is half your age plus seven. So no.

Who makes these ridiculous rules? There's no hard solid rules when it comes to dating, just date who you want!
As long as it's legal, I don't think it's for any of us to decide whether or not it's "ok". It might be unsual, sure - but you don't need our blessings or approval.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by .Ali.
Who makes these ridiculous rules? There's no hard solid rules when it comes to dating, just date who you want!

I've only heard of one rule, and it's that one. It's a good one too, leave it alone.

Or have you broken it before? For shame.
Reply 45
Original post by .Ali.
For my child? I'd be uncomfortable with it. I'd deffinately be okay with up to 25 though, and after 18 I wouldn't give a damn who she dated.

Why do you have different views for your children and other people.
Reply 46
Original post by Fumblenuts91
I've only heard of one rule, and it's that one. It's a good one too, leave it alone.

Or have you broken it before? For shame.

It's not a good rule, it's ridiculous. Love who you love, it's that simple.
Reply 47
Original post by SAK.A
Why do you have different views for your children and other people.

Because it's not my business what other people do. I do think there is a point where it becomes creepy, such as the example you stated, but generally, age is irrelevant. As I said it wouldn't bother me if my 16 year old dated a 20-something.
Reply 48
Original post by .Ali.
Because it's not my business what other people do. I do think there is a point where it becomes creepy, such as the example you stated, but generally, age is irrelevant. As I said it wouldn't bother me if my 16 year old dated a 20-something.

Fair enough. Everyones entitled to their own opinion.
Original post by Aack
Funny how 1 year can make you a paedo.

True, but the law has to start on some age right ?
Reply 50
Original post by Reml
No, this is almost as disgusting as homosexuality; God views all relationships with minors as an abomination, and this is no exception

Wouldn't Mary have married Joseph at around age 14-15? Even up until a few centuries ago girls were getting married from ages 13+ there would have been thousands of Christians doing this, God hates relationships with minors? I don't think so.

Plus, if the girl is 16, legally, she's not a minor and it's not wrong for her to be in the relationship.
Original post by Mancini
No its not alright yes it may be legally right and within the law but no it does'nt agree with my moral codes because I don't believe a 16 yr old person be it male or female can make a good mental decision. Especially when it comes to issues dealing with relationships personally I think if you are 21 and date a 16 yr old you are taking advantage of the person.

Just remember how immature people of that age are than ask yourself how fast they think? also imagine yourself breaking up with this young partner and her/she getting angry and making there way to the police to tell a big lie that will leave a big impact in your life yes I hope you understand how dodgy the ground your planning on treading on is.

Erm no, 16 years old girls arent that stupid. I've been with a 22 years old when I was 16, and although it did not end well, I never even thought of reporting him to the police..

Yeah, 16 and 21 is fine. If the girl is mature enough that is, but surely, if a 21 years old guy likes her, she must be a bit..?
Reply 52
Original post by FXX
1 day*

1 minute
Reply 53
Original post by littlepotatoe
Erm no, 16 years old girls arent that stupid. I've been with a 22 years old when I was 16, and although it did not end well, I never even thought of reporting him to the police..

Yeah, 16 and 21 is fine. If the girl is mature enough that is, but surely, if a 21 years old guy likes her, she must be a bit..?

Yes and you represent the majority of 16 yr olds do you?
Original post by Aack
Funny how 1 year can make you a paedo.

I know a guy who asked a girl out who was older than him (knowing her age) by about 3 months, and he was called a paedo (by other people)
Reply 55
Original post by Reml
How naive you are :rolleyes:

you believe in a fake god and you call other people naive:eek:
Reply 56
Original post by Reml
No, this is almost as disgusting as homosexuality; God views all relationships with minors as an abomination, and this is no exception

You're not for real.:tongue:
Original post by Mancini
Yes and you represent the majority of 16 yr olds do you?

Well obviously I knew a lot of them when I was 16. None of them would have been stupid enough to do that.
Reply 58
The 'proto-adulthood' experienced between 16 and 21 is generally held to be among the most momentous, formative and emotionally turbulent periods of your entire life, and would be evoked by any self-respecting adult with a mixture of quaint nostalgia and acute, mortifying embarrassment. If, as a 21-year-old you find this to be a legitimately appealing proposition, the likelihood is that you're either desperate, mentally stillborn, or wholly bereft of anything resembling a conscience.
Original post by Reml
How naive you are :rolleyes:

Wait, change of heart. Seeing as 'god' deems it as an abomination, then homosexuals disgust me. The same way that shrimp/oyster eaters, divorced women, men who think it is morally wrong to sell their daughter as sex slaves, and people who eat bettery chicken disgust me. Hey, I heard a bunch of women just got married and had sex prior to the marriage, fancy coming to stone them to death with me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending