The Student Room Group

Boyfriend ignoring me?

Sometimes i feel as if my boyfriend ignores me for other people. I would walk up to him and he'd seem "tired" or uninterested, then he'd turn to his friends (and sometimes other girls) and be all happy and laughing. He never used to be like this, we used to have fun... now it seems like he doesn't want to be with me and it's getting me really down...what can i say or do to change this? How shall i talk to him about it, or start of the conversation to ask him about it? :confused:

Harriet
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

just be straight with him....tell him how your feeling etc and talk through it?
Reply 2
By sitting him down and addressing your concern. Maybe he has a reason for behaving that way or maybe your reading a bit too much into this? Either way, your best to tell him how all this making you feel and you'd like an explanation for it. Communication is key here. Hope it gets sorted :smile:
Sex.
Reply 4
Original post by rugbyladosc

Sex.

knew i'd get one like that
Reply 5
ask him if something's bothering him because he's not been acting like himself around you lately.
your relationship may have gotten boring for him, anyhow, talk to him about it and break it off if you can't see any progress because if he's no longer interested in you, he will eventually break up with you, and that hurts
Original post by harriet-j
knew i'd get one like that

Well in all seriousness you sound like a wet blanket, maybe it is you who has the problem.
Reply 8
he may be down about something and be putting on a brave face for other people and feel that with you he can act how he is actually feeling... happened to me before, just talk to him and see if anything is going on. good luck :smile:
Reply 9
Sex.

lol
The boyfriend-girlfriend relationship is different to a friendship - mostly, you feel as if you have more of a right to be annoyed/ask the other person to adapt certain things in their behaviour/ you take more liberties with the other person, as your lives impact each other more. He's probably taking his mood out on you because he feels he can, and can't do the same with his friends and get away with it.

I'd start off with something you feel comfortable with, perhaps asking if he's okay, and taking it from there - leading in to discussing how he hasn't been acting the same around you recently and it's upsetting you.
Reply 11

Well in all seriousness you sound like a wet blanket, maybe it is you who has the problem.

good point actually... i did wonder if i was being paranoid
Reply 12
When I read that, I thought to myself maybe he's just comfortable with you but in a good way. As in, if I'm comfortable with someone, ie, family or close friends, I can just be disinterested and aloof and I know I won't offend person in question because they are close whereas people I'm not so close with, I'd have to put a little bit more effort with. Maybe it is just that.

Like, if I'm tired, I won't say much to my mum because I know she won't get offended but if at the same time, a friend phones me, I'd have to be polite out of courtesy and also put a bit of effort into it too. It could be something simple like that. But like others have said, talk to him. You may be worrying over nothing. I'm assuming he's not like this ALL the time, though.
Reply 13
I know how you feel :frown:
Dump his sorry arse, and watch him come crawling back! :biggrin:
Reply 15
relationships are simply pointless now!

neg me it's my opinion
Sometimes i feel as if my boyfriend ignores me for other people. I would walk up to him and he'd seem "tired" or uninterested, then he'd turn to his friends (and sometimes other girls) and be all happy and laughing. He never used to be like this, we used to have fun... now it seems like he doesn't want to be with me and it's getting me really down...what can i say or do to change this? How shall i talk to him about it, or start of the conversation to ask him about it? :confused:

Harriet

Talk to him about it but...It sounds like he's bored and you might need to get a move on.
Reply 17
Tried talking to him about it?

No? How about a pity party instead then?

You bring the cake, I'll bring the fork.
Reply 18
Original post by Magsam

Original post by Magsam
Tried talking to him about it?

No? How about a pity party instead then?

You bring the cake, I'll bring the fork.

Thanks for the advice- sorry, sarcasm.
and yes i have tried talking to him about it, but with not very good results. i just need advice on how to go about it properly.
Reply 19
Thanks for the advice- sorry, sarcasm.
and yes i have tried talking to him about it, but with not very good results. i just need advice on how to go about it properly.

If you've tried talking about it and he doesn't change his behaviour, then isn't that the end of it?

Sometimes things just run their course. It doesn't mean anyones done anything wrong.

Now how about that cake?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending